• Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

0 0%
Page 3 of 3418 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Colony Founder
    Yey, A17 talks

1. Please fix the seed length on the map previewer so that it is the same length as the game seed is allowed. Right now it is vastly shorter than max game seed name length.

2. Add in a color legend so users know what the terrain colors stand for.

Red Eagle's mod has a great example of both fixes.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/251570...2768623855760/

Refugee

Lightbulb Tv Screen

It will be great in the next alpha if you can use the tv item as a monitor to check your cameras and turrent and with a perk or something to the tv, you can move them. well maybe someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Death2gnomes View Post
    oh HELL NO, not this EVER. I've played too many games where this is a thing, I will uninstall 7dtd and delete it from my steam account if this ever happens, I accept taking damage but never ever, never ever, ever getting knocked off again.
    Knocked off...AGAIN?

Pray, tell us the story of that time you got knocked off your minibike the first time and it emotionally scarred you so horribly that you would not only uninstall 7dtd but also delete it from your Steam account. Why are you so against such a thing?

Doesn't sound so bad to me...

And then--- what if someone else threatens they will uninstall and delete the game from their Steam account if TFP doesn't implement minibike dislodgement? How ever will the Pimps cope if they're damned if they do and damned if they don't?
    Last edited by Roland; 09-19-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuxer View Post
    It will be great in the next alpha if you can use the tv item as a monitor to check your cameras and turrent and with a perk or something to the tv, you can move them. well maybe someday.
    Or implement the ability to watch youtube vids on them so when those long crafting nights are taking their toll stick on a YT video in game to watch!

I will not install a second copy of 7d2d on my computer unless it does!

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Death2gnomes View Post
    oh HELL NO, not this EVER. I've played too many games where this is a thing, I will uninstall 7dtd and delete it from my steam account if this ever happens, I accept taking damage but never ever, never ever, ever getting knocked off again.
    Dear johns and game deletion threats, next there be refund demands.

I thought it be different on PC...

No just kidding.

Geting knocked off your minibike doesnt seem bad penalty to me but how easy is it too implement teleporting a character on defined mesh collision is another question.

Well , getting knocked off your minibike is a much better fate then getting knocked up on your minibike...

Nomad
    I have so many ideas for this games future and so many concerns about what is in game now.

I will give a few examples that will tie into current works in progress and upcoming features previously talked about.
    Mainly AI improvements, before you start on them. With a few End game twists to certain upcoming things I think might be cool to have.

1. spider zombies- I believe they should be able to run sideways on walls and ceilings and transfer from one to the other and the ground without harming themselves in the process. It would make this 1 enemy a much more viable threat then currently.

2. I would love to see Blood moon hordes work much much differently. Here is what I would like to see if the count is set to 16 lets say.
    Then every hour 16 more will show up from 22:00 until 3:00 or 5:00 whatever your setting are regardless if the first are killed or not.
    All the way up to the max amount of zeds aloud on screen whatever the end optimized result may be.
    Right now I think you said 64 so great if I do not kill zeds then when 64 is reached they should only replenish to the max until morning.

3. Perhaps start off with a nuclear explosion with a mushroom cloud and the ground shaking blinding light etc. when you first log in perhaps a power plant at 0,0 and have a huge crater and have it irradiate a rather large area.
    Only with Hazard gear can you enter.

3.A. perhaps having the irradiated feral cops contaminate an area when they explode so that you have to have the gear or take damage as you replace blocks and traps and ground to clean it up.

3.B. this is just a thought maybe a bit over kill but you could have the radiation spread over time from 0,0 exploded area.
    Making for an end game concept of either leaving the map and journeying to another or just freedom or if you want to stay as long as possible you would have to dig to bedrock to prevent it spreading to where you set-up.

Okay I am going to stop here and let people read and comment or not
    but I have about 50 more things mainly issues with current things in game.
    I'll check back later and give ya a few more.
    but I figure this will give ya all a bit to chew on for awhile.

I'm pretty sure radiation suits will have better uses soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Serious Question MM

Do you plan a 16.4 (so far you see it now)
    Agree, could you please make the A16.3 more stable and playable for potatoes Pc like mine. this way we could wait for this A17 !

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfoxx117 View Post
    What about a gyrocopter... is that still a thing?
    Mad Max 3 or Far Cry ?

Quote Originally Posted by CrionLord View Post
    Two questions I am curious about:

1. Are there any plans to fix silent enemies? I am all for a challenge but a horde of five silent dogs or wolves/direwolves coming up behind you is pretty much instadeath and pointless from a gameplay standpoint.
    I do not see any problem with silent Z in this game, do you want them to send you a SMS before attacking on your personnal smartphone ? Trick: use the console to see how many budies Z are around you !

Quote Originally Posted by GAME ZARUS View Post
    Mad Max 3 or Far Cry ?
    Nah it's a legit question it was mentioned here by a dev but i totally understand if its been delayed or even dropped due to technical limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by spacepiggio View Post
    Can we be able to turn off the Blood Moon?, & have a Wandering Horde option instead.
    I like the old game play with the Zed Ai & Wandering Hordes instead of stressing out on a constant "Gotta rebuild the Base", "Gotta rebuild the Base", "Gotta rebuild the Base". I want my activity to determine when a Horde comes, sound, smell, sight, heat & not the game clock, remember?
    This is not a thread about some games you can choose when you will have a horde comming ! They are some (I donc give names). This way what do you tjink about rename this game "the SimZ" ?

About your base you better ask yourself some questions: did I make it good at the very first time, did I choose the right place, material ? Ask to the Three Little Pigs !