Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [10/19] Message from the Team - Patch 12 Submitted!

[10/19] Message from the Team - Patch 12 Submitted!

Hi all!

Patch 12 has gone into submission and I'm here to deliver the notes for the patch! This patch is focusing on bug fixes and improvements.

Of course there's the usual bit...

- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
    - do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
    - keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
    - please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
    - I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

... and onto the notes!

------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
    Release Notes
    Patch 12.0
    PS4 Version 1.17
    XB1 Version 1.0.17.0

We’re back to bug fixing! Patch 12 is going to be released shortly. We have quite a few bug fixes and improvements in store for all of you. Check out the list below for a sneak peek!

Bug Fixes and Improvements
    Gameplay
    • Removed the "Run Forrest Run" perk because it could be exploited to break the stamina system
    • Fixed an issue that would prevent a player from receiving full payment for selling items in a rented vending machine
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the “Locate Trader” quest from being completed, even after interacting with a trader
    • Fixed an issue that required the player to close and reopen a rented vending machine’s interface to refresh the items list and amount of Duke’s Tokens available for collection
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause items sold in bundles to become stuck in rented vending machines
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the map indicator for a rented vending machine from disappearing once the rent has expired
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the Trader UI to close when a player on split-screen would close a container
    • Fixed an issue that would increase the first player’s barter skill when the second player earned the increase in a split-screen game
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the smelting timer from updating upon replacing an item in the forge
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the last item in a smelting slot from being smelted when a player has the forge screen open
    • Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving the Basic Survival quest after quitting out of the game when the quest prompt is initially displayed
    • Fixed an issue that would cause a destroyed bedroll’s map indicator to persist upon rejoining a game
    • Fixed an issue that would cause some characters to spawn into the game already freezing or overheating

Art/Audio
    • Fixed an issue with terrain generation that would cause caves that spawned near water to corrupt the terrain around them
    • Fixed an issue that would cause terrain artifacts to appear when a large portion of the ground had been removed
    • Fixed an issue that caused some blocks to appear corrupted in the block placement preview
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the sitting animation to persist after the player had gotten off the minibike
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the size of a torch in an active toolbelt slot to shrink
    • Fixed a handful of spelling and grammatical errors in item names and descriptions

System/Stability
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the game to enter an unresponsive state after disconnecting and reconnecting a controller

We hope you are excited for Patch 12. Thank for being the dedicated and involved community that you are!

-------------

Thats all for now folks!
    Clare

Refugee
    Thanks for the hard work on bug fixes

Really nice to see some bugs fixed that were reported since the last update. compared to some other bugs that was really quick. keep the good work on!

Refugee

👍👍👍

Love it, keep up the good work 👍👍

Greets from belgium !!!

Refugee

Multiplayer console

Hello I was wondering when you guys might fix the multiplayer issues that some of us are having? I love this game and I want to be able to play with my friends but it never works.

Scavenger
    I am really glad to see the bug work moving forward. That being said, are there any fixes being implemented to correct the extreme fog that the game host sees (PS4) every few game days (especially with rain)? It does not leave until the game is restarted and blocks the distant terrain completely. I believe I have submitted this on the bug section a long time ago.

Refugee

Great Job

I would love to see some of the stability issues fixed. My wife and I are so addicted to the co-op split screen but have already lost a character because of some of the issues. We are well over 60 hours in and losing a character is frustrating. That being said I love everything you do. Do you all take donations?

Quote Originally Posted by Soujiro245 View Post
    Hello I was wondering when you guys might fix the multiplayer issues that some of us are having? I love this game and I want to be able to play with my friends but it never works.
    Please submit a bug report about your issues and I'll help troubleshoot as best I can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xlxfearlessxlx View Post
    I am really glad to see the bug work moving forward. That being said, are there any fixes being implemented to correct the extreme fog that the game host sees (PS4) every few game days (especially with rain)? It does not leave until the game is restarted and blocks the distant terrain completely. I believe I have submitted this on the bug section a long time ago.
    If you're on version 1.16 then I believe adjustments were already made and I'm not sure if they'll be adjusting further anytime soon. However I will follow up with the team with a suggestion request for you.

- - - Updated - - -

As for other issues I only have what's in the notes, but thank you all for your feedback so far

Ranger
    Bug fixes always appreciated. Thank you, fun pimps

Hunter
    I didnt see anywhere where it said we had to restart our save game, Can this really be true?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Please submit a bug report about your issues and I'll help troubleshoot as best I can.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're on version 1.16 then I believe adjustments were already made and I'm not sure if they'll be adjusting further anytime soon. However I will follow up with the team with a suggestion request for you.

- - - Updated - - -

As for other issues I only have what's in the notes, but thank you all for your feedback so far
    Hi Clare,

I just wanted to echo this, that with dual ps4's in a private MP game on 1.16, we have had some serious issues with the snow/fog where the host machine can't even see 4 feet in front of themselves. It's a complete wash out on the screen. I even have a Asus ROG Switft and the game looks way better on the non-host 10 year old monitor. We didn't encounter this until 1.16 just a couple weeks ago when we started over. At first we thought all the new smoke/fog/snow/rain was cool, but the screen whites out in the snow biome or whenever it snows. I was in Persihton and I got lost in the middle of the street in a rain/snow storm. I couldn't see more than 3-4 feet in any direction. The non-host ps4 had reduced visibility but nothing to the point of making you blind to the game. Having the mining helmet turned on helps this, but we still go to a full white out in the snow biome or forest biome when it snows.

Should I submit a bug report? Maybe I'll try 1.17 and see what it's doing and then let you know.

Thank you very much for all you do. Sorry to send bad news. We love all the new stuff in 1.16 though!

Refugee
    Dumb question but why are there such an overwhelming amount of dogs now. And why were airdrops nerfed so much?

Refugee

Zombies getting stuck on blocks

I haven't played in awhile, last time I had the spider zombies were able to climb up walls, which was a glitch I assume. However now the zombies get stuck on "one level high" blocks and seems to be stuck trying to jump/climb. It's rather embarrassing when showing new friends the game. They ask are they supposed to do that? I know they didn't use to. It's pretty ridiculous looking, best way I could describe it is like Pogo stick.....

They will get caught in a loop and not go around or climb on top of. Makes the horde boring when you can just watch them struggle and then kill them one by one.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Was something changed that doesn't allow zombies the ability to climb one level of block?

Xbox one console.
    Last edited by Florida cracker 4 7; 10-19-2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Xbox one console

Refugee

Crashed

Is this patch going to fix the constant game crashes! I love this but the constant crashing nearly every hour in a multiplayer game is getting pretty annoying.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida cracker 4 7 View Post
    I haven't played in awhile, last time I had the spider zombies were able to climb up walls, which was a glitch I assume. However now the zombies get stuck on "one level high" blocks and seems to be stuck trying to jump/climb. It's rather embarrassing when showing new friends the game. They ask are they supposed to do that? I know they didn't use to. It's pretty ridiculous looking, best way I could describe it is like Pogo stick.....

They will get caught in a loop and not go around or climb on top of. Makes the horde boring when you can just watch them struggle and then kill them one by one.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Was something changed that doesn't allow zombies the ability to climb one level of block?

Xbox one console.
    Spider zombies can climb any vertical surface so seeing them scaling walls is normal.

The thing with zombies getting stuck jumping up is a bug and they are working on it. I've seen a post that said they thought it was because the zombies were walking right up to the block before jumping and that's what gets them stuck - it can happen to players too. Hopefully a fix will soon be forthcoming.