• Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

0 0%
Page 59 of 3418 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061691091595591059 ... LastLast

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    New vehicle system is coming along!

Shawn has been working hard on a new vehicle system! All new real physics, no falling through the world, feels so natural now!

Yes the old stuff is gone, RIP. New physics are great, feels like GTA.

Hopefully [bikes can be painted] at some point. Its very easy to mod in other colors.
    so to peddle this we have to spam alternate left and right arrow keys to make it move?

Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post
    Funny. Vehicles is something that I'm not looking towards. I mean, I'll take it gladly, but I was ok with the bike -- then again, mine never fell through the world.

I'd like something to do at higher levels, while I work on bigger bases. Looting isn't fun because the loot is useless, and there just isn't enough (or interesting enough) challenges.

But, most of all, I'd like improved zombie AI. The breadcrumb system looks interesting, but the fact is that I'll take anything that makes the zombies more challenging outside increasing their damage, their hp or their number.
    from a gamer stand point, mindless zombies can only get a little better. these are after all Romero type with a few oddities added in. the difficult from this point will be the raiders and bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by graphite View Post
    What is that a mine sweeper ? please no if we have that for a counter for wasteland mines what the hell are they going to introduce to counter the minesweeper?
    that is in the game already. the rocket launcher at the driver's windows

Quote Originally Posted by Death2gnomes View Post
    so to peddle this we have to spam alternate left and right arrow keys to make it move?
    Or you can attach an engine to it and you have a Moped!

Ahh the times I had in Hawaii buzzing around on my moped, entertaining the tourist chicks in Waikiki! When I got my car, my two fellow Marines and I had a nice scam going. We would go out and look for two or three tourist girls in a bar. Eventually we would blurt out and proclaim one of us as a virgin! The "Virgin" would protest in an embarrassed way and then magic would happen! It was beautiful.

So I said all that to say bikes are fun!

Now that I remembered...
    THAT is not far from THIS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Death2gnomes View Post
    The ultimate in minibike storage and bedroll portability

Attachment 22738
    Cant say my crystal ball is broken now!!!
    Last edited by Death2gnomes; 10-06-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Hey MM, Gazz can we get a 7.62 ap or an exp round added to the game? something found, not made. Mostly to help out with those damned bullet sponges. I mean we have ways of loading alternate ammo and we have access to military bases. Just a thought.

edit: Not liking the way irradiated feral zeds have been handled. 32 head shots? seriously bad.
    Last edited by wolfbain5; 10-06-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    from a gamer stand point, mindless zombies can only get a little better. these are after all Romero type with a few oddities added in. the difficult from this point will be the raiders and bandits.
    Yes i suppose there is a limit to actual intelligence of the zombie but there is still room for refinement and also task and pathing scripting on different block types and also how the zombies pathing behavior behaves when in groups or different types of zombies could be explored.
    You mention Romero type zombie , do you remember Bub from dawn of the dead ? there was a thread in dreams about factions and mentioned zombies being trained or regaining abilities i am not sure about the idea or really thought about it just thought i would mention it.

Shawn has been working hard on a new vehicle system! All new real physics, no falling through the world, feels so natural now!

Hopefully [bikes can be painted] at some point. Its very easy to mod in other colors.
    THIS IS GREAT NEWS

And you now its hard to make me excited

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    Or you can attach an engine to it and you have a Moped!

Ahh the times I had in Hawaii buzzing around on my moped, entertaining the tourist chicks in Waikiki! When I got my car, my two fellow Marines and I had a nice scam going. We would go out and look for two or three tourist girls in a bar. Eventually we would blurt out and proclaim one of us as a virgin! The "Virgin" would protest in an embarrassed way and then magic would happen! It was beautiful.

So I said all that to say bikes are fun!
    with 15 bars within 2 feet of any gate there and STDs even closer...

Colony Founder
    It's barely in so the hud will be appropriate when its more polished. Cars? No. Cars would get stuck and be useless with the conditions of the roads. Big armored 4x4 off road vehicle? Yes.
    So what your suggesting is that while your not planning cars. You are planning to put in 4x4's? Is that it?

Yes please, nice come back Madmole. This would be a very welcomed addition and provides for many possibilities , although I never really had any reliability issues with Minibike in single player. Okay it didn't exactly look cutting edge, but it was certainly functional for sure. Will be interesting to see how you cope going up hill, does it improve your stamina and give you legs over time like Schwarzenegger.

I,m very interested in the possibilities for the bandits/ai players, this would add endless fun!

Okay, would be cool to see any of the following also:

Pet taming
    NPC to assist with base protection and maintenance.
    Water enhancements, boats, physics, fishing, crop irrigation.
    Caves
    Behemoth
    Zip lines

The hype train is on the go. Keep up the good work. Its much appreciated.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    So what your suggesting is that while your not planning cars. You are planning to put in 4x4's? Is that it?
    Looks to me like that, but ... not just any 4x4 but a BIG ARMORED 4x4. So much can happen here. Strange everybody goes nuts over a bicycle and ignore this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombuild View Post
    Looks to me like that, but ... not just any 4x4 but a BIG ARMORED 4x4. So much can happen here. Strange everybody goes nuts over a bicycle and ignore this.
    Because bicycle IS in, 4x4 will maybe in.
    And the real part that cheer me is that they start to fix the whole vehicle system.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombuild View Post
    perhaps cause the bike is pictured in game, while we wait to get excited til they show progress on the 4x4. after all, it is just a different type of automobile from a car and cars are out?

Quote Originally Posted by Unicumdeluxe View Post
    Because bicycle IS in, 4x4 will maybe in.
    And the real part that cheer me is that they start to fix the whole vehicle system.
    physics rework. means some si changes, possibly water changes? possible corrections that might fix mem leaks?

Hunter
    It's barely in so the hud will be appropriate when its more polished. Cars? No. Cars would get stuck and be useless with the conditions of the roads. Big armored 4x4 off road vehicle? Yes.
    You had better just behave yourself with teases like that.

You will have half the community in a psych ward by the end of this thread.

...If theres any truth in your statement that would ♥♥♥♥ing amazing O.O"