View Poll Results: Alpha 17

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A17 will be released when the bugs are fixed

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • Feature Freeze -> Hitler Video ->

    0 0%
  • Madmole gameplay -> Spider Meme ->

    0 0%
  • A17-E Release Candidate ->

    0 0%
  • Stream Event -> A17-E Released

    0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • DEV DIARY 1ST PAGE UPDATED: Oct 15

    0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
Page 1177 of 2410 FirstFirst ... 1776771077112711671175117611771178117911871227127716772177 ... LastLast
Results 17,641 to 17,655 of 36139

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

  1. #17641
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,897
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    from a story point you are correct. now. play a horde night. do you notice any of the zombies attacking the animals? I dont. they usually kill them, but not on horde night. they tend to ignore other ai and go for players. as I have stated; we don't know the interaction between these ai's yet, as nothing has been stated on it.

    so, I asked faatal, who isn't aka sills, how is this being handled?
    Yes they do attack animals. Unless they are a wolf or normal bear. Then it's the zombies get attacked.

    I have never seen an animal on hoard night and I have played plenty of hoard nights.

    But go ahead and ask faatal
    Last edited by sillls; 05-16-2018 at 01:58 AM.

  2. #17642
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    If I'm interpreting you correctly.....


    For those who felt I was trying to stifle conversation, I sincerely apologize. Discuss to your hearts content AND be assured that TFP is aware of the points you've brought up either because A) they are obvious, B) the work isn't finished, or C) thanks to your feedback

    (Pick whichever scenario brings you the most joy.)
    I would like to add this game needs more zombies.

  3. #17643
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    12,446
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NoamChomsky View Post
    For those that deeply care about making hobson's choices over poop and bones they can keep the inventory size small.
    For poop and bones it’s more like Sophie’s choice....

    And if THAT doesn’t help you see that I was being facetious and poking fun at the whole debate by making such a ridiculous statement in my original post I’m happy to go back and tint the text purple for you.

    I’m all for options.

  4. #17644
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    18,342
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Yes they do attack animals. Unless they are a wolf or normal bear. Then it's the zombies get attacked.

    I have never seen an animal on hoard night and I have played plenty of hoard nights.

    But go ahead and ask faatal
    They would ignore them if they were there anyway, because they're in feral mode on horde nights. aka, GPS mode.

    /not faatal since 1971

  5. #17645
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Somewhere in Random Gen
    Posts
    618
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    You could let the students use calculators every now and again, the abacus was a good invention in its day but 5318008 just isn't the same with beads.

    :-)
    That's true, but teaching with an abacus intimidates the administration so they avoid Roland and leave him alone.

  6. #17646
    Fun Pimps Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    from a story point you are correct. now. play a horde night. do you notice any of the zombies attacking the animals? I dont. they usually kill them, but not on horde night. they tend to ignore other ai and go for players. as I have stated; we don't know the interaction between these ai's yet, as nothing has been stated on it.

    so, I asked faatal, who isn't aka sills, how is this being handled?
    I don't know yet, since I have not looked at that. When I do, I can discuss it, but many other tasks are higher priority.

  7. #17647
    Fun Pimps Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    2
    Wow, all my ramblings in one place.

  8. #17648
    Colony Founder wolfbain5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,031
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    They would ignore them if they were there anyway, because they're in feral mode on horde nights. aka, GPS mode.

    /not faatal since 1971
    was my assessment as well

    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I don't know yet, since I have not looked at that. When I do, I can discuss it, but many other tasks are higher priority.
    nod. yes boss
    Last edited by wolfbain5; 05-16-2018 at 03:34 AM.

  9. #17649
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,897
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Wow, all my ramblings in one place.
    Yes scary, very scary.

  10. #17650
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    12,446
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Wow, all my ramblings in one place.
    It took a legendary steel shovel with several mods attached to make the pile as deep as I did...

    ;-)

  11. #17651
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,897
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    It took a legendary steel shovel with several mods attached to make the pile as deep as I did...

    ;-)
    Oh so you were really trying to bury them? Nice!

  12. #17652
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,236
    Rep Power
    1
    So... behavior trees... with several behavior options to choose from at any given moment it would not be a bad idea to use a behavior tree. Have they been implemented and, if so, what type? Will the modders be able to build their own from a bit of xml trickery and boilerplate code?

  13. #17653
    Leader Aldranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in a universe near you.
    Posts
    5,436
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Yes.

    If there were multiple penalty types in each grid location, zombies could even use different weighting combinations, so they would have varied behavior, like weaker ones place a stronger value to block health, while higher damaging zombies don't care to go around as much. More data in the grid will use more memory, but should be fine.

    There it is.


    I obviously didn't read that carefully! This will make every zombie type not only unique and interesting, but the players targeting choices will require some thought if they make an asymmetrical base.

    Edit: So the only smart way to focus all your turrets on one side IMHO (I could be wrong), is to build into the side of a mountain at ground level, like some NORAD thing.

    It could be interesting!
    Last edited by Aldranon; 05-16-2018 at 05:12 AM.

  14. #17654
    Refugee corvette81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    This might be seen as a rant so just be aware :P

    I must confess I am worried about this update, I mean A16 vastly improved how I enjoyed the game in a positive way however I was disappointed by how many things didn't make the cut that were showcased in the previews and A17 is in dangerous territory for a repeat, the showing off the gyrocopter, jeep and other smaller things that aren't being fully implemented(or implemented at all). I mean I almost think that Joel or someone needs to put up a video explaining the current state of the alpha 17, maybe even hold off on adding of the jeep until passengers and upgrades/customization can be added leave that for 17.2 or something(assuming 17.1 will be mostly bug fixes). I don't wanna be a downer but transparency is key when making a game in early access imho.

    Also I hope that the power system gets a relook in the future adding in garage doors that open on a button(or sensor) and even a electrical conduit that is a solid piece so we can clean up the messy wires etc(or just give us the ziplines :P ). The current system seems like its lacking a little polish, its a fantastic addition though don't get me wrong.

    I dunno I love the game and it has great potential I just hope a17 isn't flashy features and not fleshed out features.

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ some people won't agree, maybe some people will but eitherway felt I needed to say something.

  15. #17655
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    12,446
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by corvette81 View Post
    This might be seen as a rant so just be aware :P

    I must confess I am worried about this update, I mean A16 vastly improved how I enjoyed the game in a positive way however I was disappointed by how many things didn't make the cut that were showcased in the previews and A17 is in dangerous territory for a repeat, the showing off the gyrocopter, jeep and other smaller things that aren't being fully implemented(or implemented at all). I mean I almost think that Joel or someone needs to put up a video explaining the current state of the alpha 17, maybe even hold off on adding of the jeep until passengers and upgrades/customization can be added leave that for 17.2 or something(assuming 17.1 will be mostly bug fixes). I don't wanna be a downer but transparency is key when making a game in early access imho.

    Also I hope that the power system gets a relook in the future adding in garage doors that open on a button(or sensor) and even a electrical conduit that is a solid piece so we can clean up the messy wires etc(or just give us the ziplines :P ). The current system seems like its lacking a little polish, its a fantastic addition though don't get me wrong.

    I dunno I love the game and it has great potential I just hope a17 isn't flashy features and not fleshed out features.

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ some people won't agree, maybe some people will but eitherway felt I needed to say something.
    Mostly everything on the first page and shown in the videos is in. You have to remember that the pimps add things by iterations so electricity is definitely lacking polish because what was implemented was the first iteration. The jeep will be added for sure but as a first version it won't support passengers-- but that will be added in later. No reason to not implement jeeps at all just because they know they won't have time to get all the issues with passengers figured out by A17 release.

    Gyrocopter was shown but then decided to be held back as the pedal bike, motorcycle, and jeep were good enough for A17.

    The devs talk about "shippable" features more than they have in the past. There are still "good enough" features being added as a first version but there are others that they are getting into their final gold release quality forms. The devs do not consider the current state of electricity to be in final shippable form so there will be more work done on that whether A17 or A18 is unclear.

    I think A17 will have some good meaty substance that will be fun for new players and veterans alike.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •