Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newly Updated

0 0%
  • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

0 0%
Page 1383 of 3418 FirstFirst ... 3838831283133313731381138213831384138513931433148318832383 ... LastLast
Results 20,731 to 20,745 of 51266

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Platima View Post
    Hey @Kinyajuu

I have a stutter issue, that is also affecting some other people I've found online. I used to be a developer, and have tinkered in Unity, but am a professional system and network engineer these days, so tried EVERYTHING I could think of to resolve it. I have a document nearly two pages long of my attempts that I can send you if you want. Long story short, it appears to only affect the hosting server in 16.4 multiplayer game, and 60fps drops to 45fps every ~15 seconds or so. Not constantly though. The best I can assume is that it's either the GC that you mentioned, or DX9.

Confirmed not OS, GPU, SSD, WAN/LAN lage, CPU, IO contention, etc. Let me know if you want me to PM you the deets.

Oh and sorry if you reply/comment and I miss it - I'm terrible at forums.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
    -KP

PS: Nexus183 (Brother, another 7D2D player, and amateur Unity dev) really really wants you to add some level of bump mapping on textures, and I personally am just so damned happy to see Vulkan support.
    Has an FX series processor. Claims to have never had problems on any games ever. That's a BOLD lie there. His problem is the processor, your problem is. This is a Voxel based game, go play Minecraft, even that game will have frame drops on most beefy PCs. This game needs a lot of power to run smoothly 100% of the time, and I'm 99% sure most computers don't have the proper power to do so, even if the code was "flawless" which we know is impossible. In the future maybe, now? No.
    Last edited by Snowydeath; 06-23-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowydeath View Post
    Has an FX series processor. Claims to have never had problems on any games ever. That's a BOLD lie there. His problem is the processor, your problem is. This is a Voxel based game, go play Minecraft, even that game will have frame drops on most beefy PCs. This game needs a lot of power to run smoothly 100% of the time, and I'm 99% sure most computers don't have the proper power to do so, even if the code was "flawless" which we know is impossible. In the future maybe, now? No.
    I went from an FX-8350 to an i7-7800X and the improvement in minecraft's performance with 155 mods loaded is ridiculous.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by cevkiv View Post
    I went from an FX-8350 to an i7-7800X and the improvement in minecraft's performance with 155 mods loaded is ridiculous.
    I went from a i7-3930K to a i7-7820X and the improvement in performance on Voxel games was epic.
    The Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD helped tremendously too.

Refugee
    I went from an I-ninerFUBAR5000 to an Ididn'tTouchItBR549 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Potato boxes unite!

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Boy View Post
    I went from an I-ninerFUBAR5000 to an Ididn'tTouchItBR549 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Potato boxes unite!
    My 'tater does OK, and it's an old dual core.
    Where it struggles most is with laying out ground features when doing long miles on the minibike.
    For a work in progress the stutters are generally negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    My 'tater does OK, and it's an old dual core.
    Where it struggles most is with laying out ground features when doing long miles on the minibike.
    For a work in progress the stutters are generally negligible.
    This is gonna be fixed with the new preloaded RWG. And comparing different hardware on an not optimized game is usefull , but not a final gameplay experience. The game is not yet optimized, but we see a good results recently, so a better times are in our ways.
    Last edited by beerfly; 06-23-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Arizona - just beyond the radiation zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    gah! go choke on a toothpick! ban on all chuck norris jokes. even he says he is too old now. make in memory of chuck norris jokes.

Like Zeds just think of a chuck norris movie and fall over dead.
    Just getting caught up on the thread... Sorry @wolfbain5, I can't help myself...

Chuck Norris' tears could cure the zombie apocalypse. Too bad he never cries.

Behind Chuck Norris' beard is a fully loaded gun turret.

If Chuck Norris doesn't want to deal with horde night, he just round-house kicks the blood moon and the sun instantly rises.

Chuck Norris wears MadMole PJs to bed... Superman wears Chuck Norris PJs.

On the 7th day when God rested, Chuck Norris turned the moon red and yelled Atack!!

Ok, I am satisfied and I do not apologize for it.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowydeath View Post
    Hey @Snowydeath - not sure where you got those deets from. Maybe quoted the wrong post? Never said I've had no problems, and I've got an i7 K series. This appears to be a coding issue as it does not affect me or others that have the same issue if you join a server, only if you host it. Perf mon on the CPU and GPU never shows it going above ~60% for a single core. Thanks for the input though.

-KP

Edit: Oooh wait I get you - you're referring to @Kinyajuu. Derp (hungover).
    Last edited by Platima; 06-24-2018 at 03:13 AM.

Arizona - just beyond the radiation zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrmisfit View Post
    Valmod expansion is a solid choice for same playstyle with some added features, overhaul valmod is a great way to experience a new game entirely without needing 16gigs of ram to do so
    Thank you for the tip. Valmod is awesome and definitely giving me a different experience with the same feel. I haven't played this much 7DTD in months.

+1 for TFP catering to mods as a way to enhance the game and allow all of the great minds out there to come up with their own vision of what this game should be. Doing so caters to so many different tastes and players... and unlike most AAA game makers out there, TFP has the confidence and gonads to realize they need to let go a bit to allow others to make the game better for EVERYONE. Different strokes for different folks and planning the game around that is one of the smartest things TFP is doing outside of creating a phenomial "vanilla" game to build on

-1 for all of those who think TFP is using "someone could mod it in" as an excuse to be lazy or lacking in the creation department... I think it is innovative to create a solid platform and allow modders to enhance the base game to appeal to different players.

/off soapbox

To zipline or not to zipline... Let a modder do it and then everyone gets to decide.

Chuck Norris doesn't make games. Games make themselves to appease him.

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. That out of the way, I'm wondering the exact same thing others are wondering about the diggers. Will they target player placed or player manipulated blocks first? Because if so that rules out a very effective strategy I've seen used, being the kill trenches. Iron bars or scrap plates placed above a 1x2 trench where you shoot up at the zombies or other players from below. It might also cause problems with people building recessed gardens or solar farms.

Quote Originally Posted by Platima View Post
    Hey @Snowydeath - not sure where you got those deets from. Maybe quoted the wrong post? Never said I've had no problems, and I've got an i7 K series. This appears to be a coding issue as it does not affect me or others that have the same issue if you join a server, only if you host it. Perf mon on the CPU and GPU never shows it going above ~60% for a single core. Thanks for the input though.

-KP

Edit: Oooh wait I get you - you're referring to @Kinyajuu. Derp (hungover).
    Yeah, I coulda made that more obvious. Also, I didn't know you were talking about servers either! That makes sense and I retract my past statement, but I will mention that hosting a server with Minecraft on the same PC (Depending on specs) can result In similar issues (Only mention it cause it's the only other voxel game I play lol. Once Beta phase is initiated I bet multicore performance will go through the roof and many of us will no longer has issues. Oh God I look forward to the future haha.

Quote Originally Posted by VulpesHilarianu View Post
    I'm wondering the exact same thing others are wondering about the diggers. Will they target player placed or player manipulated blocks first? Because if so that rules out a very effective strategy I've seen used, being the kill trenches. Iron bars or scrap plates placed above a 1x2 trench where you shoot up at the zombies or other players from below. It might also cause problems with people building recessed gardens or solar farms.
    hmmm... people will get their answers when they start "testing" when experimental drops.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by VulpesHilarianu View Post
    Chuck Norris doesn't make games. Games make themselves to appease him.

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. That out of the way, I'm wondering the exact same thing others are wondering about the diggers. Will they target player placed or player manipulated blocks first? Because if so that rules out a very effective strategy I've seen used, being the kill trenches. Iron bars or scrap plates placed above a 1x2 trench where you shoot up at the zombies or other players from below. It might also cause problems with people building recessed gardens or solar farms.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. When dealing with a new threat you look at it and just change your strategy. You adapt to it, just like a survivalist would do.

Who knows... You might find that it will be easier to deal with them now than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post
    Excuse me? Not a lie, even if you believe it to be one.

The truth doesn't have to be accepted by you for it to be true, it's true because it is.

And, pet peeve, don't call me a liar.
    Madmole should take you and faatal and smush you guys together ala Reeses peanut butter cups....out of the chaos would be born...

faatal Kinyajuu....

no one would doubt either of you I bet.

Let it be so....

(patent pending)

Does it really need to be said how dated making Chuck Norris Jokes makes you look? Woof.