Thread: Error on loading save.

Unhappy An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary

Hi everyone, I have a save game that I put lots of hours into, played earlier today for about an hour, everything was fine. Now when I try and load it I get this error. I've tried to reinstall the game. I've tried the non experimental version, no luck. Please help!

Thanks in advance.

!!!UPDATE!!!: Other saves work, its just this specific save. Someone please help.

20171007175103_1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rabbitslovecactus; 10-07-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Reconstructionist 4sheetzngeegles's Avatar
    Rabbitslovecactus
    Try this create a .bat file. Set it to copy your save profile. If you want to go deeper, figure out the region for your base. and save that one too. When you first log in, and periodically just click to run. Save it to a folder that you have made, where you have absolute admin control and security. It will not stop the corruption issue, but during the time that is used to figure it out. If you get a corruption on shut down you only revert back to your last good save. Similar to what F8 does at windows startup.

I will look into this. Thank you for the suggestion.

I just noticed that when I close the 7dtd window by pressing X I get some extra lines of error. Check this out.

See the post below for a better Pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rabbitslovecactus; 10-09-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: image too small

I just noticed that when I close the 7dtd window by pressing X I get some extra lines of error. Check this out.

https://ibin.co/3dClGC2JxkDu.png
    Last edited by Rabbitslovecactus; 10-09-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Switch to 32 bit. If the game loads do a few things for a minute or two, then save it and switch back to 64

Quote Originally Posted by ElCabong View Post
    Switch to 32 bit. If the game loads do a few things for a minute or two, then save it and switch back to 64
    Thanks for the reply. I tried that without any luck

Survivor
    I've got the exact same problem. Finally decided to try out A16 this weekend and played up to the 8th day. Now when I try to load I get the same message as OP.

Possibly relevant:
    Started the save with 16.3, and later my stepdad joined in but his client was 16.4. I updated to 16.4 and we played some together. Although I know for sure I was able to load the save after updating to 16.4 more than once.

It's too bad.....I was actually starting to enjoy the game again with some of the new stuff that's been added. I'll give it another try to get it fixed but if I don't I'll just wait until next year to give A17 a try...

If I have any success I'll be sure to post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hampe View Post
    I've got the exact same problem. Finally decided to try out A16 this weekend and played up to the 8th day. Now when I try to load I get the same message as OP.

Possibly relevant:
    Started the save with 16.3, and later my stepdad joined in but his client was 16.4. I updated to 16.4 and we played some together. Although I know for sure I was able to load the save after updating to 16.4 more than once.

It's too bad.....I was actually starting to enjoy the game again with some of the new stuff that's been added. I'll give it another try to get it fixed but if I don't I'll just wait until next year to give A17 a try...

If I have any success I'll be sure to post it here.

Thanks for the reply. For the record, my game is single player. But yes, please let me know if you find anything. This issue needs to be put into the spotlight. It cripples the game. Even if my save isn't recoverable, whos to say it wont happen in my next game. Makes me not want to play at all. Really sucks since I love this game...

Survivor
    Haven't got it fixed yet, but if it helps, here is the excerpt where it's crashing in the output log:

2017-10-14T11:47:32 37.156 INF StartAsServer
    2017-10-14T11:47:32 37.368 INF createWorld: Random Gen, alfa16, GameModeSurvivalMP
    2017-10-14T11:47:32 37.524 INF Started thread thread_Regenerating
    2017-10-14T11:47:32 37.525 INF Started thread IB
    2017-10-14T11:47:32 37.718 INF World.Load: Random Gen
    ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,System.String].Add (Int32 key, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SleeperVolume.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at World.ReadSleeperVolumes (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at World.LoadWorld (System.String _sWorldName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at GameManager+GC.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Check out my post/reply on this page.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-Thread/page13

Someone officially submitted a bug report for this.

@ Devs, can you please give us an update on this? Thanks

Survivor
    I saw that a workaround has been found (OP already saw it....just posting it here in case someone else stumbles across this thread):

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ctionary/page2

Refugee
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/attach...3&d=1507414854 im having the same problem in alpha 17.4

Refugee
    Im having the same bug in singleplayer and it doesnt let me load any other saves