View Poll Results: Developer Diary for Developers

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newly Updated

    0 0%
  • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

    0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

    0 0%
Page 3399 of 3399 FirstFirst ... 23992899329933493389339733983399
Results 50,971 to 50,984 of 50984

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

  1. #50971
    Colony Founder Gareee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecolours View Post
    Speaking of Trader quests. It would be cool if when you got to the trader for the first time he gave you a quest to another trader nearby. So, you dont have to drive around aimlessly looking for other trader outpost.
    Red eagle has a great modlet that adds a leaflet to mailboxes, and they give you a quest to the nearest trader...once you have a motorcycle and can explore, they are a great addition.

  2. #50972
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Since MM announed the new perk books: am I the only one hoping for the return of the Crack-O-Book skycraper?

  3. #50973
    Inventor PoppaTot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    792
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inmyh3ad View Post
    Since MM announed the new perk books: am I the only one hoping for the return of the Crack-O-Book skycraper?
    Skyscraper is in RWG already, I hope they bring back all the loot boxes and book shelves that used to occupy it lol

  4. #50974
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0
    Oh ok. Never came across any then.

  5. #50975
    Inventor PoppaTot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    792
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inmyh3ad View Post
    Oh ok. Never came across any then.
    A few seeds ago I had 3 of them in very close proximity lol, lack of loot in the building along with no real reason to need a book store at that time made them meh. Sounds like the books will change that though.

  6. #50976
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0
    I've put a lot of hours into A17 so far and couldn't quite put my finger on what fell off about how the game "felt" until now.

    I believe the new hungry /health system is flawed. I've had my hungry levels maxed out and I'm still loosing max stamina. You also add in the death penalty, temperature system, and new encumbrance penalty on top of it and stamina feels harsh. Now add all of that up and try to go do a dungeon in narrow corridors with constant ferals only to be rewarded with a loot room at the end that dosent satisfy for all the work you put in.

    I

  7. #50977
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    The screenshots from MM cheered me right up!

    Yesterday the news came that the company I'm working for will be doing a massive reorganization.. 25% of all staff will be reduced. The location I'm in will go from 280 to 100 people.. Horrible.. So I'm glad for the cheerup with screenshots
    Same situation just happened with our TPM at the place where I work, and I agree with beerfly, look at even the worst case as a good reason to make a life-improving change.

  8. #50978
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    Red eagle has a great modlet that adds a leaflet to mailboxes, and they give you a quest to the nearest trader...once you have a motorcycle and can explore, they are a great addition.
    That actually sounds really cool, if it's not too complicated maybe TFP could include it as part of vanilla. Maybe.

  9. #50979
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Uninstalled a 17, went back to A16. A17 killed the server I was on. Everyone quit playing and went to A16 servers. A17 is just a huge mess. I can live without the 4X4 or motorbike. A16 seems a ton more realistic since you have to build the components then build the bike. Plus you had to find information that told you HOW to build a minibike. This new A17 pretty much removed everything I enjoyed about a16 including looting zombies. Was like Christmas morning after every blood moon. Now zombie loot it so scarce, no one wants to play anymore.

    The old mechanics of hitting harder with higher levels is sorely missed, now all the item level does is increase durability. This last update is a massive step backwards. Most everyone I played with before was so disgusted with it, they just quit. Some went to A16 servers, but the universal constant is no one likes A17 in ANY of it's various forms. Will Fun Pimps listen?? Nope! Too arrogant and stupid to realize they are destroying any chance of anyone buying this steaming pile of doo doo once it leaves it's never ending Alpha state.

  10. #50980
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Above dirt
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreepr View Post
    Uninstalled a 17, went back to A16. A17 killed the server I was on. Everyone quit playing and went to A16 servers. A17 is just a huge mess. I can live without the 4X4 or motorbike. A16 seems a ton more realistic since you have to build the components then build the bike. Plus you had to find information that told you HOW to build a minibike. This new A17 pretty much removed everything I enjoyed about a16 including looting zombies. Was like Christmas morning after every blood moon. Now zombie loot it so scarce, no one wants to play anymore.

    The old mechanics of hitting harder with higher levels is sorely missed, now all the item level does is increase durability. This last update is a massive step backwards. Most everyone I played with before was so disgusted with it, they just quit. Some went to A16 servers, but the universal constant is no one likes A17 in ANY of it's various forms. Will Fun Pimps listen?? Nope! Too arrogant and stupid to realize they are destroying any chance of anyone buying this steaming pile of doo doo once it leaves it's never ending Alpha state.
    Quite the opposite here on all counts. I like the less zombie loot, the new health system, the new stamina system and perks.

  11. #50981
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreepr View Post
    ... Will Fun Pimps listen?? Nope! Too arrogant and stupid to realize they are destroying any chance of anyone buying this steaming pile of doo doo once it leaves it's never ending Alpha state.
    Well, i see how you are playing the game. Do you enjoy playing or is it already labour ?
    Spoiler: 

    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-and-materials
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreepr View Post
    I farmed 42,000 coal and Nitrate powder. Popped it in the chem station to make gunpowder, click the max button and set it to crafting gunpowder. A couple of minutes later, I checked my gun powder process and discovered that once I closed the Chem station interface, production was halted, queue was cancelled and all resources were lost. Out of 42,000 coal and Nitrate powder, I got 56 gun powder. I tried it again, with 37,000 and again, queue was cancelled, and mats lost once I closed the interface. Same thing with 35,000, lost everything. It appears that if you exceed 32,767 crafted items in a single production unit queue slot, closing the interface causes the queue to crash and delete all resources.

    This is very easy to duplicate, just try crafting 35,000 of anything, close the interface and the queue crashes and all resources are lost. Appears to be using signed Short variables. Not like you can have negative resources. This is impossible to duplicate in a forge since you are limited to 30,000 of all resources. This is NOT so using the chem station since the resources are subtracted from your inventory. Just need to add a check to see if the max exceeds 30,000 and if it does, put a hard cap that no more than 30K items can be crafted in a single queue slot. Either that or have people getting choked over losing massive amounts of resources.

    Tried crushing 42,000 stone to sand and they too vanished. So it is not just the Chem Station. It also crashed when I tried to crush 36,000 stone to sand. 6 X 6000 is what the output UI on a cement mixer can support. Would appear the data type of your storage variables needs to be set at least to an unsigned short which would effectively double storage and queue limits. Better yet, change them to integers which would take your crafting queues and item storage to a little over 2 billion. There is no way that this issue would appear then. Characters do not have enough slots to even come close to crafting 2 billion of anything. Even if it's a worry about negative numbers causing errors, best solution, INT over UShort.


    Maybe with some more nice words you get more attention. Iam sorry you got no response in your bug thread.
    Being arrogant yourself will not get us or TFP or the game any further at all.
    Last edited by Sam_Neill; 1 Hour Ago at 11:19 PM.

  12. #50982
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fragtzack View Post
    Quite the opposite here on all counts. I like the less zombie loot, the new health system, the new stamina system and perks.
    Yeah i like it too mate. Some players just want everything from the get go. They dont wanna scrimp and scrounge like we should have to in a survival game.

  13. #50983
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    320
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro666ie View Post
    Yeah i like it too mate. Some players just want everything from the get go. They dont wanna scrimp and scrounge like we should have to in a survival game.
    Uh, quite the opposite actually. In A17 now everything is virtually handed to you on a silver platter except for one or two things like beakers. You can now craft virtually anything (Which will change in the upcoming updates...Thankfully). There is no longer reliance on RNG which indeed made it more survival like in the past.

    There are so many things that could have been cool like for example finding a broken down car in the wild and having an ability to fix it and then use it. this makes far more sense than "Making" one. Of course cars are very common to see in the game, so to balance this, you would rarely find a working car that did not require you to fix it. This would give you two paths to get a car - Either fix a broken car (Plenty of those going around) OR win the RNG lotto and find one that still works. The latter would give a sense of reward for exploring. The former would be a fall-back option if RNG screwed you and you couldn't locate a working one. Fixing a car would effectively cost the same materials as "crafting" one does currently.
    Last edited by Cirion; 53 Minutes Ago at 11:55 PM.

  14. #50984
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaTot View Post
    A few seeds ago I had 3 of them in very close proximity lol, lack of loot in the building along with no real reason to need a book store at that time made them meh. Sounds like the books will change that though.
    Did you notice that there are two room now with wall to wall bookshelfs? AFAIK they weren't there in previous incarnactions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •