Thread: A noob in trouble. (Console Xbox)

Question A noob in trouble. (Console Xbox)

Hello everyone.

First of all I apologize for my English. My native language is Spanish.
    I've been playing console, (Xbox One S) and I've come across some difficulties. Obviously for being new (noob) I'm probably doing something wrong so I want to ask:

1) I have not found 1 potato. Nothing. Neither seed nor food nor anything and wanted to plant for some food. ¿Where is achieved?

2) In the areas of burn, I have not seen or found the stains of Fertilizer. (I've seen several videos on how to get it but I only get killer dogs and no fertilizer) ¿Does fertilizer not get on consoles in these areas?

3) When I have the land in my inventory, I can not place it as soil to make a space to plant. Example, I have wooden boxes, with tier 2, and I want to put the earth on top to work it and then plant it, This is on the surface, inside a 7X7 enclosed space but with the roof open for sunlight, however I CAN NOT lay the ground. that is, I can not build a greenhouse. ¿Do you have to do something extra in order to create the soil by having the soil with one?

4) I have seen in videos that the PC version (Console 16.1 - PC 16.2) one can see the recipes of almost everything, or everything but have not yet learned it. For example you can see recipes and tell you: "You need to learn how to do it" or "You need X item to be able to do it". However in the console the recipes "disappear" or do not exist unless you already have the things to make them. A basic and classic example. The fertilizer. I did not find anywhere how the fertilizer was made, it does not appear in the recipes when you hit the button so that the menu of your inventory appears, and you look for it and it does not come out, But at the moment of giving the campfire, the fertilizer recipe appears, because it turns out to be a recipe to be cooked. The same happens with wrought iron and other things you can not see the recipe until you have a forge, and this caused me problems at first because I did not find many of the things that are seen in the videos and you do not find how to do it. Closing the game progress a lot. ¿Is this so or is something missing?

5) Lastly ... I'm on a RADOM map, and despite going on the 22nd, and looking for a bit to open the map, I still do not get the first city, nor the first vendor ... I found caves HUGE, caves, lake, a small military fort that was taken over by zombies, several houses, (one of them thank god had a forge), but city, or at least 1 seller ... nothing ... ¿these are in console?

Thanks...

Question A noob in trouble (console Xbox)

Hello everyone.

First of all I apologize for my English. My native language is Spanish.
    I've been playing console, (Xbox One S) and I've come across some difficulties. Obviously for being new (noob) I'm probably doing something wrong so I want to ask:

1) I have not found 1 potato. Nothing. Neither seed nor food nor anything and wanted to plant for some food. ¿Where is achieved?

2) In the areas of burn, I have not seen or found the stains of Fertilizer. (I've seen several videos on how to get it but I only get killer dogs and no fertilizer) ¿Does fertilizer not get on consoles in these areas?

3) When I have the land in my inventory, I can not place it as soil to make a space to plant. Example, I have wooden boxes, with tier 2, and I want to put the earth on top to work it and then plant it, This is on the surface, inside a 7X7 enclosed space but with the roof open for sunlight, however I CAN NOT lay the ground. that is, I can not build a greenhouse. ¿Do you have to do something extra in order to create the soil by having the soil with one?

4) I have seen in videos that the PC version (Console 16.1 - PC 16.2) one can see the recipes of almost everything, or everything but have not yet learned it. For example you can see recipes and tell you: "You need to learn how to do it" or "You need X item to be able to do it". However in the console the recipes "disappear" or do not exist unless you already have the things to make them. A basic and classic example. The fertilizer. I did not find anywhere how the fertilizer was made, it does not appear in the recipes when you hit the button so that the menu of your inventory appears, and you look for it and it does not come out, But at the moment of giving the campfire, the fertilizer recipe appears, because it turns out to be a recipe to be cooked. The same happens with wrought iron and other things you can not see the recipe until you have a forge, and this caused me problems at first because I did not find many of the things that are seen in the videos and you do not find how to do it. Closing the game progress a lot. ¿Is this so or is something missing?

5) Lastly ... I'm on a RADOM map, and despite going on the 22nd, and looking for a bit to open the map, I still do not get the first city, nor the first vendor ... I found caves HUGE, caves, lake, a small military fort that was taken over by zombies, several houses, (one of them thank god had a forge), but city, or at least 1 seller ... nothing ... ¿these are in console?

Thanks...

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    1. Usually you find them in loot containers. There may be a POI or two that has a couple of plants.

2. Not sure.

3. Combine dirt to make fertile ground. Then you can place the block.

4. I think this is a console limitation, but will have to double-check later.

5. Random is random. I got a map once that was about 95% water. On the PC there was a period where the central city was not absolute. The current console build is about at this stage based on the data they've added. I do not have enough access to the source to say for sure if you are guaranteed a hub city at 0,0 though. It's definitely worth a try though.
    Sometimes, you end up just restarting on a new map because the one you are on stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by ares17000 View Post

Potatoes are kind of rare. Blueberries also. Search loot containers and especially kitchen cabinets & refrigerators. I didn't find a potato until Day 16 on my world.

Fertilized farmland in burnt forest is an Alpha 16 addition to the PC game, according to the change log. [Edited to delete my wrongness; see a couple of posts down for how to find fertilizer]

3) When I have the land in my inventory, I can not place it as soil to make a space to plant.
    You can use dirt fragments (what you get from digging) to make sod, or grassy soil, or forest soil, etc. Those you can place.

4) I have seen in videos that the PC version (Console 16.1 - PC 16.2) one can see the recipes of almost everything, or everything but have not yet learned it. For example you can see recipes and tell you: "You need to learn how to do it" or "You need X item to be able to do it". However in the console the recipes "disappear" or do not exist unless you already have the things to make them. A basic and classic example. The fertilizer. I did not find anywhere how the fertilizer was made
    I'm not sure exactly how the PC does it, but on console any recipes that you can craft are visible, but greyed out if you don't know them or don't have the resources. Note, though, that many recipes are only available in either the Workstation, the Forge, the Cement Mixer, or the Chemistry Station. So you won't see those recipes unless you're in the interface for the tool. Fertilizer, specifically, can be found in the Cement Mixer and Chem Station. But not in your normal craft-on-the-fly list.

Yeah, man random is random. My current world appears to be 75% desert and burnt biome, and the only water source I've found so far is a motel swimming pool (and snow).

One of the starting quests should point you at a trader. Did you not get that quest? No guarantee he'll be in or near a town of course (mine is way out in the middle of tundra).
    Last edited by Boidster; 10-18-2017 at 03:00 PM.

thanks... this information help me a much...
    Again... sorry for my english and thanks for you patience in my writing

Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    thanks... this information help me a much...
    Again... sorry for my english and thanks for you patience in my writing
    You speak better English then my American born neighbors lol

Jajajaja... my concern is for gramatical. and correct order in the words. maybe you undertand me, but sure you read me like a caveman. and the dictionary in the phone is troll. is in spanish and correct the words many times.

Another case... the initial guest to visit a seller not exist in console. I initiate 3 times thinking I made a mistake. but the guest never showed up

Tracker
    I have found fertilizer in the burnt biome several times. Just look at your map once you've cleared the area. The fertilizer will show up as small black dots. When you go to that spot you will see the speckled white areas. Dig it up,, you'll get a lot of dirt and a little fertilizer. May seem like a pain, but when you consider how long it takes to make it, it is worth it, plus there's lot's of other stuff in the burnt biome worth getting, like check every toilet! Not to mention bird nests are easy to spot there and pigs can't hide in the undergrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman2838 View Post
    I have found fertilizer in the burnt biome several times. Just look at your map once you've cleared the area. The fertilizer will show up as small black dots. When you go to that spot you will see the speckled white areas. Dig it up,, you'll get a lot of dirt and a little fertilizer.
    Excellent! I did ASSume that since it was listed in A16 patch notes that we wouldn't have it yet. So you know what that makes me...

Just last night I finally got around to trying to make fertilizer in the cement mixer. 13 minutes per block! Forget that noise. My base is literally surrounded by burnt biome, so tonight I'm off to find the little black dots.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Boidster View Post
    Excellent! I did ASSume that since it was listed in A16 patch notes that we wouldn't have it yet. So you know what that makes me...

Just last night I finally got around to trying to make fertilizer in the cement mixer. 13 minutes per block! Forget that noise. My base is literally surrounded by burnt biome, so tonight I'm off to find the little black dots.
    yeah i just found about 75 fertilizer in my burnt forest biome im off to the next one , though its in the hub city zone , and yes they will appear as black specs on the mini map

Dug up 16 last night, in the time it took the mixer to make 2. That's it I'm throwing out all my rotten meat and human poops.

Do you play in console?

In my biome all black dots are either carbon or nitrate (excellent to do in the future powder) . I have not been lucky that any of them have fertilizer (I'll see if tonight I take photos and show them)

Yes, I play on Xbox One. Note that it is only in the burnt forest biome, and that the black dots are just 1 pixel on the most zoomed-in map. Maybe you will see a cluster of 3-5 pixels, but basically it's showing you a single block of dirt that has fertilizer.

I found them at first by zooming in to max, and lining up my map pointer arrow so that the tiny black dot was due North. Then I walked a bit north (to approximately where the middle of my map pointer arrow was right over the black dot) and dug about a 3x3 area (surface blocks only; no need to dig deep). Pay attention to how the ground looks for each block you dig out. Eventually you will get some fertilizer from one of them in the 3x3 area. Or expand to 4x4 if 3x3 didn't turn up anything.

After finding a few, I could recognize the white-ish blotch on the surface where there was fertilizer. If you have 4 fertilizer, go to a patch of sod and fertilize a 2x2 area. Look at the pattern of colors - 2 of the blocks will be a sort of reddish-brown and 2 will have obvious white blotches. Like nitrate was mixed in with the soil.

The white blotches are easy to see in the burnt biome. They kind of look like gravel spots, but they are whiter and never larger than a single block (whereas gravel can cover a large area). The brownish-red areas are harder to see; they blend in with the burnt ground. The tiny black dots on the map will correspond to either a reddish-brown spot or a white blotch.
    Last edited by Boidster; 10-19-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Here's what it looks like, if the spot is the "white blotch" type: https://images.discordapp.net/attach...04101021_1.jpg

Just above and to the right of the cross-hairs is the white blotch of fertilized soil. Farther to the right and down to the lower right corner is gravel. Can be hard to tell apart when they are close and lighting is poor.