Page 255 of 256 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256 LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 3834

Thread: Hal's Prefab Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Abrondino View Post
    Hal, Here you go.

I was importing using the prefab name "aft_arena01(5)"

You can find the output file here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q10io9u5c...d9qbclw9a?dl=0

Same place as the prefabs
    Hi Abrondino,

I've had a look at the prefab and can see the error in the comm reader. Looks like the server is sending extra data (probably a padded buffer that isn't being trimmed) so it's trying to decode a message that doens't exist.

I've done a fix that you can download here. Just replace the Assembly-CSharp.dll on the client (the one you're using to connect to the server).

I've had to do the changes manually as I've wiped my computer and don't have my modding environment set up for 7DTD so I'm just masking the problem rather than fixing the cause. You'll probably need to teleport away and back again to see any changes after the insert but you shouldn't disconnect.

Or the API mods should get what you need too and they're probably more likely to get updates and fixes.

Good to hear someone's using the base restore feature, that's the original reason I started modding here! The prefab editor just grew out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    @Hal; does this mean your life is slowing down and you'll rejoin us as mod master supreme commander?
    Hey Gup,

I should know in a week or two what the next six months are going to be like but it'll probably depend on where they go with A17. I've been getting into a few games recently and doing other projects.

I'll be updating SDX for A17 no matter what though, it may just take me a while (or I start using holidays ^^)

Cheers,

Hal

Survivor
    DLL installed and server never finishes initializing. Rebooted a few times as well. No luck.

Here is the output logfile: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q10io9u5c...d9qbclw9a?dl=0

It's an update for the client, not the server

Survivor
    Ah, I run the dedicated server. I have not run the client version.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrondino View Post
    Ah, I run the dedicated server. I have not run the client version.
    Yeah that's the stuff I can't get into without the modding environment or it takes me 2 hours to do minor tweaks. I'll have a think and see if I can come up with a hacky workaround

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    Yeah that's the stuff I can't get into without the modding environment or it takes me 2 hours to do minor tweaks. I'll have a think and see if I can come up with a hacky workaround
    That would be much appreciated. Although I seem to be the only server running your mod on a dedicated server, I can tell you that I have a group that has created absolutely beautiful bases due to the fact that they do not have to use resources to restore damaged bases.

I have also let each of them spawn with "The Hammer Of Thor" so that they can gather resources at astounding speeds.

The game is a completely different flavor than anything out there.

I do have two dedicated servers with your mod. One with creative mode invoked (passworded) -this is where I test my imports and others are able to build bases to be imported into the main server.

The other is the public/main server. You'd probably be pretty proud of how much use your BBB commands get. the logfile is full of them.

Like I said, it's a different flavor than most of the 7D2D servers out there. I like to think of it as Minecraft with the added annoyance of zombies. Because people are building these intricate bases that are often connected by underground passages (dug with The Hammer of Thor)

I even made some videos to better show the benefits of being on the Afternight server. Two of which are due to your mod.
    Here are links to the videos:

Our Facebook page is here and it's got over 400 members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/783080705143899/

If by chance you are looking for a testing computer that is running your mod, I can give you access to the test server.

-Dino
    Last edited by Abrondino; 03-21-2018 at 03:54 AM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    You're not the only one, I use BBB on my prefab servers and game servers as well, but I've been migrating my people to BCM (you can run an api mod WITH hal's dll) since Hal has hinted many times at slowing down; you may want to make the switch... as the great man himself said "they're (api mods) probably more likely to get updates and fixes."

I do love me some Hal though... it's really convenient to not have to log onto a dedi for quick testing.

Food for thought.

Hello Abrondino,

I've had a think and there may be a workaround already in the code. Can you try inserting the prefab with sleepers enabled? That code doesn't use the RPC method and instead uses the chunks directly like Stompy said. If its an overflow of the RPC buffer this should work and will confirm or narrow down the problem.

The command would be:
    bbb ip MyPrefabName [sleepers]

Cheers,

Hal

Survivor
    I tested out the sleepers modifier and it imported without issue.

Thank you!

Good stuff, definitely sounds like the RPC message is too big. If memory serves I used to chop the messages up but that caused the physics to kick in and some prefabs would start collapsing before all the blocks were in.

I have built 2 prefabs so far. With one of them, I had no problem following HAL's video on creating LOD models. Everything came out fine. But on my second prefab, when I used the simplify command, the entire prefab fell apart. Has anyone else experienced this?

I use both herrpohl's editor, and HAL's under two completely separate installations of 7DTD. I created the prefabs in herrpohl's, then copied and pasted them into the prefab folder for HAL's.

Edit: Nevermind! I figured out on my own that I needed to disable physics. I'm not sure why the other POI didn't fall apart with active physics and this one did, but disabling physics stopped it from happening.
    Last edited by dhlmaster; 03-28-2018 at 12:16 AM. Reason: problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by dhlmaster View Post
    I have built 2 prefabs so far. With one of them, I had no problem following HAL's video on creating LOD models. Everything came out fine. But on my second prefab, when I used the simplify command, the entire prefab fell apart. Has anyone else experienced this?

I use both herrpohl's editor, and HAL's under two completely separate installations of 7DTD. I created the prefabs in herrpohl's, then copied and pasted them into the prefab folder for HAL's.

Edit: Nevermind! I figured out on my own that I needed to disable physics. I'm not sure why the other POI didn't fall apart with active physics and this one did, but disabling physics stopped it from happening.
    When you simplify the mesh it replaces/removes things that it won't try and mesh (windows, weird shaped blocks etc). The second prefab must fail the structure test once that bit is done.

A good tip for the others, glad it's sorted.

Howdy. Does the prefab editor get along with the SDX7 asset tool? I've been adding Unity custom blocks and items to mods for a while now, and I'd like to export some of the creations as prefabs (along with the Unity resources). But it doesn't seem like the prefab editor and SDX7 play nice together. For example, I'll run the SDX7 build and place my Unity asset blocks in game, exit and run the prefab editor (I have to run the SP Editor update to become admin and see the BBB commands in-game)... but then my SDX7 assets are gone! And if I update the prefab editor first and then run SDX7, the Unity assets show up but I'm no longer admin and cannot run BBB commands.

It's entirely possible that I'm missing something obvious, but it seems like both tools are updating/overwriting the same .dll's. Is there some integration feature that I'm overlooking? I really hope so, since the alternative would be a real bummer.

You canít use both, however you can run a dedi server and use bcm or coppis. I also have a command mod for sdx and an export prefab command for single player exporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kast View Post
    Howdy. Does the prefab editor get along with the SDX7 asset tool? I've been adding Unity custom blocks and items to mods for a while now, and I'd like to export some of the creations as prefabs (along with the Unity resources). But it doesn't seem like the prefab editor and SDX7 play nice together. For example, I'll run the SDX7 build and place my Unity asset blocks in game, exit and run the prefab editor (I have to run the SP Editor update to become admin and see the BBB commands in-game)... but then my SDX7 assets are gone! And if I update the prefab editor first and then run SDX7, the Unity assets show up but I'm no longer admin and cannot run BBB commands.

It's entirely possible that I'm missing something obvious, but it seems like both tools are updating/overwriting the same .dll's. Is there some integration feature that I'm overlooking? I really hope so, since the alternative would be a real bummer.
    Yeah it's as you thought, the same DLL is getting overwritten. I'd go with Stompy's SDX mod if you're compiling your mods through the SDX launcher.