Thread: A16 AI: much worse than on 15 - taking all the fun out of it

Refugee

A16 AI: much worse than on 15 - taking all the fun out of it

The AI von Zombie are very bad esp. on houses with A16. I know I read somethere AI is a major Point for A17, but still would be nice to see some minor adjustments in A16.

Im playing on a random gen map and zombie in houses running away from me, hitting the wall oposite from me or trying to trash the Wall on piece of from a door - even zombie should be that stupid.

I also saw Zombie on a steep wall just standing there an pounding at the wall instead of climbing up/down.

worst thing:

Zombie jumps down from first floor and runs up the stairway .. and on and on and on.

Seems like a lot of times they get stuck in some kind of Loop.

Not sure bt I think the pathfinding in door might need a look at.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBelgarion View Post
    The AI von Zombie are very bad esp. on houses with A16. I know I read somethere AI is a major Point for A17, but still would be nice to see some minor adjustments in A16.

Im playing on a random gen map and zombie in houses running away from me, hitting the wall oposite from me or trying to trash the Wall on piece of from a door - even zombie should be that stupid.

I also saw Zombie on a steep wall just standing there an pounding at the wall instead of climbing up/down.

worst thing:

Zombie jumps down from first floor and runs up the stairway .. and on and on and on.

Seems like a lot of times they get stuck in some kind of Loop.

Not sure bt I think the pathfinding in door might need a look at.
    A lot of the AI issue are related to the removal of the smell mechanic in A16. It will be back in A17 along with some AI reworks I would guess.

From what I hear the AI is still mostly the same code as was used in A1.

I doubt they will do anything to tweak the current system given it is being entirely replaced