Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I was bored today - new car concept

So I was bored today - new car concept

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
    very nice, but why work on something the devs are currently working on?

why not make an original Shutter creation?

And what i never will understand, why make the front of a car so that the car would stuck if you hit a horde.
    why not something like this without spikes and optimized to push zombies out of the way
    Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 1 Week Ago at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    And what i never will understand, why make the front of a car so that the car would stuck if you hit a horde.
    why not something like this without spikes and optimized to push zombies out of the way
    You have been in my garage again.

I think the devs are considering working on something as far as newer vehicles either to be used by the player or to be lootable in the world, pawn it off as the same issue as the starting kit they used to develop the game had limited options to only the sedan, similar to why animals available were by default a pig, stag, and a rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Yeah trains already have the most efficient method. A "Cow-Catcher" actually deflects and pushes obstacles out of the way...... however...

In a game Fun trumps realism.

I'd much rather have a sweet lookin' ride than something practical.

My point is that

together with

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyStar View Post
    is a death trap, why should someone build this

There is a reason why this is build as it is

I actually thought the same thing when i saw the concept art the first time.

Hunter
    as an off-roader, im on the side of having a good approach angle on the vehicle. the rake looking attachment will stop you dead in your tracks as soon as yo encounter uneven terrain

Like others have posted... spikes / plow on the front of any vehicle is just stupid.

I can't even get my quad to go up a hill with the plow on without digging into the ground and nearly flipping me over it, and my plow was raised up fully. According to these images, the plow / spikes look really close to the ground.

But to hell with realism and what it looks like when it's clipping through the terrain, at least the devs think it looks bad-ass right?
    Last edited by Fox; 1 Week Ago at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Like others have posted... spikes / plow on the front of any vehicle is just stupid.

I can't even get my quad to go up a hill with the plow on without digging into the ground and nearly flipping me over it, and my plow was raised up fully. According to these images, the plow / spikes look really close to the ground.

But to hell with realism and what it looks like when it's clipping through the terrain, at least the devs think it looks bad-ass right?
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic but I happen to actually agree with your statement.
    All of it really.

Yes anyone saying it's not realistic is completely right!
    Those spike filled, Mad Max designs would never work.

So what?

Sometimes just having cool stuff for the sake of having cool stuff is fun!
    There's plenty of things we could nit pick about not being "realistic" but hey we're talking about a game where the dead are walking so.... is a car design really your line in the sand?

That's it? You'll put up with carrying many tons of stone in a shopping basket but Spikes on a car are a deal breaker? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyStar View Post
    Sometimes just having cool stuff for the sake of having cool stuff is fun!
    The problem is that for me unneeded broken reality is not fun^^

But not that big problem too^^

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

But remember, is a game) It all depends on the collisions devs put in

Hunter
    true this is a game & its kinda crazy to be hating on a vehicle concept that in reality wouldn't work while we're fighting zombies that dont exist. i actually like the red one best but id like if they gave us the option to put on the spikes. id like a bit of customization. not much, just a bit

Scavenger
    Dont need a cow catcher.....if you lash a couple of chainsaws to the front of the truck you can chainsaw the zoms and clear fallen trees with the same tool. Or go one step further.....jury rig a minersweeper and have it munch everything inc trees let alone zoms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_h4Uqvuq-I
    Last edited by Blackdogg; 5 Days Ago at 02:11 AM. Reason: posted a muncher :P