Thread: Sooo much wasteland

Tracker

Sooo much wasteland

Map seed: chicago

For my starting and base area, there is so much wasteland and burning biomes, that I am trying to make the best of it.

The burning biomes are turning out to be great especially with the find of being able to dig up fertilized soil.

Switching to the wasteland biome, I am just having difficulty in incorporating them into my game for any useful purpose. Between the dogs and land mines, I am gun shy about exploring them. My first trader was in the wasteland, and I actually made a wooden plank path from the snow biome to the trade so I would know that was free of land mines.

Any thoughts or comments on how to make the wasteland useful.

Ranger
    you just need to wait until your weapons, armor and character are of sufficient level to utilize the wastelands.

Tracker
    About all I do in there is dig up the rock/sand for making concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinz View Post
    Map seed: chicago

For my starting and base area, there is so much wasteland and burning biomes, that I am trying to make the best of it.

The burning biomes are turning out to be great especially with the find of being able to dig up fertilized soil.

Switching to the wasteland biome, I am just having difficulty in incorporating them into my game for any useful purpose. Between the dogs and land mines, I am gun shy about exploring them. My first trader was in the wasteland, and I actually made a wooden plank path from the snow biome to the trade so I would know that was free of land mines.

Any thoughts or comments on how to make the wasteland useful.
    Seems like it's pretty much just a challenge area now with the landmines & numerous dogs. I crept in that area last night to get a supply drop, & I'm on day 46 so I'm at a fairly good level.
    I moved SO slow getting to the drop between fighting off Z's, dodging dogs, & looking for mines.
    I actually did not see a land mine, the drop was maybe 150 blocks away from the main road. I did come across a hub cap just laying on the ground. I was guessing it was definitely a mine so after about 3 shots from my hunting rifle, it just disintegrated. So it was not a mine.

Were these just laying around before? 1st time I'd ever seen it.

So yea, wasteland is basically just a "cojones check" area. Good luck man!!

How do you enter a seed into the console version of 7days to die?
    I think youre in the wrong thread.

Survivor
    Its been covered many times but the seed name is the name you give the map.