Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeper levels vs. player level

Refugee

Sleeper levels vs. player level

I'm level 17 and am getting radioactive cops and wraiths sleepers. Considering my best weapon is a crossbow with iron bolts these sleepers make a building unapproachable. Is there any plan to tie sleeper levels to player levels?

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    You happen to be in the wasteland?

they are tied to your gamestage. Some volumes also have +300 or +500 gs on them, so you get the glowies even sooner

I personally didnt like the radiated showing up as sleepers, certainly not so early, so my modded sleeper spawns are very different to vanilla

Yeah it can happen in some areas. And generally it sucks unless you're kitted out, and sometimes even then.

I like the gamestage addition to sleeper volumes, but getting radiated every time really makes it feel too hard too soon. But that's a matter of tweaking, to get that at a reasonable level.

/V - Guide to Game Difficulty

I think Gazz should revisit the generation of the sleeper groups. Current setup is very similar to the 7day hordes, but sleepers dont need to have such limited sets. In my Bad Co mod I have 100's in each sleeper group and only a new group every 400 or so GS, and it plays quite nicely (you dont get the same 8 zombies until your GS changes like in vanilla)

Deep in the big POIs (like office buildings) you will find the tougher zombies earlier in the game. Not every POI is the same difficulty anymore and that's a good thing. And as others have said, wasteland areas are tougher by design as well.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    Deep in the big POIs (like office buildings) you will find the tougher zombies earlier in the game. Not every POI is the same difficulty anymore and that's a good thing. And as others have said, wasteland areas are tougher by design as well.
    I like this idea, some buildings you should steer clear of until you're ready.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedui View Post
    Yeah it can happen in some areas.
    [...]

but getting radiated every time really makes it feel too hard too soon.
    They might spawn in a special place. That's really far from "every time".
    Maybe you shouldn't try to loot a skyscraper at Lvl5 with a lvl50 wodden club.

If they spawn randomly in the free world, it might otherwise be a bug.

Refugee
    feral sleepers are whack tho

i also think if you clear areas
    the next respawns are harder difficulty

feels like a stupid dungeon now for every log house

Survivor
    The bunker that sits under a garage also has tough zombies no matter what gamestage you're at.

Survivor
    I get irradiated zeds just going into a random house, especially in a city. It also happens to ne at random poi's. Ferals and irradiateds just rule the world. Sometimes I just steer clear and look for an easier place to loot. Usually, I only have a lvl 300 crossbow or bow, and same for club. I would be around lvl 50.

In my experience the game does ramp up sleeper difficulty way too quickly. Ferals are not that big of a deal, but cops or any radiated ones, take a boatload of ammo to kill. Feral radiated cops are pretty much the current miniboss of the game (until behemoth is released) and should only be engaged if your gear is near purple, or you have a group. If you do not yet have your own gun ammo production going, definitely don't wake them.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    I think Gazz should revisit the generation of the sleeper groups. Current setup is very similar to the 7day hordes, but sleepers dont need to have such limited sets. In my Bad Co mod I have 100's in each sleeper group and only a new group every 400 or so GS, and it plays quite nicely (you dont get the same 8 zombies until your GS changes like in vanilla)
    Would be nice if there was a longevity setting. Bear with me lol.

Longevity:
    Short : Zombies ramp up in difficulty fastest. More of a nightmare difficulty modifier type thing.
    Medium: Zombies ramp up in difficulty slower. Want to be able to build medium complexity structure's over time.
    Long: Zombies ramp up in difficulty slower. Want to be able to build advanced complexity structure's, like concrete castle's over time.
    Forever: Zombie difficulty ramps up at it's slowest rate. Want to build your own towns and settlements.

Then zombie groups just staging gets a mulitpler set.

Short: 1*GameStage = effective GS
    Medium: 0.75*GS=effective GS
    Long: 0.50*GS=effective GS
    Forever: 0.15*GS=effective GS

Could likely be applied in a lot of ways and be a secondary difficulty setting.

Refugee
    I think stompynz nailed it, I'm not entirely sure what he means by volumes, but in my somewhat limited experience you tend to find the really tough z's in the same spots in certain pois regardless of gamestage, and certain pois seem to start popping ferals sooner than others.

For instance I swear there's always a cop in the ranger station gunsafe room, and the gunsafe room in that poi that kinda looks like a trader.

Then again what do i know, i usually stay close to home and smash boulders and build stuff lol
    Last edited by Talonspad; 1 Week Ago at 05:43 AM.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moezso View Post
    I like this idea, some buildings you should steer clear of until you're ready.
    My experience was to attack the big, dungeon POIs early before your level ramps them up. My friend and I completed the skyscrapers and construction site before either of us were level 40, and they were fairly easy. Would we have received better loot later? Probably, but we were happy with what we got and just the experience of completing the puzzles.

It also helped that we got a sniper on the roof of Dishong Towers just before the...uh..."boss." Two head shots and he was done.