Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16.4 Experimental B2 Bug Report Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SMiThaYe View Post
    Same issue as themirror, game won't get past Initialising....

Summary: Hang in "Initializing World"
    Version: 16.4 b2 exp
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new save? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No

Code:
    2017-10-11T12:48:26 18.115 INF StartAsServer2017-10-11T12:48:27 18.347 INF createWorld: Random Gen, ---seed---, GameModeSurvivalSP
    2017-10-11T12:48:27 18.497 INF Started thread thread_Regenerating
    2017-10-11T12:48:27 18.498 INF Started thread IB
    2017-10-11T12:48:27 18.666 INF World.Load: Random Gen
    ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,System.String].Add (Int32 key, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at SleeperVolume.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at World.ReadSleeperVolumes (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at World.LoadWorld (System.String _sWorldName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at GameManager+GC.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Actual result: Continue existing game, within a second or two the message above appears in red (screenshot attached below) and will hang on that screen. A guess it's related to constant sleeper spawns, didn't have this in previous versions?

Expected result: To continue existing game. I tried starting another seed and that works but continuing existing game is bugged.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/FZdKD30.png

Output Log: https://pastebin.com/HfE3nyLM

Savegame: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7b3ki...---seed---.zip

Great thank you for the info (QA Twigg )
    THIS!!! Thanks for posting! Please fix this.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by francogp View Post
    Summary: Horde SERIOUS slowdown, but my PC is not even at 50%-

Version: 16.3+, 16.4+
    OS/Version: Windows 10 64-bit
    Game mode: dedicated

Bug Description: When the 7 day horde hit, the FPS goes from 50-60 (At high-max settings) to a constant 5-8 FPS. The problem is that my CPU and GPU are not even used.. here's a screenshot during an horde (day 91, 4 people at the server).

Attachment 22975

Reproduce steps: Wait for an horde from day 21+ aprox

Actual result: 5-8 FPS, 40-45% GPU and 30-40% CPU usage.
    Expected result: 30+ FPS, 100% GPU and 100% CPU usage. (Not exactly that values... just an example).

Tested on several different hardware with the same results (other guys at the server), but my particular PC have:
    Windows 10 pro 64 bits. AMD FX-8350 [email protected], motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P, 16Gb ram, AMD Radeon R9 280x, SSD 840 EVO 500Gb. Dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/CfvFtRDw
    Works fine for me. EDIT: The AMD FX-8350 is an EXTREMELY slow CPU, slower than current/previous gen Intel Pentiums or i3s (not hating on AMD, I have a Threadripper 1950x inside my machine). Get a better CPU. 7DTD favors intel chips to begin with. Newer AMD CPUs do much better.

Refugee

logic

Hello!
    This is not bug but i'll write about this.

Summary: no logic in hunting
    Version: 16.3
    OS/Version: Windows 7
    Game mode: sp client
    Did you wipe old saves? yes

So i was write the articles for russian wiki and find strangeness. I have new world and 0 character, i kill all animals in game and dissect it with bone shiv, hunting knife and machete 25 and 600 durability. So i have 6 other tools but i can't understend what tools is the better.
    if i dissect bear with bone shiv 25 durability i will have 11 Hide, 7 meat, 5 fat the same for bone shiv 600 durability.
    if i dissect bear with hunting knife 25 durability i will have 15 Hide, 10 meat, 7 fat the same for bone shiv 600 durability.
    so for 0 character the same 25 durability tools and 600 durability tools? NO!
    if idissect chicken with bone shiv 25 durability i will have 1 meat, 28 feather but with bone shiv 600 durability i will have 2 meat, 38 feather.
    if i dissect chicken with hunting knife 25 durability i will have 3 meat, 46 feather but hunting knife 600 durability i will have 2 meat, 39 feather.
    hm... o for 0 character bone shiv 600 durability like hunting knife 600 durability? and hunting knife 25 durability better than hunting knife 600 durability? WTF?
    if i dissect dire woolf with bone shiv 25 durability i will have 11 Hide, 5 meat, 5 fat but with bone shiv 600 durability i will have 10 Hide, 5 meat, 5 fat.
    if i dissect dire woolf hunting knife 25 durability i will have 18 Hide, 11 meat, 11 fat but with bone shiv 600 durability i will have 22 Hide, 13 meat, 13 fat.
    so 600 durability tools batter than 25 durability tools? but 600 and 25 bone shiv durability its the same?
    where is logic?! the same for machete - no logic in tools.

sorry for my english.

Yea, I don't know if it was Steam or Gameservers but that happened a lot to me the last Alpha, that's why I left them. I would follow the link for Stable & it was X & the X link was X too, 3 updates like that was enough.

Lets get this PIG STABLE, time to Archive A 16 & move on to A 17, no more A16X. Lets move on to A 17.?XP so players can have a long term game. BF1 just updated, The Evil W/I 2 released yesterday, The But Whole releases this Tues so you guys need to move on to A 17 X to compete.

The EWI2 looks scarier than ♥♥♥♥, not as scary as the Stripper though.
    Last edited by spacepiggio; 10-14-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMiThaYe View Post
    Same issue as themirror, game won't get past Initialising....

OS/Version: Windows

Code:
    2017-10-11T12:48:26 18.115 INF StartAsServer2017-10-11T12:48:27 18.347 INF createWorld: Random Gen, ---seed---, GameModeSurvivalSP
    2017-10-11T12:48:27 18.497 INF Started thread thread_Regenerating
    2017-10-11T12:48:27 18.498 INF Started thread IB
    2017-10-11T12:48:27 18.666 INF World.Load: Random Gen
    ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,System.String].Add (Int32 key, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at SleeperVolume.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at World.ReadSleeperVolumes (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at World.LoadWorld (System.String _sWorldName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at GameManager+GC.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Actual result: Continue existing game, within a second or two the message above appears in red (screenshot attached below) and will hang on that screen. A guess it's related to constant sleeper spawns, didn't have this in previous versions?

Expected result: To continue existing game. I tried starting another seed and that works but continuing existing game is bugged.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/FZdKD30.png

Output Log: https://pastebin.com/HfE3nyLM

Savegame: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7b3ki...---seed---.zip

Great thank you for the info (QA Twigg )
    This is now happening to me as well. I keep rolling backups. I was on day 16 or 17. The save from 10 pm on day 14 works. 4 saves after that don't. I thought I had stopped playing for a while in between the 2nd and 3rd save after day 14, but maybe not. (I mention because if I had, 7D2D would have needed to reload the live continuous save I had been using.) I always start with new saves and profiles every update. Am hanging onto all saves in case it would help.

I had not visited any of the constant respawning POI's. Went through Horde Night, resource gathering, a supply pickup, and clearing a nearby street. (of garbage and a wandering horde). Am going to proceed from day 14 and keep backups (and exiting and reloading) to see if I can tell where it might be happening.
    Last edited by Quantum Blue; 10-14-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Zombie Bears

Summary: Zombie bears skin from a distance turns into regular bears
    Version: 16.4 B2
    OS/Version: Windows 7
    Game mode: MP RWG

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Bug Description: Zombie bears appear to be regular bears from a distance.

Reproduce steps:
    Seed name=
    Co ords=

1) Spawn Zombie bears
    2) Watch them walk further away
    3) Skin turns into regular bears and back to zombie if you get close

Actual result: Zombie bears appear to be regular bears until you get close

Expected result: To be able to know the difference regardless of distance

[Attach bug screenshot and output log if any]

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1169350242

This is a known bug that will be addressed in a later update.-Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 10-15-2017 at 09:23 PM.

OS/Version: Windows 10 1703 (Creators)

Did you validate your files? No
    On new upgrade Delete game, and program and data folders (archive saves first)
    Download (new) version, generate new profile and game
    (I also redid this for this testing session.)

themirror posts 164 & 168
    SmiThaYe post 170

Bug Description: Crash while "Initializing World" (TaskMgr to end)
    "ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary."

Reproduce steps: (I have reproduced several times)
    Use included save game and kill one more zed. (#426 for this game)
    While the save starts in a constantly respawning FireDept, you can leave and kill one outside for the error to still occur.
    Tested lots of other things just to make sure, time passing doing nothing, harvesting plants, stone, eating/drinking, cloths changes, etc. Only Zed kill causes. (as far as I can tell.)

Output log (containing error): https://pastebin.com/nR1yaKfq
    Savegame: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zznhss...rash+Saves.zip

I loaded up this savegame and found your spawn location at tp 1599 86 -157 in the output log. This put me in front of Red Mesa. I then found the fire house just up the road. I tried it several times without any errors.

Could you be more specific with the following?

Which zed are you killing? Name? Location? POI? Sleeper or outdoor zed?
    Give me the exact coords you are when the error occurs or close to it. POI?

Thanks for any additional info you can provide!
    -Schwanz9000

Very interesting... In my testing any zed I kill causes the crash. But, here is a tested specifc set of instructions using zipped save.

When I start the player is at 157 S 1600 E - Facing East
    Do a 180 and proceed West to end of road to Fire Dept at 118 S 1437 E (front doorway. this IS a continuously spawning building...)
    Should not be any zombies in front room. Go (Sneak) to the bathroom entry room - straight back.
    Kill a couple zombies with single CLUB whacks to the HEAD. Don't do anything else.
    Completely exit the game.
    Restart game. Continue. Start.
    Crash.

I just reduplicated with the Zipped save 2x.

You are very welcome and thank you! (and I am hoping I have finally done something to help...)

Awesome! I didn't get the "SAME" error,
    but I did get a crash. Thanks for the updated info! I'll pass this along to the devs!
    -Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 10-17-2017 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Crash Update

Quote Originally Posted by betam4x View Post
    Works fine for me. EDIT: The AMD FX-8350 is an EXTREMELY slow CPU, slower than current/previous gen Intel Pentiums or i3s (not hating on AMD, I have a Threadripper 1950x inside my machine). Get a better CPU. 7DTD favors intel chips to begin with. Newer AMD CPUs do much better.
    I'm not complaining about my CPU going up to 100% and slowing down the game, i'm reporting that in the 7 day horde ONLY, the game does NOT USE my CPU (it stay at 30-35% on ALL cores). IF my CPU (or one core) goes up to 100% you might be right.. but this is not the case. Using 35% of my CPU and 40-45% of my GPU, the game runs at 8 FPS (duding horde only), and that's strange (I get 60+ FPS all other days, except inside the pharmaceutical building).
    Last edited by francogp; 10-15-2017 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by betam4x View Post
    I don't think it is EXTREMELY slow, but it's slow.
    I have had similar issue with my old FX-6200 (witch is even slower).
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...911#post689911

I would say the problem is with not really good multi-thread optimization.
    Sometimes one important process takes only one core and old AMD core suffers from it.
    It could looks like this, CPU/GPU/Memory utilization is low still you get 5 FPS.
    I saw, even people with i7 have low FPS sometimes.

I'm sure it works fine with Threadripper

TFPs are working on optimizations, resp. are going to work on them, so I believe it will be better even for old AMD FX CPUs

A player on my server found a new Dupe bug. Reproducible and unrelated to the existing ones.
    Is there a way to report bugs like this privately to not fuel duping until it's fixed?

djk

thanks dj, its confirmed in multiple builds and reported.
    BTW, thanks for the detailed report, it was very easy to repro. (QA-unholyjoe)
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 10-15-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djkrose View Post
    A player on my server found a new Dupe bug. Reproducible and unrelated to the existing ones.
    Is there a way to report bugs like this privately to not fuel duping until it's fixed?

djk
    send it to one of the QA Test team in PM and it will be investigated/confirmed. thank you
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 10-15-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Reconstructionist
    Farming of crops other than yucca and hops affects performance
    Precipitation and cold temp going through windows, glass blocks, doors, and hatches

still cant fix these eh?

Nomad
    2 weeks already for the release looks like devs are strugling with some bugs

Tracker
    Ok, I'm out until they get some of this fixed.

First there was the endless spawning in POIs. This was partly caused by the way I clear buildings. I draw them out of the building so I have room to maneuver. But because of they the game counts deaths it does not count my kills. Now that I know what is happening I can work with it. It still needs to be fixed but I can work with it.

But now I'm getting the stuck on initialization problem. I have to go to task manager to even exit the game. This was not happening before so I'm at a loss. This is one of the few times that the game is in a state such that I simply cannot play.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by ppnl View Post
    Ok, I'm out until they get some of this fixed.

First there was the endless spawning in POIs. This was partly caused by the way I clear buildings. I draw them out of the building so I have room to maneuver. But because of they the game counts deaths it does not count my kills. Now that I know what is happening I can work with it. It still needs to be fixed but I can work with it.

But now I'm getting the stuck on initialization problem. I have to go to task manager to even exit the game. This was not happening before so I'm at a loss. This is one of the few times that the game is in a state such that I simply cannot play.
    You could always go back to the 16.3 B12 stable build and play that instead, it is much more stable and very playable. They will have 16.4 fixed in no time then you can try it again.