Page 245 of 246 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246 LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3685

Thread: Hal's Prefab Editor

Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post
    Abounding?
    It's your choice. If you don't want to be sexy...

Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    It's your choice. If you don't want to be sexy...
    Who needs to be sexy when you're Internet Famous? ^^

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL9000 View Post

As far as I know the buttons should still work, I don't use them cause it's always installed on my machine cause I made it ^^ but they should still be auto-updating. Let me know if they're not.
    I tried the manual update button (before I re-downloaded/posted) and got nothing but grief from some weird guy called Dave. Installed the dll prior to that and it said things were up-to-date but the version was not changed (and did not work).

Quote Originally Posted by Slaan View Post
    I tried the manual update button (before I re-downloaded/posted) and got nothing but grief from some weird guy called Dave. Installed the dll prior to that and it said things were up-to-date but the version was not changed (and did not work).
    I had to download the latest edigor from the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    I had to download the latest edigor from the OP.
    Ah yes, it's using an old url, it'll be updated in the next version (but you'll still need to download from the OP one more time)

LOL - Dave's not home - LOL

Hi Hal,

For some reason when I try to load my TWD prison into your empty world I get the "Array Index is out of range" error." I know you were successful in creating a mesh file for my prison before so I assume you didn't get this error? See screenshot below.

Laz, have a look in the output log for the error, the console doesn't provide a lot of the extra info needed to help track it down

Refugee

How to export a full base as prefab?

I'm trying to export my full base with Hal's prefab editor, but it seems that I only export a part of my base.
    Is there a command that I can use, so that I can export a specific location (with coordinates) ?

I've used bbb claim [prefabName].

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Go to back up manager and increase your claim size (the one in the middle, not that top one), then delete the current claim, then save then alt tab back into the game to try again.

Refugee

Prefab lights ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    General block conversion notes:

All couch pieces (both types), desks, and nightstands have incorrect rotation.

White tile blocks converts to insidecornerwedgesomethings.

Duct converted to wood with metal texture.

A lot of bricks converted to wood with brick texture

...can you post the mapping? At this point I'm curious. Odd hitting brick and getting wood.
    Is there a way to turn the lights on in the prefabs with Pilles Prefab editor? I used the correct lights but i can not find an option to turn them on or off the show green and are not player placed , any help would be great , Thank you

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Try the different meta tags.

Quote Originally Posted by keffer03be View Post
    I'm trying to export my full base with Hal's prefab editor, but it seems that I only export a part of my base.
    Is there a command that I can use, so that I can export a specific location (with coordinates) ?

I've used bbb claim [prefabName].
    Increase the claim size using the editor program

or stand at the South Western most point of the area you want to export and use bbb exsw
    bbb exsw <width> <depth> <prefabName>

Quote Originally Posted by Kamaka View Post
    Is there a way to turn the lights on in the prefabs with Pilles Prefab editor? I used the correct lights but i can not find an option to turn them on or off the show green and are not player placed , any help would be great , Thank you
    Set the meta value to 2 or 3

0 - off
    1 - does nothing
    2 - lit
    3 - lit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Hi Hal,

For some reason when I try to load my TWD prison into your empty world I get the "Array Index is out of range" error." I know you were successful in creating a mesh file for my prison before so I assume you didn't get this error? See screenshot below.

Hey Laz,

Post the log of the prefab file you're using and I'll have a look. Can't remember if I used the empty world or just nav when I demoed your prison.

Refugee

Invalid location Date

Friend is trying to use the editor but gets an invalid location error on anything he tries to do? Would you know the cause?
    Last edited by Anotheroldguy; 6 Days Ago at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotheroldguy View Post
    Friend is trying to use the editor but gets an invalid location error on anything he tries to do? Would you know the cause?
    The cause is he's typing something in wrong. The solution would depend on what he's trying to type. Logs or examples will get you the best answer