Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impressions on Xbox One X & 7D2D

An unfortunate update to my experience. Last night I played co-op and got a crash at 2h 15m. No MD5 tho I did delete local save file after the crash.

After finishing up the co-op game I played solo for another 2 hours and had another crash. So my earlier play sessions that went longer than 2 hours (3-1/2 in one case) must have been luck. The game just likes to die for me every 2 hours. X1X doesn't solve that bug (or bugs). Not that it should, given that it's essentially a beefed-up Xbox One S, but I had hoped that the extra RAM was buying more play time before whatever memory leaks there are blew up the game. Guess not.

Co-op minibike rides are better for me now, since the terrain loading is keeping up with the bike. It's still only 4 or 5 chunks ahead of the bike that "distant terrain" is being loaded with full detail as I ride, but I'm no longer hitting the end of the detail textures and having to stop the bike to wait for the world to pop into view. It's like riding 100m behind a wave of grass, tree, and zombie eruptions.

Refugee

Local save file

Quote Originally Posted by Boidster View Post
    An unfortunate update to my experience. Last night I played co-op and got a crash at 2h 15m. No MD5 tho I did delete local save file after the crash.

After finishing up the co-op game I played solo for another 2 hours and had another crash. So my earlier play sessions that went longer than 2 hours (3-1/2 in one case) must have been luck. The game just likes to die for me every 2 hours. X1X doesn't solve that bug (or bugs). Not that it should, given that it's essentially a beefed-up Xbox One S, but I had hoped that the extra RAM was buying more play time before whatever memory leaks there are blew up the game. Guess not.

Co-op minibike rides are better for me now, since the terrain loading is keeping up with the bike. It's still only 4 or 5 chunks ahead of the bike that "distant terrain" is being loaded with full detail as I ride, but I'm no longer hitting the end of the detail textures and having to stop the bike to wait for the world to pop into view. It's like riding 100m behind a wave of grass, tree, and zombie eruptions.
    What do you mean you deleted the local save file? I had a MD5 a few weeks ago and havenít played since. Been waiting for more stability.

Refugee

Similar impressions with my X1X

Quote Originally Posted by Boidster View Post

I just bought an X1X and I was hoping the extra RAM, overclocking, etc would help with the crashes. Much to my disappointment, the crashes seem to come more frequently. Crashes aside, I do have the same impressions as you when it comes to quicker loading times, slightly smoother gameplay, etc. I also noticed that the crashes are much more graceful, less of a full system strain and more of a quick application exit.

On my first gen xbox, I honestly think my coop sessions lasted longer. When 4 of us got on, we would all do a hard reset, clear the brick's cache, and we could get a solid hour and a half. We would just set a "doomsday clock" to remind us to routinely restart the server to avoid crashes. Of course, my impressions could be skewed given that we are now rounding day 200. Before the X1X, I had noticed our sessions getting shorter and shorter, most likely due to us having explored and modified much more of the map.

You had mentioned deleting the local file, I was under the impression everything was in the cloud? Does this help prevent MD5? Would you mind ellaborating?

Ranger
    Yeah its weird how this game crashes like clock work around every two hours. My guess some bad line of code somewhere and some kinda memory leak. Like a memory over load and bloats and xbox trips and dashboards or something.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Holy double necro Batman!