View Poll Results: Alpha 17

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A17-E will be released as soon as the issues are solved and the showstopping bugs fixed.

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Feat Freeze -> Hitler Vid -> MM gameplay

0 0%
  • -> Spider Meme -> Stream Blitz ->

0 0%
  • -> Release Candidate -> A17-E

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: August 10

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: July 25

0 0%
  • -----------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
Page 1174 of 1816 FirstFirst ... 174674107411241164117211731174117511761184122412741674 ... LastLast
Results 17,596 to 17,610 of 27229

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Whatcha got that defeats "skip in 5 seconds". Cause I want.
    NoScript and AdBlockPlus, combined with uBlockOrigin and Popup Blocker Ultimate is the perfect combo to prevent redirects, get rid of ads and other malicious scripts, without actually limiting your browsing. (by setting NoScript to passive mode, not to block everything obviously).

All these are for Firefox but probably also exist for Opera. If you browse with anything else, RIP. Tho why would you. Google Chrome is just very slightly faster than Firefox but only has like one tenth of the features and nowhere near as many extensions.

The backpack size progression, although it would be slightly more immersive, is not worth even a days effort from a dev (unless they have free time).

Even with current backpack sizes, if I'm on a loot trip, I build a wooden chests on each cross street. Looting is fast once I have a good melee weapon.

Its almost a non-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique View Post
    Yeah I saw he posted about winding roads. But the road he showed isn't winding xD

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Yeah I saw he posted about winding roads. But the road he showed isn't winding xD
    My question was, if its not in Random Gen, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    My question was, if its not in Random Gen, who cares?
    Yeah true. Plus it's kinda strange to talk about this upgraded road system, and then showing a picture with a more-or-less straight road.

Hunter
    Seeing Effort is nice regardless, but i agree with Vega and Snowdog.. Why this huge investments of Ressources and Manpower in Navezgane?

I thought RWG is the "future" or rather said Big Feature of this Game, because of its Replay Value.

Every Major Patch i visit Navezgane, spend 2 or 3 hours in it and move to RWG. Even if it gets expanded and Overhauled, it still has this Feeling that you saw it way to often before and want a Map full of Suprises.

Dont get me wrong, im happily awaiting the new Navezgane and i will spend some hours exploring Perishton... And then go start RWG^^

Quote Originally Posted by KingSlayerGM View Post
    @madmole I'd kill for a video this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by toores View Post
    +1
    I second the sentiment!
    A couble of "would be" murderers in the house.
    Better get on that video MM... Or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Whatcha got that defeats "skip in 5 seconds". Cause I want.
    I use FF:
    AdblockerUltimate
    uMatrix <- like NoScript but way more control.
    That's it
    Last edited by Tin; 05-12-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Sorry, but no need for making a choice is always easier than having to make a choice. Survival games should always be forcing this OR that and only allowing this AND that after some tech advance or progression arc has made it possible.

I'm not against bigger mobile inventory eventually but it should be via vehicle cargo space (tech advance) or as a result of getting a perk based off of strength (progression arc) and if so then we should start with even smaller inventories than we do now so that there can be a satisfying progression.

In my opinion, TFP should not just add two rows to the backpack and call it a day.
    G4K plays a few mods with the large backpack mod. i dont think its a good thing either. its still always full ,he never empties it . he recently started a new mod that has the standard size backpack and now he moans about not enough room but he still loots mid game items that are not rare on day 1. you dont need plastic day 1, or moldy bread or sham sandwiches. its just hoarding..lol they have TV shows about people like that..lol i am with roland. maybe not so limiting as he likes but we dont need a bigger backpack. if you dont have room for it either come back later of make a chest outside to come back for later... you have to make tough choices to survive. its part of the immersion people like to moan about..

Quote Originally Posted by spud42 View Post
    G4K plays a few mods with the large backpack mod. i dont think its a good thing either. its still always full ,he never empties it . he recently started a new mod that has the standard size backpack and now he moans about not enough room but he still loots mid game items that are not rare on day 1. you dont need plastic day 1, or moldy bread or sham sandwiches. its just hoarding..lol they have TV shows about people like that..lol i am with roland. maybe not so limiting as he likes but we dont need a bigger backpack. if you dont have room for it either come back later of make a chest outside to come back for later... you have to make tough choices to survive. its part of the immersion people like to moan about..
    Jolly good quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by spud42 View Post
    Well the sham sandwhiches can possibly be turned into moldy bread to make antibiotics, Plastic is actualy very common, those window blinds/shades? hit em for 1-3 plastic, it stacks high and has a decent sell price to traders its a money maker. I generally take common things that have high stack sizes over say a pistol, I usually just scrap pistols as they are so common you'd never have enough inv space nor can you sell them off easly as traders only take 3 max. Sure you can sell the parts too, but that won't work in A17 when parts go bye bye and its complete guns. I actually scrap most gun parts I find in a16.4 unless its a direct upgrade to a gun I have. I just don't got the inv space, and the stuff that stacks is worth more in the long run.

Once I get the minibike though looting opens up alot because now I can store a decent amount of stuff in there as well.

I'm all about making money in games with a shop system, especally ones like 7 days to die where the trader usually has stuff at way better quality than you'll be able to make/loot for a long time. I never take armorsmith or gunsmith skills either as I find them worthless, when I can just buy qual 500+ stuff off trader. I can repair the armor making 25 qual pieces and combining them at the workbench to keep the quality.

That secret stash perk is god tier too, traders have alot of fun stuff in that section once its maxxed.
    Last edited by Siveria; 05-12-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Will there be any BRASS management in A17? like the ability to recycle your spent brass casing?

maybe even make brass balls?

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Not sure if I agree with you there faatal. They seem to path differently once they get to a wall. If the player is on top of it, they climb. While the others moan and mope around, randomly bashing anything in there way.
    Let me help you out Sillls. Faatal is playing a different version than you are. When he says “Right now” he means Alpha 17. Descriptions of what zombies do in your game aren’t proof that he’s wrong in what he says about spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    Seeing Effort is nice regardless, but i agree with Vega and Snowdog.. Why this huge investments of Ressources and Manpower in Navezgane?

I thought RWG is the "future" or rather said Big Feature of this Game, because of its Replay Value.

Every Major Patch i visit Navezgane, spend 2 or 3 hours in it and move to RWG. Even if it gets expanded and Overhauled, it still has this Feeling that you saw it way to often before and want a Map full of Suprises.

Dont get me wrong, im happily awaiting the new Navezgane and i will spend some hours exploring Perishton... And then go start RWG^^
    Navezgane is easier to work in. It loads up faster and the devs and testing team know where everything is if they want to teleport to a location to see how it is working in game. So much time would be wasted if they developed the game in a random map full of surprises. Once things are in they can be made available to randomgen.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Navezgane is easier to work in. It loads up faster and the devs and testing team know where everything is if they want to teleport to a location to see how it is working in game. So much time would be wasted if they developed the game in a random map full of surprises. Once things are in they can be made available to randomgen.
    Yeh, I gotta say; loading rwg for testing is... time consuming.