Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [10/24] Message from the Team - Patch 12 going Live!

A couple of things:

Wasn't the "Run Forest Run" perk removed back with the first Summer Update? I don't remember seeing it at all since then, at least I haven't been able to use it as an option since it was not there for me. Am I missing something?

The weather effect issues. I have yet to experience these problems myself, and with my last game I am on day 8 and have only had maybe 2 days with really crappy weather. The issue might actually be a split screen issue judging from the posts I have seen about it. If the weather affect is even remotely connected to split screen play, then it is possible that it could be causing the game to apply weather effects twice, couldn't it?

Lastly, has anyone else noticed a looping of the tired breathing sound effect that plays when your Stamina gets below 50%? I've had it happen to me twice thus far, and I don't know if it's something to do with my system or if it's an actual bug issue.
    Last edited by MJS101104; 10-25-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Tracker
    The weather effect is definitely a split screen issue. I do not see it when playing solo. a little snow throughout but not a white out like when you are player 2 on split screen and player 1 goes into the snow biome or burning forrest! lol

Refugee
    Is the MD5 bug fixed yet?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletProof2088 View Post
    First time poster, been playing since it first came out on the PlayStation 4.

Love this game. Absolutely love it. However, with this patch going live it makes me wonder if anyone has noticed the horrible weather/lighting this game tends to have after playing the same save for a while?

To further explain: my fiancée and I play quite often, and it seems like whenever we start a new game, be it random or Navezgane, the weather and lighting is absolutely amazing.. however, usually within the first 2-3 days it gets foggy and just... dark. Constantly. (I believe the fog and other weather conditions are multiplied twice whenever the game is played in split screen)

Now i can understand some visibility issues or other weather conditions occasionally, but when I can't see more than 5 blocks ahead of me with either a mining helmet or flashlight, at all times of the day, for weeks on end...

Is there any way the developers could add weather options? It would make the game SO much more enjoyable in my opinion.

Thank you very much for your time, and if this should be posted somewhere else or has been mentioned previously.. my apologies.
    I recently reported that when my brother and I play a private online multiplayer game, we get really heavy rain which lasts for around 24 game hours (now that gives way to snow on and off) - this usually happens around the three hour (real time) mark of playing. You can stop it by closing down and clearing your cache; it usually reverts to good weather.

Weather is meant to change randomly anywhere between 4 minutes and 4 hours in game time; fog, snow, rain, sun - you have a chance for all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MJS101104 View Post
    A couple of things:

Wasn't the "Run Forest Run" perk removed back with the first Summer Update? I don't remember seeing it at all since then, at least I haven't been able to use it as an option since it was not there for me. Am I missing something?

The weather effect issues. I have yet to experience these problems myself, and with my last game I am on day 8 and have only had maybe 2 days with really crappy weather. The issue might actually be a split screen issue judging from the posts I have seen about it. If the weather affect is even remotely connected to split screen play, then it is possible that it could be causing the game to apply weather effects twice, couldn't it?

Lastly, has anyone else noticed a looping of the tired breathing sound effect that plays when your Stamina gets below 50%? I've had it happen to me twice thus far, and I don't know if it's something to do with my system or if it's an actual bug issue.
    I thought 'run forest run' had already been removed too - glad to know it wasn't just me thinking this.

I know about the panting when stamina drops - I hear it too. My brother reported a bug about the sound looping some time ago, might be a resurgence of an old bug.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSvenVonGibson View Post
    They tend to add in as many trigger fixes as they can each patch. If you're still experiencing them, please make out a full bug report detailing what you did before it occured - you never know, you might just have found a new trigger or can shed a light on one they're trying to fix.

Also, check out the sticky thread about the terrain rewrites - there's a player found workaround for xbox players which could protect you from further losses.

Refugee

👍👍👍

I have the trader problem so that will be gone now...keep up the good work guys ...love it!!! Greets from belgium 👍👍

Refugee

Suggestion for 7 days to die Playstation 4

The 7DTD Console Team[/QUOTE]

I have a good suggestion for you for the next update,
    and you have to make sure that you can play with the mouse and keyboard on the Playstation 4

Refugee

Patch 12 fixes

I didn't see any mention of the MD5 error. Did they fix this error or is it still affecting bases? We had to make another world when it affected our old world which was on day 93. We DO NOT want this happening on this world...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian122496 View Post
    I didn't see any mention of the MD5 error. Did they fix this error or is it still affecting bases? We had to make another world when it affected our old world which was on day 93. We DO NOT want this happening on this world...
    First off, if they come out and say they fixed the MD5 error and another trigger causes it, I have no doubt that those asking if it has been fixed will be the first ones to start screaming that the dev team are liars. We know that the MD5 error had many triggers, one of which is actually a hardware limitations that the dev team has absolutely no means in which to correct. So even if the dev team manages to eliminate absolutely ever software based trigger for MD5 error, it still will not completely eliminate it because of the hardware limitation that is also a cause.

So a broad "is the MD5 error fixed" cannot be answered honestly due to circumstance. The dev team is damned if they do and damned if they don't. The questions this: Have any more of the other triggers for the MD5 errors been found? Which I will go out on a limb and guess that they have, since every update does seem to make the game more and more stable.

Refugee
    Enjoy Patch 12! As always, let us know what you think!

The 7DTD Console Team[/QUOTE]

LOVE EVERYTHING!!! except for 1 new bug, will post on appropriate thread.
    also when will consol be getting those wicked fans of doom and turrets?

Refugee
    So has anyone else noticed that you can now scrap out of containers. Thank the madmole himself. Was just playing for an hour and it took me that hour to realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnageWay View Post
    So has anyone else noticed that you can now scrap out of containers. Thank the madmole himself. Was just playing for an hour and it took me that hour to realize it.
    Correct, I actually posted in the old “patch submitted” on accident earlier today confirming this.

Scrap in containers
    New timer in forges.
    Broken smell icon. (Bug already submitted)

Trying to think what else has been added.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSvenVonGibson View Post
    Im just going to quote what is said on page one by the great Clare.

I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

Now anyone want to take bets on how long it will take before someone asks again?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by PantsThief View Post
    Im just going to quote what is said on page one by the great Clare.

I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

Now anyone want to take bets on how long it will take before someone asks again?

The thing is or at least one thing. To my knowledge I don't recall them ever saying thry fixed MD5 error. But they obviously have fixed some of it because it still happening but no where near what it used to. Granted some say they get them more now and that could be true but still has improved as a whole more then anything. Point is some fixes to MD5 error get tweaked in every update but with so many triggers they are not going to say yes we fixed it and then someone triggers a new way.

Scavenger
    Weather options sound fun. I've been calling for underground lava since 7 days came to console. I personally do alot of digging and don't get into zombie attacks often because I literally dig tunnels everywhere. Adding underground hazards other than just cave ins would be great.