Thread: Grow Lamps

Refugee

Grow Lamps

is there a glow lamp mod? or a way to mod the files to grow seeds under ground without having to tunnel up to the surface?

No idea, just looked into the XML and fund no handle on the fly.

Not that I know of. Try doing a long light shaft. I think you can grow like a 3x3 area or more around it.

There is some code on the <block id="119" name="cropsGrowingMaster">, that is commented out for LightLevelGrow and LightLevelStay. You could try playing with those and see what happens.
    Last edited by ChocolateDough; 10-11-2017 at 04:57 PM.

5x5 works
    7x7 no clue

Scavenger
    What you could do is copy a plant xml and change the value to:

<property name="PlantGrowing.LightLevelGrow" value="0"/>

then it will grow anywhere

Colony Founder
    Devs are active trying prevent players from making underground bases, so I doubt they love the that idea.

They are floating around ideas of making underground poisonous either by radiation or lack of oxygen.

There is no external reference in lightsources. Its just there. The blocks that are receiving/using light however can be manipulated to need or not need lightsources as Heisenburg pointed out.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike06 View Post
    Devs are active trying prevent players from making underground bases, so I doubt they love the that idea.

They are floating around ideas of making underground poisonous either by radiation or lack of oxygen.
    ähmmm, read the threads again, and then please post here the Dev that is involved. (Not Roland, he is somewhere between TFP and the playerbase.
    The maximum they have maybe done is asking for suggestions. Everything else is userdriven.

Only thing that have been said is mm´s "we want no safe place in the game" and i doubt that he spoke about that what most people interpret. Bu yes at least i cant imagine they would help to make "Bases you need never to leave"
    Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 10-12-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Zombie Hunter
    Glowing plants, iteresting. Let see...

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdgjl2006 View Post
    is there a glow lamp mod? or a way to mod the files to grow seeds under ground without having to tunnel up to the surface?
    use this

<property name="PlantGrowing.LightLevelGrow" value="8"/> default, light required for growing up
    <property name="PlantGrowing.LightLevelStay" value="0"/> default, light required for not dieing off

Quote Originally Posted by Mike06 View Post

It would be nice though to mod in something like this. Because IRL growth lights are a thing and there are warehouses, that specialize in indoor agriculture by growing plants without using soil.

That attitude from the developers is just ignorance in my opinion, because now with electricity it would be even more viable solution to self sustaining, since sunlight doesn't shine at night, but artificial light can shine 24/7. If it would be readily available from the beginning, then it would be OP, but as an end game option to self sustaining bases, it's ok in my opinion, but hey this is just my opinion. As long as there will be possibilities to mod the game to our liking, we can tweak the developer vision of the game to our personal liking.

P.S. Instead of nerfing player options to survive, they should better focus on zombie AI path finding.

I wonder if it would be possible to mod something like this using SDX.

Refugee
    Tried a lot of combinations with different lamps, lightstrength and lighlevelgrow. Couldn't do it :/