Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16.4 Experimental B2 Bug Report Thread

Alpha 16.4 Experimental B2 Bug Report Thread

*Special Note: The Fun Pimp was out of town this weekend and could not post the new thread. So we copied the post from the Alpha 16.3 Experimental thread and replaced all the information with the new information for Alpha 16.4. Please disregard the date this post shows. The true date of release of this experimental Thread is Sunday October 1, 2017. There is no conspiracy. The skies are not falling. Everything is okay.

Hey Survivalist,
    We’ve just released Alpha 16.4 Experimental B2 and could really use your help finding the last remaining big issues. As always TFP is interested in all constructive criticism and feedback, but what we're really looking for in this thread are the following:

Show stopping game play bugs (Hopefully with reproduction steps)
    Crashes (Try and get reproduction steps and post your output_log.txt files - usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt - directly in your forum post. Note: You will find all output_logs time stamped there, even from old games. You can also attach your zipped up crash dump file too.)
    Chunk Generation Bugs. People please give us the coordinates of where they were in the world when they run into a chunk generation error plus the game seed. Copy and pasting the error alone and the output log is not sufficient to help with a fix.

Additionally, you can post balance and feedback in the current Dev diary.
    We don’t want incompatibility bugs with previous builds so please remember to start a new game with each experimental update.

Here's how to opt in and play the latest experimental branch.

Open your steam client.
    1. Click on Games/View Games Library
    2. Right click ‘7 Days to Die’ and select properties
    3. From the new popup dialogue box select the ‘BETAS’ Tab
    4. Under ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ latest_experimental

The game will then update and download the latest experimental build Alpha 16.4 Experimental

Switching back to the latest main stable build is as easy as repeating steps 1-4 and on step 4 choose the option ‘None – Opt out of all Beta Programs’ and you’ll revert to the latest stable build.

Cheers Richard

A16.4

Changes:
    Reduced walk weapons sway and bow sway
    Forge input now has a timer indicating how long until the current item is finished smelting
    Players now trigger sleeper volumes from further away to avoid spawning seen by the player

Fixes:
    Sleepers spawning in front of players as they are breaking into building
    Grass is getting snow cover inside buildings
    Snowpack shadow regression
    Solar cells won't show on trader refresh.
    Red Mesa elevator shaft stability fix and other improvements.
    Turrets play double sounds for clients
    Roads generating as Clay, Dirt, Gravel and Sand
    Land Claim does not prevent placement of minibike chassis.
    SI Exploit for Rock Prefab
    Zombies don't seem to be attacking animals
    Dupe method "destroying container"
    Duping with 2 people using containers
    KeyNotFoundException for sleeper volumes
    Crawlers have difficulties attacking the player

Known Issues

Onscreen keyboard is only available if you start the game from Steam’s Big Picture Mode
    Smell is not working with the new stealth we will revisit it in a17
    GlobalUV support inhibits anisotropic filtering and it has to be calculated in the shader.
    Farming of crops other than yucca and hops affects performance
    Precipitation and cold temp going through windows, glass blocks, doors, and hatches
    Excessive use of trigger plates may cause servers to lag during hordes.
    Gore block dupe
    Sleepers may respawn incorrectly if the volume was left before all zombies were killed

Bug reporting form

Please use this form to report bugs, Testers will then respond, if the form is not used we will assume you are just chatting to each other

Summary: (short description of bug)
    Version:
    Platform: (PC or Mac)
    OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac
    Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No)
    Did you start a new save? (Yes/No)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No)

Bug Description:

Reproduce steps:
    Seed name=
    Co ords=

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

[Attach bug screenshot and output log if any]
    Pastebin how to video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTJMIJ1XnQ
    Pastebin link , https://pastebin.com/7wLyjkTT

To take a screen shot use the f12 button , that saves it to you steam folder

your output log files are in C /steamLibrary/steamapps/common/7Daystodie/7daystodiedata/ you will find a list of ol logs, the last one being the most recent.

also when taking a screen shot you can use the debug info, go into dm mode ( Type dm in the console ) Type dm to turn it off again
    Press F3, that will bring up the debug overlay, you will need to press f3 twice to close it.
    If you use the f3 feature no need for cords in the screen shot as they are in that info.
    Last edited by Roland; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:22 AM.

QA Lead
    Is now live on latest_experimental.

Have fun everyone!

Tried it with old save but can't get into my Forges!
    Will start over!!

Could you send me this save file? PM me a download link. Thanks!
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:13 PM.

Community Moderator Red Eagle LXIX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    SI Exploit for Rock Prefab
    I am happy to report this also fixed: Sandstone Arch, Cave/Bunker Surrounding Stone, etc which were related and able to be used in the same way.

may seem like a little thing but it sure does mean a lot and a whole lot better to deal with now.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post

may seem like a little thing but it sure does mean a lot and a whole lot better to deal with now.
    It is a lot better now, it distract you from what you are aiming at!!
    TFP i trust......

Zeds spawning in POI I took over and used as my base with Land Claim block

*Newest Build* 16.4 B2

After day 7 (beginning of day 8) I have Sleepers spawning INSIDE my base. It's a POI I took over. I have my land claim block down. The thing is there is literally no way for them to get inside without spawning directly in the POI. I have made my base in a way you have to leap over several barriers and land on a ladder to get in. This must be a bug. I would think the land claim block would remove any Sleeper spawn points within its area of influence regardless of being in a RWG POI.

Your bedroll is what keeps the sleepers from spawning. Putting down another bed will deactivate the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post

I get 3d motion sick/head aches with games with huge headbob myself. I couldn't play Destiny because of it, or even WATCH someone play the PT demo. This is a small thing for people that aren't affected by it, but a huge advancement in game playability for the people that are.
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:15 PM.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by warmer View Post
    *Newest Build* 16.4 B2

After day 7 (beginning of day 8) I have Sleepers spawning INSIDE my base. It's a POI I took over. I have my land claim block down. The thing is there is literally no way for them to get inside without spawning directly in the POI. I have made my base in a way you have to leap over several barriers and land on a ladder to get in. This must be a bug. I would think the land claim block would remove any Sleeper spawn points within its area of influence regardless of being in a RWG POI.

I get 3d motion sick/head aches with games with huge headbob myself. I couldn't play Destiny because of it, or even WATCH someone play the PT demo. This is a small thing for people that aren't affected by it, but a huge advancement in game playability for the people that are.
    The land claim block does not stop spawning. A sleeping bag does.

Banned
    The game will then update and download the latest experimental build Alpha 16.2 Experimental

TYPO, 16.2 Experimental

I need some SP Achievements so I will check it out in Steam & wait for Stable for my server.

Fixed the typo -- Roland
    Last edited by Roland; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:39 AM.

Refugee
    FYI, I just updated my dedicated windows server which is set to NOT use experimental and it received the 16.4 version.

Update command I use:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\steamcmd\7_days_to_die_server +app_update 294420

Community Moderator Red Eagle LXIX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoozy View Post
    FYI, I just updated my dedicated windows server which is set to NOT use experimental and it received the 16.4 version.

Update command I use:
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir C:\steamcmd\7_days_to_die_server +app_update 294420
    Might want to recheck if your server is set to latest_experimental or not. Then again with Valve stranger things have happened.
    SteamDB shows no changes for the public branch in about a month.
    https://steamdb.info/app/294420/depots/

Banned
    Looks nice from what I see, plays smoother, lots of various animals, first town I see in the desert from the outskirts is impressive but ominous at the same time, in other words scary as always with a bowl of Dooms Day on the side.

Banned
    Do you use a Client? I left Gameservers because they kept screwing up the XP & Stable links, in other words they reversed the iinks source, Stable was X & X was Stable.

Scavenger
    Can you please make it so the error console doesn't take focus when it pops up?

I think we need to focus on why the errors pop up in the first place.
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:19 PM.

Survivor bob the big blob of goo's Avatar

GUI - menu items not having proper focus for tooltips

Summary: GUI - Mouse pointer tips in game configuration menu do not recognize either z layer or focus. It shows tips for the items below the currently focused drop down menu item.
    Version: 16.4 b2
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10 64-bit
    Game mode: mp host

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new save? Was in the middle of doing just that
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No

Bug Description: When selecting an item in any drop down list while setting up a new game the tooltip to the right shows the tips for the drop down list directly below the mouse position instead of the currently selected and opened item. As I move down the drop down list to select an item I expect it to either continue to show the tooltip for the drop down that I am setting or for the item in the list that I am hovering over. Instead it shows the tooltip for the drop down control that is underneath the currently expanded drop down list.

Reproduce steps: Expand difficulty settings under standard options to set the difficulty. Move your mouse down the list and as you get over top of daylight lenght, zombies run or persistent profiles look at the tooltip to the right. The tooltip will show the tip for the setting control that you have just moved your mouse over and not the currently expanded Difficulty Settings list you are choosing from.

Seed name= Red Carpet
    Co ords=

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: The wrong tooltip is being displayed

Expected result: I expect it to show the tooltip for the controls whose expanded list my mouse point is within. As if there is context focus for the mouse pointer to the item I am currently setting instead of the underlying form controls.

Menu tooltip not showing correctly.jpg

This is a known issue that will be addressed at a later date. Thanks for the report!
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:27 PM. Reason: screenshot added