Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravenhearst Mod

Ravenhearst Mod

Ravenhearst has descended upon us! Ravenhearst is an SDX mod that adds over 200 new items, stations, weapons, decorative pieces and more to give you an experience like never before. Military presence in the Wastelands, Awful creatures that come out to play at night and an overhauled Progression system that rewards players of all types while increasing the distance it takes to get to the end game are some of the things awaiting your play through.

Keep in Mind this is a mod that is very much a work in progress. There will be frequent updates and game save wipes when necessary. We can NOT offer help or support to older version of the Mod. Please stay Current if Possible.

2.2 was a huge unexpected success and with 3.0 we tried our hardest to deliver a more rewarding and complete experience for all of you. This version is a labor of love for sure by many people. Our goal was to slow every possible gameplay style a bit to give a more rewarding and hopefully more scary survival experience. Day one will NOT be easy this go around!

My first endeavour was very much a solo project with some input from our server members. This time around we assembled a team of the best people who understood what Ravenhearst is about. I want to give a second to thank them. You should as well. Without them, their hours of testing, arguing, discussion, brainstorming and blood sweat and tears 3.0 would not be what it is right now.

Sinder, for being loyal as F and for her reassuring talks in my time of anger and doubt. She put in hours upon hours of questing, testing, starting over, designing our town for our server and good lord going over descriptions with a fine tooth comb. There is so much more that I can never truly thank her enough for.

Dan Capo for his tireless work in food balancing, poi editing and pouring over XMLS for mistakes, misspellings, categories and so much more. Dan has truly been a gift to our mod. When you die of hunger, please give Dan a special thought

Fallen Dice for his firmness on balancing, and helping me to see things when I was very biased in one direction. Frantic Dan for his work on checking weapons and balancing as well as progression and his patience in starting over. Copendub for his countless hours of testing during a busy schedule. Bradmin for his loyalty and his ideas as well as his help on the test servers, along with 2nd Recon for his inspiring ideas. Dex for his friendship and advice. So many people came together to make this mod special.

Also bear in mind that there are SDX models in this game and as such loading times may be a bit slower than usual. Patience will be the key here. If you do experience in game lag turning down zombies can help with this.

I want to give credit and thanks to those who have influenced me in ways I can not express. Pacco, Valmar, Dwallorde, sphereii, Guppycur, drkstardragon, Spider, Xyth, Skippy, Xtrakicking, StompyNZ and so many others who without your help and guidance I couldn't have made this mod possible.

Special Thanks to Sirillion for working with us to create the awesome UI you see in game. You can check out his work here

For another fantastic SDX mod check out Sergant1000 and his Experimental Recipes mod. Over the year of piecing together some of this mod we have included his pickaxe and his water bottles.

A very special thank you to Xyth, Morte and the rest of the Starvation Team. The Vintorez model is indeed the model used in Starvation. This may not be distributed or used without their permission.

Starvation

Special thank you to Kaiser502 for his radiated sewers and generators.

Thank you to Scomar for the German Translations. If you wish to translate for us in any other language please contact me.

Special shout to Tin and his fantastic work on random gen and his discussions on Zombie AI. We have used many of his tweaks over the course of developing Ravenhearst and they have made our mod that much stronger. Check out his AWESOME harddcore mod The Devils Eden

TopMinder gets a HUGE thank you for his awesome and amazing POIs like the Hospital. Andyjoki's Pyramid is a HUGE end game goal in Ravenhearst. We are eternally grateful for letting us include them.

MANY huge thanks to a very talented new SDX modder for allowing the use of his vehicles in our mod stedman420.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Hosting

Host Your Own Ravenhearst Server

Bluefang currently hosts the 7 Day version and Streamer version of Ravenhearst! Just select the Ravenhearst option that is best for you! Their setup is flexible and offers everything you need. Want to upload your OWN XML edits and mods for others to play on your server? You can do that EASILY with full FTP Access.

We have trusted them for over 2 years for all of our server needs and we experience NO downtime, NO lagging and unparalleled security from all outside threats. It really can not be beat.

If you decide to rent with Bluefang using this link 5 percent of the sale will go towards adding new assets into the mod and is a great way to support its development. Bluefang is offering Ravenhearst free of any additional charges to their customers.

NON Referral Direct Link To Bluefang

Referral Link Below

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated Server Links for 3.1.3

The links below contain The entire Ravenhearst 3.1.3 Install, including Dedi files. They are an all in one for people who wish to play Single Player by direct downloading and can also be used by server managers or owners to place on their machines to run RH for a server.

7 Days Horde Version Server Files

The normal 7 day Blood Moon version for servers

21 Days Horde Version Server Files

Perfect for "always on" servers. You will get Blood Moons on every 21st day. Gamestages are also tweaked for this new Blood Moon schedule so hordes will not escalate too quickly.

7 Day Horde Streamer Version Server Files

Normal 7 Day Blood Moons but more streaming friendly. Features of this version include no nude/stripper zombies, profanity from traders and bandits removed no children zombies and copyright sound effects from the Night Terrors replaced to ensure DMCA free uploading.

21 Day Horde Streamer Version Files

21 Day Blood Moons but with the features of the Streamer version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra Files

Disabled Temperatures 3.1.3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived 2.2 Files

The following links will remain permanent if you would like to go back to 2.2 or continue an old save. These files each include all the extra files in a seperate folder like Extra Spawning, Disabled Weather etc. All links also provide the server files for each version.

7 Day Horde Edition v2.2

This is the default Ravenhearst mod with 7 day hordes, weather, nude zombies etc. Includes Server Files.

21 Day Horde Edition v2.2

This is the 21 Day Blood Moon Edition with all default settings. Includes Server Files.

7 Day Horde Streamer Friendly v2.2

This is the 7 Day Blood Moon Edition with Streamer Friendly settings including no nudity, no profanity and all copyrighted audio removed. Includes Server Files.

21 Day Horde Streamer Friendly v2.2

This is the 21 Day Blood Moon Edition with Streamer Friendly settings including no nudity, no profanity and all copyrighted audio removed. Includes Server Files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD MOD USING THE LAUNCHER

The best way to download and STAY updated is through the Mod Launcher. This ensures you get the latest up to date files and also offers you way more variety in not only my mod but multiple other mods too. Designed by sphereii the Mod Launcher is an essential tool for the 7 Days Mod Playing Enthusiast.

Current Version: 3.1.3
    Last edited by JaxTeller718; 6 Days Ago at 03:18 AM.

Patch: 3.1.3
    NO Wipe Needed
    Required File Updates - items.xml, recipes.xml, blocks.xml, localization.xml, windows.xml, quests.xml, entityclasses.xml, localization - quest.xml, rwgmixer.xml, Icons Folder

-Fixed Capitalization Error in Blender

-More German Translations thanks to Scomar

-Added missing Localization descriptions thanks to Makabriel

-Mushrooms now have a chance to give a seed back when using the hoe

-Looted Colored clothing and armor can now be sold

-Engines can now be scrapped for Car Parts

-Fixed LSAT magazine sizes

-Buckets now stack to 10 and Buckets of water (required for Concrete Mix) now stack to 5

-Concrete Mix has been completely revamped with a new recipe that requires buckets of water and increased mats.

-Additional classes now require 1 forged steel to craft

-Trail Mix is now made in the Mortar and Pestle

-Cheese recipe fixed

-Added a second skyscraper group so more skyscraper varieties will spawn (May require map reset or unexplored areas of map to be uncovered to notice)

-Herd Zombies hitboxes redone to be tighter and more fluid. Animations worked on a bit but still require work (2 glitched Herd Zombies with white textures are still spawning and can not be removed without breaking the quest)

This update does NOT require any wipes or restarts, refresh your Launcher and make sure you see version 3.1.3 in the Version in the description. To check which version you are on you will want to hit "Escape" i game and check under the logo to see the version you are running. Bluefang has been sent the update but I am unsure how long it will take them to upload them to the servers so that you can update.

Patch: 3.1.1
    NO Wipe Needed
    Required File Updates - items.xml, gamestages.xml, blocks.xml, localization.xml, windows.xml

-Added Sell Value back to all guns

-Reduced Pistol Sell Price

-Lowered Gamestage Multiplier

-Added More German Translation

-Removed Unneeded Commas from Blocks.xml

-Slightly raised Stamina Drain on Pitchfork.

This hotfix does NOT require any restarts or wipes and will not break anything in your game. It is recommended to upgrade to this because of the gamestage fix. Gamestages were going up punishingly fast for players who had zero deaths.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I know a few of you have been looking for support and to have questions answered. I have been absolutely swamped with work, RL and working on 3.1 that I do not frequently have time to be able to come here and answer all questions. Your best bet is to head over to Discord and there are a number of VERY knowledgeable players and mods, myself included, that are always around to answer questions. It is a very active and great community. You will also find discussions on upcoming 3.0 features and guides to a lot of mechanics in Ravenhearst.

https://discord.gg/YBHD9f3
    Last edited by JaxTeller718; 6 Days Ago at 03:20 AM.

Class List for 3.0

Each class provides exclusive recipes and tools or weapons. Listed below is what you can expect.

**Handguns Class**

Pistol
    9mm Bullets
    Ability to craft 9mm Bullets
    Recipe to repair and disassemble Pistol
    Handguns Questline
    Repair Kits and Repair Kit Schematic
    Exclusive Assembly of the Desert Eagle
    Exclusive Access to Ammo Crafting

**Rifles Class**

Includes all Assault, Hunting and Sniper Rifles
    SMG
    9mm Bullets
    Ability to craft 9mm Bullets
    Recipe to repair and disassemble the SMG
    Rifle Questline
    Exclusive Assembly of the M25 Sniper

**Shotguns Class**

Sawed Off Shotgun
    Shotgun Shells
    Ability to craft Shotgun Shells
    Recipe for the Sawed Off Shotgun and Ammo
    Shotguns Questline
    Exclusive Assembly of the Double Barrel Shotgun

**Bows Class**

Crossbow
    Ability to craft Stone Crossbow Bolts
    Recipe for the Crossbow
    Bows Questline
    Exclusive Access to the Crossbow Repeater
    Exclusive Access to Iron and Steel Arrow Crafting

**Blunt Weapons Class**

Spiked Club
    Blunt Weapon Questline
    Spiked Club Schematic
    Exclusive Access to craft Lucille
    Forged Iron to Repair the Club

**Blade Weapons Class**

Kukri
    Blade Weapons Questline
    Exclusive Access to the Katana
    Forged Iron to Repair the Knife
    Hunting Knife Recipe

**Farming Class**

Iron Hoe (Through Quests)
    Seed Packs (Through Quests)
    Blunderbuss
    Blunderbuss Ammo
    Mortar and Pestle Recipe
    Pitchfork
    Ability to craft Seeds
    Exclusive Access to the Composter
    Exclusive Access to Seed Crafting
    Exclusive Access to the Water Well
    Exclusive Access to the Double Blunderbuss

**Survival Class**

Claw Hammer
    Wooden Bow
    Iron Arrows
    Skinning Knife (Through Quests)
    Butcher Knife (Through Quests)
    Cooking Grill and Pot (Through Quests)
    Extra Food Items
    Exclusive Access to craftable jars, Stoves, Dew Collector, Pot, Grill and Chicken Coop

**Medical Class**

Extra Medical Supplies like bandages, kits, and crafting items
    Scalpel
    Medical Questline
    Exclusive Access to crafting antibiotics and first aid kits
    Beaker (Through Quests)
    Exclusive Access to better splints and bandages

**Average Joe Class**

Hardcore Class gets barely nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods That Have Inspired Me And Ones You Should Definitely Check Out

The Remaining

War of the Walkers

Valmod

Craftworx

A Clockwork Project

GNAMod

Starvation

ComSenMod

Bad Company

True Survival

Darkness Falls

The Devils Eden

In the Launcher under Dawn of the New Apocalypse you will find a few different versions. You will see Single Player editions one with the 7 days Hordes and one with the 21 Day Hordes by sphereii. You will also find a Streamer Friendly version of the mod since it has been discussed without the nude zombies or the profanity from the traders as well as the removed audio files from the Nightmares so you can upload to YouTube without getting hit with a DMCA notice. The final 2 links are for our private community. Test Branch is used exclusively for testing new mods and changes and is not considered playable. The final link is the install that we use on our Private White Listed Server and is not intended to be used for Single Player, only by the members of our Server Community.
    Last edited by JaxTeller718; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:19 PM.

Setting Up a Server (Special Thanks to BMT for these Instructions)

Quote Originally Posted by BMT View Post
    I just started too but it's not too hard to setup compared to other games. here's how I have a working setup for a dedicated running from a local machine, that also connects as a client to play.

Install 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server in your Steam tools library. (and install 7 Days To Die itself already if you haven't )

Get yourself 7D2D RAT (Remote Admin Tool), along with the BCManager and server fix mods it tells you to get on its download page. Get the 7D2D Mod Launcher, set your mod install destination to anything outside of your Steam install and then install whichever day schedule you're planning on playing (using the option to copy from your steam directory), so in my case I got Ravenhearst SDX SP 21 Day Blood Moons (which will make that folder where you have specified - eg. C:\7D2D\Dawn_of_the_New_Apocalypse\Ravenhearst_SDX _SP_21_Day_Blood_Moons\ - I'll refer to this as Ravenhearst Install).

Extract the 2x mods required for 7D2D RAT (BCManager and 3x Allocs_ folders) into your Ravenhearst Install mods folder.

Copy the 7DaysToDieServer_Data, Data and Mods folder from your 7 Days To Die Dedicated Server folder (in your SteamLibrary/steamapps/common) to the Ravenhearst Install. Also copy the 7DaysToDieServer.exe* from your dedicated folder to the Ravenhearst Install.

Configure your server settings using 7D2D RAT. If you are running the host from the same machine make sure to check 'Enable Local Server'. Make sure the Server Path dir is set to your Ravenhearst Install. Set the executable name to 7DaysToDieServer.exe*. Make sure Telnet is enabled in the connections tab (essential for controlling the server with RAT). Click Start server, if its the first time making the server and using a new seed give it a while to generate the world, it may seem unresponsive for a few minutes. Then you and your peeps join using the Mod Launcher!

Update, minor notes: If you play a private server with friends you don't need to worry about using EAC. Make sure you and your players have "Refresh Mods Automatically" checked in your Mod Launcher!

Official White Listed Server

While everyone here is allowed to use this mod on their servers as they see fit we DO have an Official Server where this mod was developed and where you can find various members from this thread and forum playing occasionally, as well as myself and my wife. We have been proud to offer a safe and fun interactive community for over 2 years now. You may sign up to our website here if you are interested in playing with us. Keep in mind you will need to fill out an application and have no other Vac or 7 Days GBL bans to join us. We are a PVE server.

Dawn of the New Apocalypse Website

Application

------------------------------------------

Streamers Who Have Streamed Ravenhearst

A Huge thank you to the following for getting immersed into the world of Ravenhearst!

Mike Pope

Grumbul
    My IDOL has finally done a play of Ravenhearst! Please check it out.

KnightRath
    Amazing member of our Discord community. VERY entertaining and incredibly sexy

Boop
    Boop is a streamer on our official server who streams from the server

Lumun

TexCubSF
    Another idol of mine in the streaming community who play ALL types of mods

Malivia Gaming

SecondClassElitist

Games4Kickz
    The LEGEND!

TheSupas

SunBunnie888
    VERY loyal Ravenhearst Hardcore Streamer

CrypticGirl
    Cryptic streams from our server and also does LetsPlays!

Grinnie

GameEdged

Games4Kickz YouTube Lets Plays

Syntx81

Copendub
    Member of our official server very active in our Discord

Amrath
    Member of our official server very active in our Discord

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by JaxTeller718; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:55 PM.

What is Ravenhearst

-Redesigned Weapon and Tool Progression. There are now Primitive Crafting, Iron Crafting and Steel Crafting Skills. Each tool and weapon has been assigned to these and you can not unlock the next tier until you have progressed in the first one.

-The campfire is now only for basic necessities. To make more complex recipes you will need the new Advanced Campfire. For the best wellness and fullness there are several stoves which you can use to cook more complex recipes.

-Bigger Backpack now carries 72 items

-Storage Box you can write on using text inputs. In MP this is a bit buggy as the players near you wont be able to see what you write, only you can.

-Night terrors that only come out at night do significant damage and are hard to kill but the rewards may JUST be worth it! These are mostly found in Wasteland and Burnt Biomes.

-Stations with new and updated models include a Blacksmithing Station for crafting tool heads, which you use to make tools and weapons, Drying Rack for curing leather and hides and making paper as well as Jerky and Trail Mix, Tailor Station for crafting leather and cloth armor and clothing and a Decoration Station which includes dozens of new recipes and blocks for all of your decorating needs.

-New melee weapons to make melee fun including Katanas, Pipes, Axes, Knives and Spears.

-New models for Rain Catchers, Chicken Coops and Composters.

-Trash Can that allows you to place items in and empty them like a real trash can

-Sphereii's Transmogrifier that mixes and matches zombies of all types for a unique and scary experience

-21 Day Blood Moon Hordes option that will only spawn a Blood Moon on 21 Days giving you time to prepare and some breathing space. Subsequent hordes spawn on Days 42, 63, 84 etc. There is also a regular 7 Day Blood Moon Horde version.

-Workbench is now split into 2 benches, regular does your normal backpack recipes with no tools and no combine, Advanced does workbench only recipes with tools and has a combine feature.

-New guns based off Walkers models and new models for some brand new guns. These guns have different sounds and scopes and bring a new feel to the gun game in 7 Days.

-Diamond encrusted tools that give an end game advantage.

-Steel and Diamond Minibikes

-Redone Ores in Biomes. Made Biomes more important. Now you NEED to find other biomes and set up mining outposts. Snow gives more Potassium, Burnt gives more Coal and Fertilizer, Desert gives more Oil, All Forests give more Iron, Plains gives more Lead and Wastelands give Copper, Zinc and more chances of finding Diamonds. Gravel usually leads to veins but you may need to dig around a little to find an ore

-New traps like fire traps, dirt traps that you can place over a hole and exploding chest traps for nosy neighbors.

-Food Prep Table for preparing meals and cutting meat.

-Skill books you can find in the world that give you extra points in skills when you read them.

-Seeds are now crafted in the Mortar and Pestle, which also does a few other recipes. Seeds are now restricted to the Farmer Class. Aloe is open to all.

-The Auger and Chainsaw now are part of the Electric Tools skill. When you use them this skill will level up.

-New Cooking perk that you can purchase which will speed up Cooking and grant you access to Advanced Cooking recipes.

-Extended Magazines and Scopes and Silencers for all the basic guns in the game.

-Over 100 craftable blocks added from Creative.

-Craftable electric charges you can apply to fences and some weapons to make electrified items.

-Halicopter you can craft will take your loot home for you! The recipes is currently disabled but can be enabled in the recipes.xml. This will cause major issues on MP servers so do NOT use them on MP.

-Craftable bricks that are used to make all brick blocks.

-Skill that allows you to breathe underwater longer

-Messy and Dirty buffs that you can pick up from looting corpses. You can make a wet towel to clean off. If you do not clean up in time the mess will get worse and you will need a soapy wet towel. Ignoring it for too long will result in infection.

-Infection has been redone slightly to make it more deadly.

-Multiple new workstation tools that you must find in loot in order to craft items in stations.

-Sticks make their triumphant return! Wood can be scrapped into sticks to make arrows splints and more.

-Craftable polished wood and textile that is used in all extra decorating recipes so they are easier to find.

-Snakes now poison you. You will need Anti Venom to heal yourself.

-The forge is now a basic item that can craft only the simplest of items. For more advanced crafts you will need to unlock and craft an Advanced Forge.

-Mining and construction tools now have a very rare chance to drop and can only be found in traders through Secret Stash. This is to curb getting too many great tools early on and make them feel quite special when you do get them.

-Over 60 unique and rare posters with more being added that you can collect and hang on your wall

-Harvesting items now gives Leather Strips instead of Straight Leather which must be combined to make Leather. Using a Drying Rack is now mandatory for curing all leather.
    Last edited by JaxTeller718; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:52 PM.

This looks great, looking forward to try this one

Is there a Dedicated Server download?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lorax View Post
    Is there a Dedicated Server download?
    Yes there will be very shortly. Had to get our server up and running quickly. Doing that now

Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Yes there will be very shortly. Had to get our server up and running quickly. Doing that now
    Roger. Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like it will be an interesting mod.

Dedicated versions now uploaded in the third post for those who enjoy co-op and server play

Reconstructionist Darkstardragon's Avatar
    Holy cow jax, now i know why you were taking your time lol. All i gotta say is i better be whitelisted

Scavenger
    this mod looks really cool

but im finding it hard to "compare" all the diffrent large mods.
    like what can this mod do that starwation cant... and the other way around ?

canadus

Quote Originally Posted by Canadus View Post
    this mod looks really cool

but im finding it hard to "compare" all the diffrent large mods.
    like what can this mod do that starwation cant... and the other way around ?

canadus
    Well I can say this two years ago this mod started out as something for just our server. We piled in a bunch of ideas from our favorite mods at the time. We have been tweaking tuning and adding ever since, so it is two years of rebalancing and adding.

We have some new models like Starvation does. Not their models of course. But we focus more in slow progression and a zombie apocalypse so there are a lot of zombies, no killer animals like Starvation. We offer a lot of gun choices, but our focus is primarily on keeping the player interested in the long game. It is not as detailed as something like True Survival or Starvation though. If you enjoy mods like Walker or Valmod but with a pinch of progression difficulty then you should enjoy this.

Scavenger
    thank you alot for info.
    so manney mods.... so little time.
    personaly i love true survival,, love it hard.. but its time for me to try something else.
    do you have somekind of list of whats added,,,, new weapons ?? armors ??

cheers
    Canadus

Quote Originally Posted by Canadus View Post
    thank you alot for info.
    so manney mods.... so little time.
    personaly i love true survival,, love it hard.. but its time for me to try something else.
    do you have somekind of list of whats added,,,, new weapons ?? armors ??

cheers
    Canadus
    By my own admission Documentation is my weak point. What you see above right now is how far I have gotten but I do plan on adding much more to the documentation.

Our armor includes steel and Diamond Coated, there are 2 sniper rifles on top of the vanilla ones. 3 Assault Rifles, a handful of new melee weapons like bats, a pipe, 3 knives, a Katana, a Grenade that explodes on impact when thrown, Desert Eagle, Silenced Weapons, Vanilla Extended Mag Weapons, shock weapons like electrified sledgehammer, machete, spike club and pipe.

There are more but this is off the top of my head right now.