Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [10/19] Message from the Team - Patch 12 Submitted!

Hi all !!

Ty for this update...

But still no "true" multiplayer mode (dedicated servers).
    So for me, the game will stay in the closet: '(:' (

Refugee

Possible

Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    The world generated will probably never be fixed. It is just the console limitations. If you viewed every inch of the world then the game would have to remember this and would cause to run in the background the whole time then you would have even more lag and such issues. So the game loades in chunks to keep the game less lag free (not completely) even if you been in the are or not. Like I said just the console limitations so probably something that isn't going to change. Maybe ps5 and Xbox two or what ever they will call it might have better hardware that can have these type of things load faster. Who knows and who knows if they will put this game on those systems.
    With the specs from the XBOX X i would say alot could change with this. New possibilities with stronger faster system.

Refugee

Patch 12

Man I just want electricity.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy5902 View Post
    With the specs from the XBOX X i would say alot could change with this. New possibilities with stronger faster system.
    MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm NO , sorry both the PS4 pro or what ever and the Xbox X aren't going to make that much of a difference the Game needs more CPU time and Faster RAM , though they both added more RAM (PS4 RAM is still faster again ) and more powerful GPU the CPU and Ram upgrades aren't enough to really make a difference , i mean don't get me wrong a player hosting a match with a new console will definitely get less machine lag than they did before but it will not eliminate it , in order for any new machine to make significant difference they'll need a . 3.5 GHz CPU with 16 gigs of RAM and RAM speeds of about , 2600 3000Mhz , and i don't see that happening to either console sorry , Voxel games aren't old height maping tech from 1997 , though voxel 3d games have been around for a while(i believe quake was voxel based 3d ) they were not commonly used cause no machine at the time could really make them look good, so instead you had fake 3d games like Duke nuke'em 3d , shadow warrior , heretic , redneck rampage these games all looked nicer than quake but there weren't really even 3d , that's why i think Voxel game engine is the future its the only game engine that reveals inferiority of the current most powerful machines , meaning its hinged upon Hardware advances being made , which is where Height map 3d game where 20 years ago , so in the future i imagine we will have voxel games that look like the most polished Height map 3d game to date , heck 7 days on PC looks amazing for a voxel game , by all sense a purposes 7 days should look more like minecraft but by some miracle or black magic its looks as good as it does and that's AMAZING

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy5902 View Post
    Like Jon Dillinger sorry but no. Xbox X is is just a Xbox one make over with some higher specs. But not enough to take care of what is needed. Like he said will it improve yeah I'm sure it will to a point. But still going to have the same type of issues just maybe a little less.

It isn't enough for them to make separate updates for it either they have explained this as well. So really not much possibilities you still going to get the same stuff but possibly less of it and I don't mean like way less either just less.

Just giving a heads up so you don't get your hopes up or anything like that.

Like I said we just have to wait and see possibly around 2019 or 2020 for the next Gen console to see what spec they will put in them. But again that is if this game will even cross over to those. Might be something else by then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rastapog View Post
    Hi all !!

Ty for this update...

But still no "true" multiplayer mode (dedicated servers).
    So for me, the game will stay in the closet: '(:' (
    I guess it will just stay in the closet for you then if that is what you are wanting. This isn't going to happen for console sorry.
    Last edited by crazywildfire; 10-21-2017 at 09:34 PM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfyre1983 View Post
    Man I just want electricity.
    But why? it's useless..

Refugee

Quick question

Is there any word or time frame that we will have more alpha 16 features brought to console? Like the new POIs, new zombies, new animals, and of course new buildable blocks and items? I've seen PC gameplay and I'm really excited and hopeful for it.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxis Gaming View Post
    Is there any word or time frame that we will have more alpha 16 features brought to console? Like the new POIs, new zombies, new animals, and of course new buildable blocks and items? I've seen PC gameplay and I'm really excited and hopeful for it.
    No word it will probably be several months before console gets another big content update. Speculation at the very least December or January but could be longer. Also could never happen as they haven't really said how much more console can handle. Or it could just be a few more things. No matter what it will still be awhile before any word on confirmation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyOne View Post
    But why? it's useless..
    Well that depends. If console can't handle all the new traps and such then yeah it be useless. If console can handle the new traps and such then no it really isn't that useless. Either way it isn't going to happen for awhile.

This thread is about the patches and such not future possible updates. So some of these questions should be in general discussion section or something.
    Last edited by crazywildfire; 10-22-2017 at 06:26 PM.

Reconstructionist
    Let me know when you go back to old mining, after you screwed up Horde Nights it was the only other fun thing in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealKiller231 View Post
    Let me know when you go back to old mining, after you screwed up Horde Nights it was the only other fun thing in the game.
    I've heard this argument numerous times, can someone please explain to me what has changed so drastically with mining that it ruined it? I recently started mining again, the last time I did it being before the first summer update, and aside from more sand and stone veins(gravel I guess) I haven't noticed any major differences. I know iron, and other ores I am guessing, have higher damage maximums. I just don't see how those small tweaks "ruined" mining. Seems roughly the same to me, aside from the previously mentioned tweaks, which as I stated aren't ruinous in nature to me.
    Last edited by MJS101104; 10-23-2017 at 05:09 AM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealKiller231 View Post
    It will not go back. If anything it be like A16 then you really not going to like it at the start because you can't spam craft to level tools up unless combined in the workstation. So when you start off at level 25 tools and no matter how many you make you will not go past 25 until you buy the next perk mining will take even longer. Still probably be a long time before this happens (if this happens) but either way it isn't going back.

plus I don't see how it is ruined either right now so I guess my opinion on it is different on that.

In my opinion you can not longer mine underground. too easy for cave in's with all that gravel. Digging in huge hole sites like in the real world seems to be the new mining and that is no fun on the consoles and the memory issues.

Compared to the huge amound of time and dirt you have to spend for some underground iron ore, you can currently farm 10 times of that by mining the surface ore stones.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    If you keep a stack of wood frames when mining, it's not a real big issue.

I do agree that the gravel needs to be reduced. It's like this on the PC also though.

Colony Founder
    mining is much harder then it should be. untile you get an auger

So does meat not make you smell anymore or is this a bug?
    Multiplayer world after this update..

Also no area of smell in discription. Sweet Iím guessing this was slipped in in this update
    Last edited by PantsThief; 10-24-2017 at 02:44 AM.