Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Realistic methods of getting people to stop living at bedrock to avoid zombie hordes.

Inventor
    There are already snakes and wolves in the game. ???

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    There are already snakes and wolves in the game. ???
    Crap, my fault. Forgot I was in PC pimp dreams. That was meant for the console version.

Tracker
    Will you two stop derailing the thread, please.

This thread is specifically for how to make people who make their homes at bedrock come up and out of their bases every now and then.

This is not a thread to assemble all ideas. If you want such a thread, make one. You may add these to the list, fine, but that is a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Phicksur View Post

This thread is specifically for how to make people who make their homes at bedrock come up and out of their bases every now and then.

This is not a thread to assemble all ideas. If you want such a thread, make one. You may add these to the list, fine, but that is a separate thread.
    We allready have Hatches and doors. If you build them you can leave the base every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Phicksur View Post

No one is derailing the thread, we were having a discussion!!
    I've agreed with you since your original post & I still agree with you! A few posts regarding the game is NOT a derailment.

Now it's been derailed since you made that rude post.

Chill out man, we are all here for the same reason, to discuss 7DTD!

He is not completly wrong (at least you gone offtopic)

but i think this thread is allready one to much, we have a comparable Thread and Hundrets of posts inside the A17 Diary thread on the same topic.
    Sadly the topic glitch all time from "How to make Underground more interesting/challenging" into, "how can we force the Bedrock dweller on surface".

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    He is not completly wrong (at least you gone offtopic)

but i think this thread is allready one to much, we have a comparable Thread and Hundrets of posts inside the A17 Diary thread on the same topic.
    Sadly the topic glitch all time from "How to make Underground more interesting/challenging" into, "how can we force the Bedrock dweller on surface".
    Agreed. I guess we've pretty much all discussed it & gave our opinions on it.

Overall I do agree with phicksur, an underground ventilation system would be a nice addition & an extra challenge.

I posted this to the a17 thread but it seems it would be more suited here. An idea to make you venture outside...

The game already detects an "indoors" status for temperature and weather. Why not use the same mechanic to make all forges and campfires take twice the time to complete anything - simulating the player not making the fire as big as he would outside (for smoke and fire hazard reasons).

This would even add immersion. Realistically you should not put campfires and forges indoors whether above or below ground. Everything taking twice as long should be enough incentive to motivate you make your fires outdoors.

Hunter
    1. Dig to bedrock.
    2. Cap shaft with iron bars, open frames, wooden windows, etc.
    3. Set forge on bedrock.

The forge is now outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikaia View Post
    1. Dig to bedrock.
    2. Cap shaft with iron bars, open frames, wooden windows, etc.
    3. Set forge on bedrock.

The forge is now outside.
    Totally all for it!
    You put in the extra work to dig the shaft, you can now forge at bedrock.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by toores View Post
    I posted this to the a17 thread but it seems it would be more suited here. An idea to make you venture outside...

The game already detects an "indoors" status for temperature and weather. Why not use the same mechanic to make all forges and campfires take twice the time to complete anything - simulating the player not making the fire as big as he would outside (for smoke and fire hazard reasons).

This would even add immersion. Realistically you should not put campfires and forges indoors whether above or below ground. Everything taking twice as long should be enough incentive to motivate you make your fires outdoors.
    Heat is contained in-doors, meaning you need a smaller fire than you would if you were out-doors with the wind cooling your forge. Your idea would destroy immersion for anybody who knows that basic principle. The net effect of putting a forge in-doors should be better fuel efficiency.

As for "forcing" people to do what player X feels they should do, player X should run his own server and learn to use DM commands/code xml's. Then you can power-trip and force people to play how you want until they quit playing with you and you end up playing single player.

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Heat is contained in-doors, meaning you need a smaller fire than you would if you were out-doors with the wind cooling your forge. Your idea would destroy immersion for anybody who knows that basic principle. The net effect of putting a forge in-doors should be better fuel efficiency.

As for "forcing" people to do what player X feels they should do, player X should run his own server and learn to use DM commands/code xml's. Then you can power-trip and force people to play how you want until they quit playing with you and you end up playing single player.
    Chill, i'm just throwing ideas here.
    I'd really like a ventilation system that would be needed when making fires indoors. Because i find it immersion breaking that i can build a small room and fill it with forges and campfires and have no trouble breathing when they are all running.
    If it is doable by some proximity buff, that would be swell but if it's too resource heavy, there could be other ways to achieve it.

For example, at the moment campfire and forge are open fires. Make so that you somehow can't use them indoors, but when you advance you get electric stove and industrial furnace that does not have open top and has vent pipe built in...

Spoiler: 

Someone suggested that forges and campfires could have a smoke/"low oxygen" AoE effect similar to the heat effect/buff they already have. If you make it so that it only happens "indoors", this could actually work.

The only way to counter that effect would be ventilation system that cancels out the negative buff. So you would have to progess to electricity before comfortably being able to use campfires, forges and fuel generators "indoors" and under ground. Or build open top rooms with iron bars as roof.
    Last edited by toores; 10-31-2017 at 12:36 PM.

even if i like the idea too

I'd really like a ventilation system that would be needed when making fires indoors. Because i find it immersion breaking that i can build a small room and fill it with forges and campfires and have no trouble breathing when they are all running.
    i fix this
    I'd really like if the engine dont forbid you to build a ventilation system. Because i find it immersion breaking that i canīt build a small room and fill it with forges and campfires and cant add a ventilation system for more immersion
    Many of my Buildings allready had Ventilation systems

Scavenger
    What need to be addressed first is the lack of content underground (what maybe will make people go more underground). Some random pockets of liquid (when we have more than bugged water) and caves should be nice. And to make things worst maybe some gasses in caves underground, toxic applying some debuffs, explosive/fire related (when you hit the pickaxe is just a SURPRISE MOTHER%Ļ$#@ on your face), suffocating, etc.. This surely make the life underground plentiful and worth exploring (or not), not some safe location to build and don't get your stuff broken every day. And that is the only reason I personally build underground: to keep my stuff safe (walls included xP). I like to explore, not repair and get mad every time a horde zombie approaches (like, three times a day...).