Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16.4 Experimental B2 Bug Report Thread

Survivor bob the big blob of goo's Avatar

GUI - scroll bar not auto moving

Summary: When clicking on "Claim Health Offline" to set it I expect the menu item to expand and for it to autoscroll so that I can see the item to set it.

Version: 16.4 b2
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10 64-bit
    Game mode: mp host

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new save? Was doing just that
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No

Bug Description: When setting the Claim Health Online under multiplayer settings the control opens - essentially offscreen and isn't settable without scrolling again. In which case the control closes and then you have to reopen it.

Reproduce steps: Go to multiplayer settings for locally hosted multiplayer game. Scroll to the bottom of the list. Then click on "Claim Health Offline". You will see the scroll bar recalculates, re-positions and the claim health offline control expands. However, the claim health offline control expands essentially out of the control box and is clipped. You then have to scroll down and then reopen the control to be able to set it.

Seed name= Red Carpet
    Co ords=

Actual result: When at the bottom of the scroll list for multiplayer options the Claim Health Offline option does not scroll into view when you expand it. Instead the scroll bar recalculates and changes position and the drop down opens out of view.

Expected result: I expect the scroll bar to recalculate and then automatically move so the hidden expanded control comes into view and I can set it. Instead, I have to scroll and then reselect the control to set it.

Before selecting:
    Menu 1.jpg

After selecting:
    Menu 2.jpg

After scrolling down and re-selecting the control to set it:
    Menu 3.jpg

This is a known issue that will be addressed at a later date. Thanks for the report!
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:28 PM.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by warmer View Post
    *Newest Build* 16.4 B2

After day 7 (beginning of day 8) I have Sleepers spawning INSIDE my base. It's a POI I took over. I have my land claim block down. The thing is there is literally no way for them to get inside without spawning directly in the POI. I have made my base in a way you have to leap over several barriers and land on a ladder to get in. This must be a bug. I would think the land claim block would remove any Sleeper spawn points within its area of influence regardless of being in a RWG POI.
    Land Claim blocks do not affect sleeper spawning.

The ONLY thing that prevents sleeper spawning is the ACTIVE bedroll. That means that if you put a bedroll, and later put another bedroll elsewhere, the place with the first bedroll will spawn sleepers again.

Colony Founder
    uhm, is this supposed to be this way, day 1 and I got GS 302?

20171001232610_1.jpg20171001232614_1.jpg

not asked as a bug, could be intentional, asking for confirmation, if it isn't supposed to be gs302 at this time, then I will submit a bug report.
    Last edited by wolfbain5; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:56 AM.

Survivor
    Summary: first person view camera shake ( a stutter or shake or jitter or wiggle or skip ) hard to find correct word to explain
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode, sp and all game modes

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new save? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no

Bug Description: while running with sprint active and jumping the camera will shake or skip, so i think what is happening while you sprint the sway is happening to item in hand but when you jump while running forward sprinting item in hand stops swaying and the camera will shake or sway or skip for split second

Reproduce steps: hold item in hand bow or club ( dont think it matters what item is held ) with full stamina run forward sprinting jumping again and again ( continue tapping spacebar while running forward with shift sprint active )

Seed name= any seed

Co ords= any co ords

Actual result: the camera will shake or sway or skip while running forward sprinting and repeated jumping ( hard to find correct word to explain, it is a distortion in smooth camera view )

Expected result: the first person view ( camera view ) should stay smooth and not skip or shake when jumping with sprint active

This has been an issue for a long time, but a new ticket has been submitted. Thanks!
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:11 PM.

Colony Founder
    thing to add to patch notes. smelting timer in forge is a nice addition

It's there. --Roland

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    Forge input now has a timer indicating how long until the current item is finished smelting
    edit: how the hell did I miss that
    Last edited by wolfbain5; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:55 AM.

Refugee
    Summary: respawning seconds after leaving a room, sometimes respawns while still in the room after fully clearing it.
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode, SP

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new save? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no

Significant respawning behavior, after clearing a room in a POI, leaving and going back into it (no more than several seconds, it's fully respawned), also noticed it respawning (after clearing a room) before I even exit a room. I am finding that actually clearing a single POI is an effort in futility. Tried it with saved game and new one, same behavior.

Duplicate report, but duly noted. Thanks!
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:32 PM.

Survivor
    Summary: Massive stuttering when solar panels are on.
    Platform: PC on Linux Dedicated server
    OS/Version: Win10/Ubuntu 16.04
    Game mode client on dedi

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) No
    Did you start a new save? (Yes/No) No
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) No
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) Yes, I modded yucca and treedeadshrub to have no movement/rocket collision.

Bug Description: Massive stuttering when solar panels are turned on. Stutter seems to hold for 2 seconds or more.

Investigating. Thanks for the report!

Edit: Thanks! It has come to my attention that it may only happen when you dont have enough wattage for the connected load.

Edit: Confirmed. Stutter only happens during the day -when solar bank is in use- and when the bank is on and is outputing less wattage than what is needed to power the connected load. I connected 1 single light and the stutter went away.
    Last edited by Zilla; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:43 AM.

Zombie Hunter
    Two items - one regarding this thread, the other regarding a forge bug.

This thread: Post #1 shows as originating 4 weeks ago, but A16.4 b2 was released 11 hours ago.

Forge bug: I like the new smelting timers, but there's a glitch when the counter on the items being smelted reaches 1. The final item will sit there for quite a while before finally being consumed by the forge.
    For example, scrap lead is consumed at a rate of about 2 scrap per second. But once the final piece of scrap is left it will sit there in the forge for about 15 seconds before being consumed.
    And yes, I deleted everything, including registry entries and maps and profiles, and started a new game.
    Formal report format below:

Bug reporting form

Please use this form to report bugs, Testers will then respond, if the form is not used we will assume you are just chatting to each other

Summary: The final item being smelted in the forge will take significantly longer to be consumed
    Version: A16.4 b2
    Platform: (PC or Mac): PC
    OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac: Win7 64 bit
    Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi: SP, Navezgane

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) Yes
    Did you start a new save? (Yes/No) Yes
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) No
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) No

Bug Description: The last item in the stack being consumed in the forge will linger longer before being consumed.

Reproduce steps: Use forge and observe consumption of materials. A quickly consu,ed item like lead scrap will readily show the issue
    Seed name= irrelevant
    Co ords= irrelevant

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring) As above

Expected result: (what you expect to occur) Final item should be consumed at the same pace as all the items that preceeded it, freeing up the input slot(s) without any further delay.

Reported. Thanks!
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:36 PM.

The date of the OP is irrelevant. We copied an earlier post of Richard's and updated it with all the new information because he is out of town this weekend and could not post the new thread himself. The update happened earlier today and the date of the OP is four weeks ago. So what? Its no big deal. Just disregard the date and focus on the information in the OP itself. THAT is what is important.

I made a special note in the OP to this effect so that consternation might cease.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    uhm, is this supposed to be this way, day 1 and I got GS 302?

20171001232610_1.jpg20171001232614_1.jpg

not asked as a bug, could be intentional, asking for confirmation, if it isn't supposed to be gs302 at this time, then I will submit a bug report.
    working as intended (some volumes have gs +300 etc)

Refugee
    Is it recomended to start a new game or is no need for that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkigan View Post
    Is it recomended to start a new game or is no need for that ?
    its always recommended but not demanded!

some people will and some wont.

make sense to start a new RWG, if i see this right there are differences like other Pois.

Means to stay can lead to half cutet pois and other stuff

Banned
    'Richard is out of town.'

And he can't access google? Lmao. All it takes is for someone to CnP some info then for him to move it into a new thread so he doesn't have to type jack himself.

That's some lazy forum management there.

On a positive note though, I must commend the Pimps, albeit very lightly, perhaps with a one handed clap, for reversing the destruction of the original bob sway, and restoring it to playabilty.

It's nice to see that even after bad moves, they are capable of being responsible, and undoing their undoing :P Now about Alpha 17and those functional cars....

xD

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    SI Exploit for Rock Prefab
    What was this exploit ?
    Would be nice to know for the prefabbers before we add it again in