Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newly Updated

0 0%
  • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

0 0%
Page 1806 of 3418 FirstFirst ... 80613061706175617961804180518061807180818161856190623062806 ... LastLast
Results 27,076 to 27,090 of 51266

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I place a new bedroll on bloodmoons and then back at my base afterwords. Sounds like that could have issues with what you describe. The whole design could use some analysis and there could be bugs in the existing code.
    That would be great Faatal….would add to the immersion of securing a bldg./house I thought awhile back, madmole had said that was how it was supposed to be...bedroll stopped the spawning of Zs….I would hope for this to be looked at....A lot of people support the idea of that "safe zone" …...but most just find it annoying that Zs spawn inside a secured area. 20x20x20 or 15x15x15... is I think about the general size of a house/small building POI, that you could safely secure at the beginning of the game with limited resources. I would expect you to be able to stop spawns in a high rise, school, etc by placing a bedroll.

Thanks

Ouch
    Last edited by Ouch Quit It; 08-22-2018 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixshade35 View Post
    Hey Roland, Please tell me those flashlights from the screenshot are buy-able/craftable and placeable, they would make the apocolyptic feeling be awesome and not just in someones home, im hoping.
    Everytime I see such requests I'm asking myself why not every block in the cm was available to regular players to begin with. (Through crafting or trading I mean) Especially during the no paint days, but even now with so many cool blocks still locked away from normal gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bifferd View Post
    Okay so who here thinks we will get A17 experimental released on Aug 31 for streamers for maximum viewing since people will be off in the USA for the holiday and a release to players on Sept 3.
    I have a feeling they're actually going to avoid the holiday for a release... seeing the release will mean extra work with the first big bugs being discovered, would mean work on the holidays. Pretty sure even TFP may want to have the day off

Quote Originally Posted by Comino View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

O.O how can i change the macbook pro video card?
    Macbook pro Will probably be fine

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    What do you mean...Spider zombies wont climb anymore??

What about the trellis and vines for charecters?
    I think he meant no change in the animation. Or, he meant you can't climb.

Survivor
    I know we would like to improve water block behavior, but no changes for A17.

What did change for A17, is the rendering of water, so it looks better, but acts the same.
    Thank you.

Not really 7DtD-related since 7DtD is a native game with Linux support already, but for gamers looking to switch from Windows or Mac to Linux, it's now easier!

Valve has released beta Steam Play allowing gamers to switch away from Windows to the free and open source Linux OS but continue playing their Windows games. In their announcement (which has garnered a massive amount of commentary about it thus far), they mention that Vulkan support is one of the best ways to make sure there is no performance impact (as seen in example Windows games like DOOM (German, just posted a few minutes ago) running via Steam Play). D3D11/12 games have very little performance impact, though, that I've seen. This is of course in addition to the thousands of native titles we already have.

Q: What is the performance like?

A performance difference is to be expected for games where graphics API translation is required, but there is no fundamental reason for a Vulkan title to run any slower.
    Either way, this will allow a lot more gamers to ditch that annoying spyware OS and transition to Linux. My only concern is official support. From the FAQ:

Q: I'm a developer; my game got whitelisted in Steam Play; does this mean I have to support an additional platform?

No; if a game was whitelisted as a result of our testing, we've assessed the experience to be identical (save for an expected moderate performance impact). Users playing through Steam Play experiencing Linux-specific issues should be directed to Steam for support. Keep in mind users were most likely already playing your game using Wine; you just have better visibility into it now.
    If Valve whitelists a game and ensures that it's bug-free, great! If not, or if it has bugs, of course there will be negative reviews and irate gamers.

Wine, DXVK, etc are all open source, so this will lead to more games being released (as "Wine bottles") on GOG and elsewhere as well with official support that you can put your money behind. All that matters is official support for when gamers pay money. Otherwise, you can still enable Steam Play for all your unsupported Windows titles for Steam Play and play them with potentially flawless functionality, or bugs, before Valve gets around to whitelisting them.
    Last edited by Swiftpaw; 08-22-2018 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menace312 View Post
    Not against the rules...
    Hey! I dont make the rules.

Roland does... Coincidence? You dicide
    I don't blame anyone

Thank you @Roland and @faatal for answers !
    Last edited by beerfly; 08-22-2018 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    What do you mean...Spider zombies wont climb anymore??

What about the trellis and vines for charecters?
    I'm pretty sure he just means spiders' special ability to climb up walls. I've tested trellises and ladders (not vines though...) and have been able to climb them. Faatal spent some time making it so zombies could climb a ladder with the bottom rung broken off so I'm pretty sure zombies can climb ladders too. Zombies climbing trellises....? dunno.

I'm almost certain he just means the special spider ability.

Wouldn't it be cool if for A18 he upgraded the spiders to be able to move in all directions on vertical surfaces and even move on the ceiling? How terrifying would that be? You'd have to add upside down log spikes to the outer lips of your roof tops to soften them up as they climbed up and around them to come at you.

Flip over to your A18 todo list, faatal, and add that for some freaky scary awesomeness!!! Please and Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    What? He still has big letters and I moved his link advertising his blog to a signature style area to demonstrate to him how it could be done. Where was Madmole's link to a diapers website?

People are all kinds of sensitive towards advertising so we listen to complaints of spam and advertising when we get them and err on the side of getting rid of the advertising. My first thought was to just delete it or move it to off-topic but then I read Menace's quote and thought it might be nicer to let him keep his post but change it to a signature so he could see that ANYTIME he posts he can leave a signature style link to his blog.

That's just one of my many shades...
    25 shades of nice....
    you donīt want to see the other 25 ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftpaw View Post
    *Snip*
    So you're saying that 2019 has a chance of being the "Year of Linux"?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if for A18 he upgraded the spiders to be able to move in all directions on vertical surfaces and even move on the ceiling? How terrifying would that be? You'd have to add upside down log spikes to the outer lips of your roof tops to soften them up as they climbed up and around them to come at you.
    Yes please @fataal add to a18

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    Mega Powered armor, CONFIRMED for A17!!!

*** At Al's Marine and Beer Hall, if someone touches your beer (or anything) you are allowed to say: "Get away from her, you BITCH!"

I don't think there will be climbing in A17.
    Hmmmm, I think I will put a lip on all my forts anyway, yeaaah. One of my few combat deaths was from just that sort of thing.

I die a lot from excavation mishaps and I don't treat that as a big loss, but death in combat I remember, so POI's will be scary as hell for me and I will not go in any large ones until I have metal armor, a SMG and a spiked-flaming club!

***Fixed Spelling punctuation. (except for "yeaaah", as its more funny)
    Last edited by Aldranon; 08-22-2018 at 04:31 AM.

well when a17 comes out, I will see about a spanish translation fairly quickly. shouldn't be that hard.

edit for wording the quests...
    Last edited by wolfbain5; 08-22-2018 at 04:29 AM.

Just a thought.. I forgot. Do Spider Zombies change their orientation depending on the wall they climb? If I remember correctly, they still remain flat (horizontal) it'd be a nice little touch that they change to a vertical position when climbing a vertical wall, and invert themselves, upside down when they climb on a ceiling, if possible.