View Poll Results: Viewing Images

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A17.1 is Experimental so you must opt in.

0 0%
  • 1) Right Click on 7 Days to Die in your game library

0 0%
  • 2) Select Properties

0 0%
  • 3) Click on the Betas tab

0 0%
  • 4) Click on the drop down menu

0 0%
  • 5) Select latest_experimental

0 0%
Page 3247 of 3283 FirstFirst ... 22472747314731973237324532463247324832493257 ... LastLast
Results 48,691 to 48,705 of 49245

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by agrastiOs View Post
    My goodness. Now that's some overreaction. Calm down, please.

It isn't that huge of an issue, and it definitely doesn't remove the survival aspect. Many people will have a better playing experience (I wasn't too annoyed with stamina), and you will still be able to up the settings to increase the difficulty of the game. It's super elitist that you're talking like you're the Chosen One who knows how this game must work.
    How did you get that? There was nothing in that post that even suggested that. He went out of his way to state that he agrees that there is no wrong play style and unfortunately the majority of player don't seem to enjoy his favorite. Was it the Mindcraft references? Because those weren't over the top and are only negative if you think Minecraft is childish or something. He never said that. Reading posts on here he is pretty close in my opinion. Every attempt to make the game harder is immediately met by post after post complaining about "how hard it is now" or "It takes too long to get to the point of building." It's a survival game and if people can't make their own forge within an hour they yell about the game being broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedo View Post
    Turns out that I agree with serious SnowDog as well. Who knew?
    I kinda agree as well....Playing for quite some time now and feel a "Game Style" option should be included on game creation. I know we already have difficulty settings, but something more straight forward. And these options would be way different experiences then each other.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    You have to suicide to fix that, sorry.
    Ahh gotcha. Thank you for letting me know, just happy it's not game-breaking and I can keep my save. Having fun playing A17! I've enjoyed that it's become more challenging. I might put together a post of our groups thoughts if that would be helpful. I'd try to be as constructive as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    I am sure he means your avatar !!!!!!!
    I hope so! haha

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Snollygoster View Post
    Hey, so I just logged into our game and my characters water won't go up? I drank 9 bottles and the water % won't improve but it does go down and I got dehydrated but drinking doesn't shift it. I basically can't play because it kills me and I can't drink. Is that a known bug? any way of fixing it? I saw there was a mini-patch maybe something was changed?
    There's a small thread under General Discussion about this as well. I had it but it did correct itself over time without dying. I posted a video of it over there https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ina-alpha-17-1

Ok I still stand by my claim that the game is whacked. I just did some base testing and I would say you need to be about level 100 before you can even attempt to build this with any chance of survival in game. With the handcuffs the game places on a player the only chance of survival is to team up with other players just to gather and maintain the resources for the build. I tried to build the base as small as possible in order to make it as realistic as a build that could handle horde night at upper levels....20 or 30 radiated coming out you..WITHOUT a single regular zombie.
    It has 3 levels of defense...metal spikes, electric and 4 blade traps..BTW electric is screwed up as you can only attach 3 poles in succession..a 4 breaks the previous wire. So now you cannot enclose the perimeter in electric fencing..only 3 sides, without having a second set of poles.

20190111151942_1.jpg20190111151954_1.jpg20190111152007_1.jpg20190111151935_1.jpg

As far as single players..The game forces you to team up just to harvest and maintain your base.....

This base has no living quarters above yet...but this is the only thing that could withstand a higher level horde...i am level 87 and my friend is level 151 and he was down ready to repair the blade traps through arrow slits if necessary..i spawned 25 radiated big mommas and let them go at it with us in the base.

Regular nights ...i dont even see zombies at all..it used to be challenging to go out at night...now..only on the 7th day Hordes give zombies.

Ouch
    Last edited by Ouch Quit It; 1 Week Ago at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    <snipped for space>
    Most of the complaints from players around here have had little to do with difficulty.

Many have complained about balancing and skill progression being abstracted from your characters actions but I can't remember many people saying "It's too hard to survive!".

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    Most of the complaints from players around here have had little to do with difficulty.

Many have complained about balancing and skill progression being abstracted from your characters actions but I can't remember many people saying "It's too hard to survive!".
    ... he said, directly under a post saying "it's too hard to survive!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Ok I still stand by my claim that the game is whacked. I just did some base testing and I would say you need to be about level 100 before you can even attempt to build this with any chance of survival in game. With the handcuffs the game places on a player the only chance of survival is to team up with other players just to gather and maintain the resources for the build.

As far as single players..The game forces you to team up just to harvest and maintain your base.....
    And yet, somehow, contrary to your perspective, people do it. What a marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    ... he said, directly under a post saying "it's too hard to survive!"
    Which is why I started my reply with the caveat "most" :-)

The zombie damage vs blocks could be toned down a bit but that would be balancing instead of a completely borked system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Ok I still stand by my claim that the game is whacked. [...] 20 or 30 radiated coming out you.. [...]
    I just beat day 91 horde (level 120 something) in a 5x5 concrete bunker with some barbed wire and metal spikes around it and one ground level window so I could blast them with my shotgun as they come for the entrance.
    Normal difficulty, zombie count 12, mind you... and that's above the default settings

Refugee
    I just found out that drinking murky water might work... normal bottled water have "water 0" murky hast "10"

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by crossed View Post
    I just beat day 91 horde (level 120 something) in a 5x5 concrete bunker with some barbed wire and metal spikes around it and one ground level window so I could blast them with my shotgun as they come for the entrance.
    Normal difficulty, zombie count 12, mind you... and that's above the default settings
    Yeah itís actually fine as is. I donít know why people complain about their bases being destroyed.

Make better defenses. Spikes are easy to make.

- - - Updated - - -

When you have options and choose not to use them thatís definitely on YOU.

I mean I understand why people want to be able to defend their base against huge hordes, it's much cooler, I'd like that too.

But I guess for performance reasons the devs balanced the game for lower zombie numbers and if you play with 4-8 times the default numbers than understandably it gets pretty difficult.

At least I assume that is what's happening when people say it's impossible to defend a base anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by crossed View Post
    <snipped for space>
    Part of the problem may be people harvesting zombies for xp without taking time to fortify their base. By the time horde night comes around the zombies are a far higher level than your little fort can handle.

I tend to whack the number of zombies spawned to max but spend more time building a base than looting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post

You know... it's a ordinary cognitive bias. People confronted to something difficult rarely say : I screw up or it's too hard for me. They'd rather say that it's unbalanced or boring, whatever. It's hard to accept you need to progress, it's obviously a difficult decision to lower the difficulty because, well, nobody wants to be that guy. But however it's the better way to progress. I've played with many players (I used to own 2 servers for 3 years). Most of them made so many mistakes, didn't know how to deal with so many issues, that I finally choosed to play against them rather than with ^^.