Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Only Hosting Service Custom-Built for 7D2D - 2-Day Free Trial

Refugee

Cool The Only Hosting Service Custom-Built for 7D2D - 2-Day Free Trial

We're 7D2DServerHosting, and our service is built from the ground-up for 7 Days to Die. No TCAdmin or other generic control panels, we made a custom web app for configuring and managing your servers.

https://7d2dserverhosting.com

Our custom web app lets you:
    • Automatically deploy your server in minutes.
    • Modify your serverconfig options.
    • Update/restart/reset your server.
    • Make/restore backups.
    • Manage in-game admins.

In addition, we also offer:
    • FTP and Telnet support.
    • As much CPU and RAM as your server needs.

If you encounter any issues with our service, we'll respond to your emails ASAP. 2-day free trial and 7-day money-back guarantee to all new customers, so you've got nothing to lose!

If you need a server outside of North America, Europe, and Australia, just email your preferred country to [email protected] (or leave a post here with your email and country) and we'll do our best to setup a server for you in a suitable location!

We want to make your job as a server admin as easy as possible, so our web app is under constant development. Please post any features that you would like to see!

Screenshot of our control panel:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 7D2DServerHosting; 12-20-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Refugee
    We've just added a 7-hour free trial for our service! No credit card required for the trial.
    Last edited by 7D2DServerHosting; 10-13-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Refugee
    Because a couple customers had problems setting up their server, we've extended the trial length from 7 to 48 hours. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to use their server before buying, and this gives us more time to fix any issues that might come up.

Refugee
    New feature added! Add and remove in-game admins from our control panel.

Tracker
    I tried this out. First off the server seems to run well. Having said that there are issues.

When I edit the items.xml the changes save but the when I go to play I find the changes were not made or permanent. Once in game and tabbed out I find the original file via ftp.

Second, EAC is forced on. No matter what the check box is marked with it always forces EAC on.

I seem to have admin power after setting this up but looking for the file /.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/serveradmin.xml I do not see it nor can I find / see the correct server xml. The only one I find is /steamcmd/7D2D and it is the default that comes with the original install.

Can you provide further information regarding these issues?

Also, I don't see and option for version switching between stable and experimental. I also don't find a save folder either.
    Last edited by BB_Drifter; 10-14-2017 at 04:14 AM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Drifter View Post
    I tried this out. First off the server seems to run well. Having said that there are issues.

When I edit the items.xml the changes save but the when I go to play I find the changes were not made or permanent. Once in game and tabbed out I find the original file via ftp.

Second, EAC is forced on. No matter what the check box is marked with it always forces EAC on.

I seem to have admin power after setting this up but looking for the file /.local/share/7DaysToDie/Saves/serveradmin.xml I do not see it nor can I find / see the correct server xml. The only one I find is /steamcmd/7D2D and it is the default that comes with the original install.

Can you provide further information regarding these issues?

Also, I don't see and option for version switching between stable and experimental. I also don't find a save folder either.

Thanks for your feedback. The .local directory is a hidden directory, so you need to make sure your FTP client is showing hidden files. In Filezilla, this option is Server -> Force Showing Hidden Files. Once you're in .local, you should be able to navigate to /share/7DaysToDie/Saves, which also has the serveradmin.xml.

If you're looking for the serverconfig.xml file, we don't expose that file via FTP since we don't want users to be able to modify the max player count and the ports. So these configurations should be handled in our control panel. But it's strange that you aren't able to turn off EAC. I just tried turning it off for one of my servers and I no longer saw the EAC message in the game loading screen. Did you save the config and restart the server afterwards?

Regarding the items.xml, my best guess is that you saved the items.xml file locally but didn't reupload it back to the server. Can you check the file via FTP before you connect to the game to make sure your changes are there? Also note that if you're already connected to the game before you made the changes to the file, you need to quit and connect again.

We're in the process of adding a switch between stable and experimental. Should be live within the next week.
    Last edited by 7D2DServerHosting; 10-14-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by 7D2DServerHosting View Post
    Thanks for your feedback. The .local directory is a hidden directory, so you need to make sure your FTP client is showing hidden files. In Filezilla, this option is Server -> Force Showing Hidden Files. Once you're in .local, you should be able to navigate to /share/7DaysToDie/Saves, which also has the serveradmin.xml.

If you're looking for the serverconfig.xml file, we don't expose that file via FTP since we don't want users to be able to modify the max player count and the ports. So these configurations should be handled in our control panel. But it's strange that you aren't able to turn off EAC. I just tried turning it off for one of my servers and I no longer saw the EAC message in the game loading screen. Did you save the config and restart the server afterwards?

Regarding the items.xml, my best guess is that you saved the items.xml file locally but didn't reupload it back to the server. Can you check the file via FTP before you connect to the game to make sure your changes are there? Also note that if you're already connected to the game before you made the changes to the file, you need to quit and connect again.

We're in the process of adding a switch between stable and experimental. Should be live within the next week.

Thank you for the explanations. Seems to be working fine now. I loaded up a significant amount of entities, far more than likely encountered in a typical game, and things seemed to run fine. I did get some serious fps loss but I have a mid line system so that was likely on my end. The reason some of my changes did not stay is I was using the incorrect button selection in the CP thereby updating the server instead of just restarting it. Thanks for the test use. The only other suggestion would be for CP and account access to be https:/ which maybe you have planned in the future.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Drifter View Post
    Thank you for the explanations. Seems to be working fine now. I loaded up a significant amount of entities, far more than likely encountered in a typical game, and things seemed to run fine. I did get some serious fps loss but I have a mid line system so that was likely on my end. The reason some of my changes did not stay is I was using the incorrect button selection in the CP thereby updating the server instead of just restarting it. Thanks for the test use. The only other suggestion would be for CP and account access to be https:/ which maybe you have planned in the future.
    Good to hear! We'll put another set of save/save and restart buttons near the top of the control panel so that it's harder for new users to miss. Https is also a good idea, was something we overlooked initially but will fix soon.

EDIT: Site is now using Https! And also those above mentioned buttons added.
    Last edited by 7D2DServerHosting; 10-17-2017 at 01:01 AM.

Refugee
    Backup and restore feature just added to our control panel!

Refugee
    Minor update today. A couple customers requested to increase their players slots, so we added this feature to our website. You can now add/remove slots from the billing page.

Refugee
    We've added the option to install different versions of the server. You can now install the experimental build to your server, or install old alpha versions if you wish.

Refugee
    Happy to announce that we now offer servers in Europe!!

Refugee
    We put up a FAQ page to answer some common questions we get in emails.

Refugee
    After having to perform the tedious task of moving servers between North America and Europe for several customers, we decided to add a new feature to our control panel which automates the process. You can now click a button to transfer your server between continents!

Tracker
    Any plan to add servers in the upside down country? I mean Australia :P