• Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

0 0%
Page 2 of 3418 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I heard a rumor that there would be a new Blood Moon Adjuster profession with perks in assessing base damage costs, spike replacement costs, and turret ammo reimbursement allocations. As long as you take comprehensive screenshots of your base before horde night you could wind up with a nice amount of dukes to spend a few days after horde night-- or you could end up with nothing due to a bureaucratic technicality.

I think Guppy is consulting on this....
    From upon his throne...

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Hi Guys, I just wanted open up discussion of Alpha 17. Sorry we have been tight lipped about it, but I wanted to try something different this time where we talk about finished or work in progress features rather than stuff we simply planned. This leads to less frustration because usually once something is started we finish it, where its easy to plan a bunch of stuff and have it slip through the cracks, which is disappointing for all of us.

I will say we're ramping up the team, we've hired two new senior programmers, a concept artist, an environment artist, a designer, and we have about 5 new full time world builders. I'll begin showing stuff on youtube real soon. I have two keyboards hooked up at the same time now so I can annoy people if I want, or use the quiet keyboard if I want
    Bow Dropper! Your back.

Good to see you all are ramping it up.
    Two keyboards? Are you working twice as fast?

Please use the annoying keyboard. I love that. lol

But seriously. Looking forward to seeing what's coming up next.

Water, n optimization, glad to hear rgmixer has dedicated team. Would love to see Slaanhattan work in 17. Other wise you guz have took alot of my time with modding and servermanagement, this is like crack to some of us. Might have to open a support group for 7D2D addicts. Bought like 7 copies to pass arounf to friend and families, my have to start with friendamies next.

Refugee
    Really glad to hear you guys have recruited more staff to work on the game!

Quote Originally Posted by pattyboy27 View Post
    Really glad to hear you guys have recruited more staff to work on the game!
    I preety sure it became bigger than they thought it would, more of a passion project that turned in to a full blown (after Alpha) game, but in a good way.

last post on A16 talk
    I would like it if the higher gamestage zombies just hit harder but not a zillion hit points. Also something I'd like to see is a possibilty to get "dismounted" off you bike when you hit something or something hits you. Bring back the damage you can do with the bike but add a risk of getting knocked off and stunned. Just way too safe on the bike

I'm pretty curious about this environment artist. Does that mean he just does environment concepts, or will he be dedicated to improvements for the in game weather systems, or improve terrain blending, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Anabella View Post
    Praying that larger backpacks are a thing in a17.
    Check out the new SMX mod, 72 slots! Games4Kickz has a couple videos showing it off.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by Horst View Post
    Hey MM,
    can we get an option for choosing weather in A17? good, mixed, bad - or good and mixed?
    Hear, hear! I have to fit my exploring in between more urgent tasks, such as looting for stuff I need, mining and base building. So it is annoying AS HELL when I go out just to explore, and all I can see is the boulder right in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    Looking forward to Airships and trainable Zombie bears so I can assault the New World Order's HQ of Doom!
    Need bear parachutes, though, so you can have drop bears. Airborne!

5 reasons why Airships will be the only practical way to travel the world.

1) With all the radiation zones (our little map is surrounded by one) long distance travel would become tedious and not fun in a ground vehical.

2) The speed of an Airship would help keep rendering at a manageable level. For long distant travel (one map to another) a small chartroom where a player can travel long distances quickly.

3) The huge cost of actually making an airship would put it at very late game (unless you kill "The Duke" for his) and that is when a player would want new content.

4) The New World Order (The ones who created the Zombie Apocolypse) need to be found and many maps need to be explored for clues to the NWO HQ and their legions of genetically enhanced super humans.

5) My Zombie Bear Paratroopers are ready!
    Last edited by Aldranon; 09-19-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    5 reason why Airships will be the only practical way to travel the world.

1) With all the radiation zones (our little map is surrounded by one) long distance travel would become tedious and not fun in a ground vehical.

2) The speed of an Airship would help keep rendering at a manageable level. For long distant travel (one map to another) a small chartroom where a player can travel long distances quickly.

3) The huge cost of actually making an airship would put it at very late game (unless you kill "The Duke" for his) and that is when a player would want new content.

4) The New World Order (The ones who created the Zombie Apocolypse) need to be found and many maps need to be explored for clues to the NWO HQ.

5) My Zombie Bear Paratroopers are ready!

But for impractical travel, while the mini bike is fine and all, we MUST get riding mowers. Faster than most zombies? no. Faster than crawlers (or as we call them, speed bumps)? yes. And SO much better for clearing the undergrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by mpking View Post
    But for impractical travel, while the mini bike is fine and all, we MUST get riding mowers. Faster than most zombies? no. Faster than crawlers (or as we call them, speed bumps)? yes. And SO much better for clearing the undergrowth.
    Can I use the collected grass from the mowers hopper? Because god knows, a lack of plant fiber can spell doom for a players plans!
    Last edited by Aldranon; 09-19-2017 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysfang View Post
    last post on A16 talk
    I would like it if the higher gamestage zombies just hit harder but not a zillion hit points. Also something I'd like to see is a possibilty to get "dismounted" off you bike when you hit something or something hits you. Bring back the damage you can do with the bike but add a risk of getting knocked off and stunned. Just way too safe on the bike
    oh HELL NO, not this EVER. I've played too many games where this is a thing, I will uninstall 7dtd and delete it from my steam account if this ever happens, I accept taking damage but never ever, never ever, ever getting knocked off again.
    Last edited by Death2gnomes; 09-19-2017 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Hi Guys, I just wanted open up discussion of Alpha 17. Sorry we have been tight lipped about it, but I wanted to try something different this time where we talk about finished or work in progress features rather than stuff we simply planned. This leads to less frustration because usually once something is started we finish it, where its easy to plan a bunch of stuff and have it slip through the cracks, which is disappointing for all of us.

I will say we're ramping up the team, we've hired two new senior programmers, a concept artist, an environment artist, a designer, and we have about 5 new full time world builders. I'll begin showing stuff on youtube real soon. I have two keyboards hooked up at the same time now so I can annoy people if I want, or use the quiet keyboard if I want