Page 111 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2185

Thread: [WIP] STARVATION Mod for A16

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortelentus View Post
    If it's not blinking, it does not have enough power.
    Does it spawn survivors under the ground?

It is connected to my grid, as you can see here: https://i.imgur.com/jlEf4eA.jpg

And here is my generator: https://i.imgur.com/lpewe78.jpg

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by carpediembr View Post
    Does it spawn survivors under the ground?

It is connected to my grid, as you can see here: https://i.imgur.com/jlEf4eA.jpg

And here is my generator: https://i.imgur.com/lpewe78.jpg
    My tower is at bedrock underground and it works. It spawns about a person a day or so. Maybe run an experiment in offline CREATIVE MODE and put a radio tower in a POI and one not in a POI and give it a test. Check for the light and make sure its working.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Crable View Post
    My tower is at bedrock underground and it works. It spawns about a person a day or so. Maybe run an experiment in offline CREATIVE MODE and put a radio tower in a POI and one not in a POI and give it a test. Check for the light and make sure its working.
    Alright thanks! the light is working. As you can see here: https://imgur.com/a/B5lJ5

Does your radio tower hit any ceiling as in, it's light is blocked while underground?

Survivor
    Alright thanks! the light is working. As you can see here: https://imgur.com/a/B5lJ5

Does your radio tower hit any ceiling as in, it's light is blocked while underground?
    The tower can go right through the ceiling and it should still work. Maybe you are just getting unlucky with your spawns. Again, I would try it out in a fresh single player map with creative mode and see if it works. You can rule out a lot of reasons by running an experiment.

Hunter
    ... and NPCs look for food either inside their own inventory or in a 16 block radius...
    Their own Inventory! This is the first time I hear about it and it opens a lot of new options here for placing. Is it spoilage-safe?

@carpediembr: do you spend some time close to the activated beacon? I noticed the crafting of the mechanic and smith will pause while the area isn't loaded. So maybe if you minibike in and out quickly, it doesn't have enough time to produce survivors.
    Last edited by Katlima; 02-05-2018 at 11:53 PM.

If it's not blinking, it does not have enough power.
    I also had the same issue, hooked up the tower to the generator bank, turned it on, no blinking. However, it spawned plenty of survivors which was good but odd. Been working fine ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by mdf25 View Post
    I also had the same issue, hooked up the tower to the generator bank, turned it on, no blinking. However, it spawned plenty of survivors which was good but odd. Been working fine ever since.
    I'll take a look when possible... I know energy has some problems when it's near a chunk frontier, not sure if that's the case for either of you.

NOTE TO EVERYONE - Farm animals were indeed bugged, but I think I fixed them. And here's another small tip to you guys, before next patch. Build some roofs for your farm animals.

Scavenger
    Well, yesterday I moved in to another place (quite far from that POI) and underground.

Yet, no survivor. https://i.imgur.com/qnzueLE.jpg

I'm doing something wrong... no idea what

Well, yesterday I moved in to another place (quite far from that POI) and underground.

Yet, no survivor. https://i.imgur.com/qnzueLE.jpg

I'm doing something wrong... no idea what
    Leave several blocks of space around the underground tower or the survivors will spawn inside the walls and be stuck so you don't see them.

Supposedly, that is what Mortelentus has said above. I will check it out myself.
    You need to complete Paccos quest to gain access to the game room.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    Leave several blocks of space around the underground tower or the survivors will spawn inside the walls and be stuck so you don't see them.
    Should this space be enough for them to spawn?

https://i.imgur.com/9A9sc2a.jpg

Tracker
    Farm animals are being fixed, since the bug was finally identified.

1) some ranges are in xml, some are harcoded. I can tell you out of my head that plants look for water in a 7 block radius, and NPCs look for food either inside their own inventory or in a 16 block radius, give it or take it... It's a good idea not to have too many fridges near survivors, since they will look for the closest one, and it's harder to keep multiple fridges with the correct supplies... Also remember they don't need direct access to it, like the animals, so they may find one on a different room and try to use that one... I will review this procedure when possible.

2) there are a few way actually: find the farmer npc and finish the quest, be lucky enough to loot one (VERY rare and only drops on one place), or be lucky enough to get one on Pacco's slot machines. Quest can only be done once, but you can loot more then one... They are not currently breedable, but since Tormentedemu is making nice stuff with mounts, who knows maybe they'll get to be a lot more useful in the future.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO EVERYONE: next patch will bring weather seasons. It will all be configurable via xml, so that server managers or individual players can opt out of it or configure their own season distribution. The patch is not far away, so I thought I would give a heads up to let you guys discuss that with your groups to make a decision before it drops.
    16 blocks? I thought it was only 5 blocks? Hmm. We can win more than coins from the game room????

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I first wanted to say thanks for creating this mod. It really really really enhances vanilla. I have a few questions myself:

In reference to the post above about pigs, I too noticed that my goats reproduce but my pigs have never reproduced once. My chickens and rabbits eat food and drink water but my larger live stock (pigs and goats) do not eat or drink water.

I too have a couple questions question!

1) Is there an XML file for the mod or someplace I can somehow look at the code to kind of figure out what's actually going on? For example, I know the wiki has some basic info like what NPC's eat, but I am looking for really specific things like how many blocks away does an NPC eat from, and how far does water travel in dirt for farming, and how far do the repellents work. Just a lot of little questions on mechanics.

2) How do you get a donkey / mule?

Thanks!
    On our MP game we found an NPC that looked like a bobby, and he gave us a quest to get a donkey. We found him in a random hose in a city.
    Last edited by PurgatoryWolf; 02-06-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Tracker
    We started getting this today on our server.

Parameter name: s
    ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    It's posting over and over. It posts this twice every 30 seconds.

also
    2018-02-06T18:41:02 5739.924 WRN Player Archetype 'BuilderBobBoss' not found! Using Base UMA Archetype.
    Last edited by PurgatoryWolf; 02-07-2018 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurgatoryWolf View Post

also
    'BuilderBobBoss' is not part of starvation and is not on any of our xmls, no idea where that comes from?

Quote Originally Posted by PurgatoryWolf View Post

also
    Thats probably from a player who has that archetype on their local game, and when the game saves the player data (every 30 secs) it reports the error.