Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In light of the new Alpha 17 POI creator

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Yes. It is definitely more than idle chatter. Workshop support for prefabs and whole designed maps (alternatives to Navezgane) are planned. I believe the Pimps themselves already have an alternate map that they started on back before random gen was created. It got tabled because between Navezgane and random gen that was all the time they had. But I could see them completing that new map later and making it available on workshop as an example for others.

AKA: "Strategic Waiting With Style"
    Will we be able to create new plots for the maps that we will post to Steam Workshop?

Oh the lag....

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by kidmo31 View Post
    Maybe release the creator to your community and add Steam workshop integration to load different size plots for houses, arenas , shops, Utilities and such since they are already programmed sizes in Random Gen. You have a avid group of builders who would do wonders in this game.... Or maybe do a path like Rust does where they can be voted on or reviewed to be included in the game. Might be fast path to get tons of new POIs
    The XML files are still a mess unfortunately, adding POIs and mods through workshop isn't really possible yet I don't think. As far as I can tell, the only way to add a mod, poi or other, to the game is to edit the main files and replace them entirely so youll be stuck with a single mod at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    Oh the lag....

But oh so sweet !!!
    I would lower my graphics settings for that :P

Well - my suggestion was to have TFP - grab some stuff like Magolis' Compo Pack, one of the "Bigger Back Pack Mods" and BAMB!!! Tonne's of Prefabs! Magoli Compo Pack is great collection in itself!

Also - instead of ID numbers having a 'reference label' instead could be a work around for the changing ID numbers... Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadamier View Post
    Well - my suggestion was to have TFP - grab some stuff like Magolis' Compo Pack, one of the "Bigger Back Pack Mods" and BAMB!!! Tonne's of Prefabs! Magoli Compo Pack is great collection in itself!

Also - instead of ID numbers having a 'reference label' instead could be a work around for the changing ID numbers... Just saying.
    id numbers are gone in a17.