Thread: 23 People offline at 0,0

Scavenger

23 People offline at 0,0

Anyone know for sure what this is or what causes it? I'm pretty sure that it's people that are in a chunk when it's had problems for one reason or another, but I'm not sure. Most of them have no name. Some do.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Well, first the harsh reality.
    You're almost triple the number of people that is supported there.
    Anything over 20 has a strong tendency to cause issues.
    8 is the max supported. Period.
    So if you're over 8, and have issues, you can guess why that might be.

Now, if you want to post a server log that would help. Client logs may help as well.

Also, going to move this to the support forum, since General Discussion is not support.

it's 23 offline Sylen , only 8 online

It's probably first-time joiners that don't wait long enough or get an error and don't join, so they are set to default pos of 0,0,0 since they never hit the getSpawnPoint code. The lack of names would also support this guess

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post

It's probably first-time joiners that don't wait long enough or get an error and don't join, so they are set to default pos of 0,0,0 since they never hit the getSpawnPoint code. The lack of names would also support this guess
    Makes sense. I'd bet that most people would find a number of offline players at 0,0 if they looked on their map.

Sylen, I know it isn't designed to support more than 8. I've heard that here for years. Harsh reality is that most people want to play on servers with more than 8 people. TFP are more interested in their 'vision' than what players want. A road many games have taken to the same end. Hopefully they see the light and realize what people want. It's an incredible game with a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post

I noticed one on a server just today. I think it may have been where I got on there on my brother in laws computer a little while before and got off again within the first few minutes. (As I didn't see his character anywhere when I checked offline players).
    The one thing I was curious about SARTAN's pic is the configuration of the players....I see an X-Files mod is used

Hunter
    I'm sure its common thing that present on all multiplayer servers, and StompyNZ explanation looks legit. I'm checked my latest played servers, and same there - http://213.202.230.76:8082/static/index.html , https://maps.letskautsch.de/apokalyp...tic/index.html .
    P.S. SylenThunder never trust servers with more then 8 slots
    Last edited by ColdGate; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:34 PM.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Oh I trust them. I usually run 10 players on each of my servers though, because we always had issues with 20. I just run more servers now.

Also, it was a long day. I read the title as "Online" not "Offline". Stompy's explanation is likely the most accurate.

Interesting... I have seen this too and wondered... They are indeed missing there names, so more fuel for Stompy's theory