View Poll Results: Alpha 17

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A17-E will be released as soon as the issues are solved and the showstopping bugs fixed.

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Feat Freeze -> Hitler Vid -> MM gameplay

0 0%
  • -> Spider Meme -> Stream Blitz ->

0 0%
  • -> Release Candidate -> A17-E

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: August 10

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: July 25

0 0%
  • -----------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
Page 1187 of 1816 FirstFirst ... 187687108711371177118511861187118811891197123712871687 ... LastLast
Results 17,791 to 17,805 of 27229

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Yes.

If there were multiple penalty types in each grid location, zombies could even use different weighting combinations, so they would have varied behavior, like weaker ones place a stronger value to block health, while higher damaging zombies don't care to go around as much. More data in the grid will use more memory, but should be fine.
    Thanks for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by jhast07 View Post
    Kind of off topic, but since someone posted the original kickstarter page I couldn't help but notice the 300k goal had oculus rift support. Is that still on the list of things to do once this game is gold? I'm in no hurry for it, but it'd be freakin' awesome. Cause I don't know about you guys but one thing that'd make this game terrifying at night would be seeing a (silent) wandering horde at night in VR.
    Yes. 7D2D will get VR support somewhere down the line, I believe.
    Since it was a kickstarter goal.

If they fail to deliver these goals they are looking at 10 years in prison, and a fine for up to 250.000$

JK :P
    I'm really looking forward to VR support!
    But for now, I'm just really looking forward to A17

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Okay...I admit that people might eventually learn such zombie behavior -- IF -- the zombies actually will all go to the single layer side of the base and leave the double layer side alone-- which I still doubt will happen except for very small bases and once faatal is done it may not even uniformly and predictably happen for very small bases.
    I am not sure why people are worrying about Zombie AI been learn and workaround by player is done, for example no one make doors in their base. It is just A17, not end of development. When we start to learn with AI of zombie as they throw, they will take our feedback and redevelop it .. making them smarter .. And eventually whatever a development team do. one day most user start to learn how to win a game. It is just matter of time. So, whatever they come up with AI. I am pretty sure it cannot be Invincible forever.

Would love it for this game to have the ability to shove zombies away, maybe it cost a lot with stamina and/or not possible with bigger fatter zombies and/or certain timing with it like in between zambie attacks or like whatever. Thanks toodles :P

I just found Kenshi...

I'm absolutely NOT in a hurry for A17 now... What a game...

What's interesting is that if we were watching a movie or reading a book about a guy who woke up in a zombie apocalypse after being in a coma and he found some helpful survivors and one of those survivors said, " We discovered months ago that the zombies favor doors so we always use tunnels with camouflaged entrances. We think they must have some residual knowledge from before they were infected that makes those bastards instinctively seek out doors." -- we would then accept that exposition as the way the universe of the movie worked and happily watch the rest of the movie without thinking that those survivors were being cheap exploiting recognizable zombie behavior. (In fact, it is inexplicable why the characters in TWD never routinely rubbed guts on themselves whenever going out since they learned early on that it worked...)

But in games, we don't want to be bored by predictable enemy behavior.
    Sheesh Roland, wearing zombie guts all the time is even a stretch for "no shower" rick. Look what happen to father gabriel.

Quote Originally Posted by JayzenFreeze View Post
    The tooth kraken demands A17 release lol.
    Attachment 24488
    I think the kraken is a bit early this release, lol

What's interesting is that if we were watching a movie or reading a book about a guy who woke up in a zombie apocalypse after being in a coma and he found some helpful survivors and one of those survivors said, " We discovered months ago that the zombies favor doors so we always use tunnels with camouflaged entrances. We think they must have some residual knowledge from before they were infected that makes those bastards instinctively seek out doors." -- we would then accept that exposition as the way the universe of the movie worked and happily watch the rest of the movie without thinking that those survivors were being cheap exploiting recognizable zombie behavior. (In fact, it is inexplicable why the characters in TWD never routinely rubbed guts on themselves whenever going out since they learned early on that it worked...)

But in games, we don't want to be bored by predictable enemy behavior.
    As for the walking dead comment.. I think the smell would have alot to do with it. Who would want to constantly coat themselves with putrid smelling rotting flesh everytime they go outside?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    Edit: Or, each zombie has a behavior:

-Nurses always target the player and always go for the easiest path.
    -Bikers and lumberjacks will head straight for the player location and start attacking anything in there way.
    -Spider zombies will quietly climb up the walls and only make a small sound when it sees the player.

This would give each zombie type some feel to them and no just a random, generic zed.

Opps! dang Internets not doing what I wanted!
    I wish ALL zombies would only make a sound if they see the player, I never use guns because in a poi it wakes up the whole damned thing and then its zombie screech-a-thon. I'd rather them not make any voices but still try to destroy stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JayzenFreeze View Post
    The tooth kraken demands A17 release lol.
    Attachment 24488
    If that is someones real pulled tooth man the pain must have been brutal once the freezing wore off.

A17 cant be released yet!

I just started a new game, this time to test the shotgun perks, as I now know I can make a ton a shotgun shells consistently. This is truly a potential game changer for me and I want to make sure that using a skilled up shotgun wielding player is just as useful as a rifle expert.

Even if a maxed out shotgun player is slightly less than a rifle expert, it would still be a VERY strong choice!

Anyone ever do a shotgun focus and if so, what do you think?
    I find the shotgun weak myself, its base damage is not to high when you factor in you bascally have to be kissing the zombie to do anything to it. Its headshot mult is low, and its per ray/pellet. Meanwhile the sniper hits almost as hard as a shotgun (with buckshot not slugs), at a much farther range with a 9x headshot bonus iirc. Add in the fact in a17 you can have a silenced sniper rifle, and well.... yeah.. I can't see ever using the shotgun unless it gets a silencer as well. Has too many demerits compared to any of the rifles. I find the pistol equally useless, as its range is ass, and it hits like a wet noodle. SMG is slightly better but not by much due to its lower headshot mult, but it does fix the range/sound issue. When a wooden bow with stone arrows hits as hard or harder at quality 25-50 than a 560 quality pistol, you know there is a balance issue there. You could argue clip size, but I find clip size moot, because of how much the zombies move after a headshot, its rare to be abel to double tap a zombie before its head moves way out of range.. They need to fix that tbh, they move way to much when shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Siveria View Post
    I find the shotgun weak myself, its base damage is not to high when you factor in you bascally have to be kissing the zombie to do anything to it. Its headshot mult is low, and its per ray/pellet. Meanwhile the sniper hits almost as hard as a shotgun (with buckshot not slugs), at a much farther range with a 9x headshot bonus iirc. Add in the fact in a17 you can have a silenced sniper rifle, and well.... yeah.. I can't see ever using the shotgun unless it gets a silencer as well. Has too many demerits compared to any of the rifles. I find the pistol equally useless, as its range is ass, and it hits like a wet noodle. SMG is slightly better but not by much due to its lower headshot mult, but it does fix the range/sound issue. When a wooden bow with stone arrows hits as hard or harder at quality 25-50 than a 560 quality pistol, you know there is a balance issue there. You could argue clip size, but I find clip size moot, because of how much the zombies move after a headshot, its rare to be abel to double tap a zombie before its head moves way out of range.. They need to fix that tbh, they move way to much when shot.
    Yeah, pistols are a waste of skill points (in A16 anyway) and I was completely turned off from the shotgun since A15.

Well, atleast the shotgun turrets for some reason do some epic damage. Balance issues, like you said.

I havent commented on that because I was waiting until I see a high level player with skills and good mods.

If a max player/modded up Pistol cant one shot a normal zed in the head, then something is broken. We'll see.
    Madmole stated clearly in that video more than once that no balancing had been done at that point. You're making a mountain out of a... wait for it... a MOLE hill

Agree that pistols should be stronger than bows, especially when the pistol is better quality

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    As for the walking dead comment.. I think the smell would have alot to do with it. Who would want to constantly coat themselves with putrid smelling rotting flesh everytime they go outside?
    The whisperers, the next iteration of bad guys after negan. Well, they one up the guts, they literally wear the skin.

Inventor
    I would use a raincoat with rotting flesh on it instead.