Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: [10/24] Message from the Team - Patch 12 going Live!

Refugee

Earth glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    It should be, but there was a single report of it after the last patch - still gathering info and making sure that this save was up to date etc and getting the team to double check, but we've gone from frequent mentions to 1 so far, so it's definitely going in the right direction either way!
    I don't know it this is related, but I have something similar to that now - basically, I set up my base at the farm, and build a perimeter combination of 3 high walls and four rows of wooden spike per side. However, after the latest update, when placing blocks and spikes on dirt, sometimes the ground square directly below the placed object disappears. it's easy enough to work around - just fill it in with dirt from the decorative menu - but it is irritating.

Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadesteele View Post
    I don't know it this is related, but I have something similar to that now - basically, I set up my base at the farm, and build a perimeter combination of 3 high walls and four rows of wooden spike per side. However, after the latest update, when placing blocks and spikes on dirt, sometimes the ground square directly below the placed object disappears. it's easy enough to work around - just fill it in with dirt from the decorative menu - but it is irritating.
    Would you mind submitting a bug report in the console bug reports section about this? It could be related but it might also be a different bug and I'd like to chase it.

Refugee
    Would you mind submitting a bug report in the console bug reports section about this? It could be related but it might also be a different bug and I'd like to chase it.
    Okay Clare, I will.

Refugee

When is this going to be up to the PC?

When is this going to be up to the Alpha 16.x on the PC? I own both but I play more games and have a lot more friends on the PS4, and I love being able to paint my stuff which you can't do currently, along with more zombie types etc, and then Alpha 17 supposed to have drivable cars.

Hi all,

Patch 12 is going live today at UTC 0:00 - If you missed the notes before, please check them out below.

As per usual...

- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
    - do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
    - keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
    - please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
    - I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

... and onto the notes!

------------

7 Days to Die [Console]
    Release Notes
    Patch 12.0
    PS4 Version 1.17
    XB1 Version 1.0.17.0

We’re back to bug fixing! Patch 12 is going to be released shortly. We have quite a few bug fixes and improvements in store for all of you. Check out the list below for a sneak peek!

Bug Fixes and Improvements
    Gameplay
    • Removed the "Run Forrest Run" perk because it could be exploited to break the stamina system
    • Fixed an issue that would prevent a player from receiving full payment for selling items in a rented vending machine
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the “Locate Trader” quest from being completed, even after interacting with a trader
    • Fixed an issue that required the player to close and reopen a rented vending machine’s interface to refresh the items list and amount of Duke’s Tokens available for collection
    • Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause items sold in bundles to become stuck in rented vending machines
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the map indicator for a rented vending machine from disappearing once the rent has expired
    • Fixed an issue that would increase the first player’s barter skill when the second player earned the increase in a split-screen game
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the smelting timer from updating upon replacing an item in the forge
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the last item in a smelting slot from being smelted when a player has the forge screen open
    • Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving the Basic Survival quest after quitting out of the game when the quest prompt is initially displayed
    • Fixed an issue that would cause a destroyed bedroll’s map indicator to persist upon rejoining a game
    • Fixed an issue that would cause some characters to spawn into the game already freezing or overheating

Art/Audio
    • Fixed an issue with terrain generation that would cause caves that spawned near water to corrupt the terrain around them
    • Fixed an issue that would cause terrain artifacts to appear when a large portion of the ground had been removed
    • Fixed an issue that caused some blocks to appear corrupted in the block placement preview
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the sitting animation to persist after the player had gotten off the minibike
    • Fixed an issue that would cause the size of a torch in an active toolbelt slot to shrink
    • Fixed a handful of spelling and grammatical errors in item names and descriptions

System/Stability
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the game to enter an unresponsive state after disconnecting and reconnecting a controller

Enjoy Patch 12! As always, let us know what you think!

The 7DTD Console Team

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma Hound View Post
    When is this going to be up to the Alpha 16.x on the PC? I own both but I play more games and have a lot more friends on the PS4, and I love being able to paint my stuff which you can't do currently, along with more zombie types etc, and then Alpha 17 supposed to have drivable cars.
    They will not give a time line. But my guess is console will get more A16 stuff when pc gets A17. Console will stay at least one alpha behind pc at least till it goes gold anyway.

Refugee

Too much fog

As much as i love playing 7 days.. since the update... it's been constant fog, out of 50 days I'm lucky if i get 5 days being clear. An option to set weather would be great or just remove the fog.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by TasteOfYou View Post
    As much as i love playing 7 days.. since the update... it's been constant fog, out of 50 days I'm lucky if i get 5 days being clear. An option to set weather would be great or just remove the fog.
    i think they put fog that reason the console cant't handle distance terrain.

for me it's cheating, but logging out and in recalculates the weather (at least in SP).

Reconstructionist

where's this fog everyone speaks of ????

i have had fog but nothing like what people are describing , and i'm not sure if it s a matter of perception or if they are really having issues with the fog , maybe a screen shot or something because from my perception you guys are just whining about nothing but again that's my perception

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
    i have had fog but nothing like what people are describing , and i'm not sure if it s a matter of perception or if they are really having issues with the fog , maybe a screen shot or something because from my perception you guys are just whining about nothing but again that's my perception
    I have seem some heavy fog but nothing where I can't see what I'm doing. It is the dang snow that bothers me. On pc I got a good rig that the graphics are not that bad but for console it just makes a big glare and can't see crap. It wouldn't bother me as much if I could collect it but no if it isn't in the snow biome then all you do is collect what the ground actually is. So it is more of a pain then anything on console. Other then that I mean I do like the fact that it snows but the color/brightness or something still needs worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
    It has to be the split screen fog people are complaining about. It does get pretty bad, plus trying to see things is harder anyway due to the smaller screen/play area.

It's definitely appreciated they tried to implement split screen, it's just a chore to play that way. I have a 50 inch screen in my basement that I sit maybe 5 ft from & even then it can be a pain to see in split screen.

I could NOT imagine attempting to play on anything smaller

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw_187 View Post
    It has to be the split screen fog people are complaining about. It does get pretty bad, plus trying to see things is harder anyway due to the smaller screen/play area.

It's definitely appreciated they tried to implement split screen, it's just a chore to play that way. I have a 50 inch screen in my basement that I sit maybe 5 ft from & even then it can be a pain to see in split screen.

I could NOT imagine attempting to play on anything smaller
    I can insure you it doesn't get much better at 65in screen either.

Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    I can insure you it doesn't get much better at 65in screen either.
    Lol, I don't imagine. Again, A for effort though. Seems like split screen is so hard to find these days.

Tracker
    I have to admit this is getting irritating...i see pc users still able to loot from a good distance away. They don't have ridiculous arrow drop yet either. Console has these "balances" to make it more realistic... fine. Why hasn't pc incurred these changes yet? Arrow drop? Fine. Give us sights on the crossbow like pc has! How about a 90 minute day cycle option?
    Idk what I'm trying to say. Haven't posted in a while, so I had to let out a couple of gripes I guess lol
    Last edited by Splitknuckler; 1 Week Ago at 10:33 PM.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Splitknuckler View Post
    I have to admit this is getting irritating...i see pc users still able to loot from a good distance away. They don't have ridiculous arrow drop yet either. Console has these "balances" to make it more realistic... fine. Why hasn't pc incurred these changes yet? Arrow drop? Fine. Give us sights on the crossbow like pc has! How about a 90 minute day cycle option?
    Idk what I'm trying to say. Haven't posted in a while, so I had to let out a couple of gripes I guess lol
    Lol go for it I guess.

But from what it looks like is that you been watching someone with mods or something. I play pc also and yeah a few things like this have changed in A16 but A16 still has arrow drops, looting objects are roughly the same in distance range as console. If you been seeing something different then you been watching someone that mod the game.