Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Servertools updated to 5.5

Hunter

Servertools updated to 5.5

Hello all.

Some of you may know me a little and others a lot. I have been learning C# the last 6 to 8 weeks while working on the existing servertools. The current servertools is at 4.1 and an excellent mod for any server admin. I have added some significant features and will continue to keep working on the project. If you are at all interested in seeing the new features and abilities of servertools, check out https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools

The project has merged with the original author's.

If you have any suggestions or questions about it, please post them in Github or send me a direct message on here.
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-29-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Hello,
    Thanks for updating this. I enjoy the existing one from @dmustanger;

I have read the updates you have done, and noticed you have added something I have been hoping someone would do;

2 part question:
    Will this affect anything pre-existing to the point I will need to possibly remove old MoTD, InfoTicker, players reset their homes, etc? By looks of it, this is an addition with some tweaks..

also your /admin command: I interpret as, when this command is ran, it will list who, if any, admins are online at that given time?

Tried to download, 404.. altered link to point to your github releases, it returned as no releases.
    Last edited by freakii; 11-16-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Link returned 404 or no releases

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by freakii View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks for updating this. I enjoy the existing one from @dmustanger;

I have read the updates you have done, and noticed you have added something I have been hoping someone would do;

2 part question:
    Will this affect anything pre-existing to the point I will need to possibly remove old MoTD, InfoTicker, players reset their homes, etc? By looks of it, this is an addition with some tweaks..

also your /admin command: I interpret as, when this command is ran, it will list who, if any, admins are online at that given time?

Tried to download, 404.. altered link to point to your github releases, it returned as no releases.
    It will effect nothing about the prior builds except for small fixes and adjustments such as Motd or Bloodmoon can be set to just show on world load, not player respawn, or both if you prefer. All of the original features are there and many improved.

All of your settings will stay. All you have to do is install the new files and it will load the new configuration options for you on world load. Then you can set whatever options you would like.

and the /admin command or !admin will show the currently online administrators and moderators based on your admin list. No need for extra lists or files this way.

I will double check the link, thank you!
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-16-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Hunter
    Edited
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-16-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Hunter
    Fixed the release link for you. Thanks again

really nice and thank you, for that release! =)

did you touch the infoticker? hate the v4.1 (and before) ticker, cause the "random".... example: id>1,1,1,1,2,1,1,4....

hope you release a fix
    Last edited by blight; 11-16-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    Fixed the release link for you. Thanks again
    Iíll give it go, excited to see your adjustments

hello again.

I updated to this using the 5.5 file..

Home is True. /delhome does not work..

However, very happy that MoTD does not show on respawn. or configurable to both if desired; yay that was a nuisance before..

eager to test everything else.. I such as clipping detection's..

Thanks =)
    Last edited by freakii; 11-17-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by blight View Post

did you touch the infoticker? hate the v4.1 (and before) ticker, cause the "random".... example: id>1,1,1,1,2,1,1,4....

hope you release a fix
    So you would like to see the infoticker go in order of the list "1, 2, 3, 4"? instead of "1, 4, 1, 3, 2" randomness. Yeah I am sure that can be done for you. I will look in to it. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freakii View Post
    hello again.

I updated to this using the 5.5 file..

Home is True. /delhome does not work..

However, very happy that MoTD does not show on respawn. or configurable to both if desired; yay that was a nuisance before..

eager to test everything else.. I such as clipping detection's..

Thanks =)
    I will look into this for you. Home is not a feature I adjusted so I will have to do some testing first but I will get back to you on that.

Edit: I noticed this from the patchnotes for servertools 3.7 :

Changed Removed chat command /delhome, players can now just set a new home

It seems you just set a new one now. Is there something detrimental about not being able to delete it like before? I don't see why you couldn't do both but maybe you can inform me more as I do not use the home commands. I run a PvP server
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-18-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by blight View Post

hope you release a fix
    Gave you the wrong response, fixed it up with an edit.

I am working on the infoticker for you now. Should have a release soon. I will add an option to allow random or sequential to the config.

Posted 5.53 with Infoticker update

Default is now sequential from your infoticker list but you can turn on random. Random is improved so you might actually like it now. It shows the entire list randomly without repeating the same one twice. After the list is finished it will start it again with a new random order.
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-18-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Hunter
    Just a small heads up about the anticheat flight detection. There is above ground and below. For both, the person must be moving to get detected. This was done to prevent false positives with players that are stuck. I originally incorporated an anti stick for players but far too often between lag and misreadings of location, players would get teleported to the surface. Instead I made it teleport them only when detected moving underground or in the air. You can also set it to automatically jail, kill, kick, ban, or announce when detected and the max height players can be in the air before it starts detecting them.

- - - Updated - - -

This version also no longer conflicts with botman and coppis as you can set any chat command keys you want instead of the default / and !
    If you find other conflicts, give me a poke. Happy to see what I can do.
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-18-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Hunter
    I was not happy with the 5.53 release what so ever. There was a bug with the admin chat color off/on command again. I have release version 5.54. This allowed the command but its only temporary versus before. You will need to keep setting this each restart. I will release one more version with a fix for this before I release 5.6 with new anti cheat and pve protections.

Scavenger
    Thank you for updating this!

With some of the things you added - what are the commands for them? Like voting? temp ban? etc

edit - the other versions of server tools I could have sworn when we changed a setting in the config file, it would become instantly active in game as well. Is that not the case anymore? requiring restarts? I make a lot of players angry when I often have 10-20 players ingame at a time so I enjoyed the instant config updates in older versions.
    Last edited by neal121; 11-19-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Hunter
    No restarts are needed. Settings are live upon activation just as before.
    The only new setting I was mentioning was the admin chat color off. It is a temporary command that reset on server restarts. so if you enable admin chat color and one of the admins are trying to stay hidden, they can type acc off in console and their chat color will remain off until restart.

Voting is done by simply voting on the website as you normally would and then in game type /reward. Make sure the settings are correct in the config and it should spawn their reward. if they have not voted, it will tell them the website you listed as the one they should be voting at.

If you ever need to check available commands, type help in console. It will show all your servers commands. You can then type help tempban and it will tell you how to use that command or any other you type help with.

From the top of my head there should now be chat commands /reserved /admin /reward /restart /doncolor /spcolor
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-22-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    Posted 5.53 with Infoticker update

Default is now sequential from your infoticker list but you can turn on random. Random is improved so you might actually like it now. It shows the entire list randomly without repeating the same one twice. After the list is finished it will start it again with a new random order.
    Big thanks =)

next question is... the bad company api mod...

Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    Just added a new command to the latest dev build.

bc-give <player> <item> /c=1 /min=1 /max=600 (or /q=500 to set min and max)

This lets you place items directly into online players inventories

bc-give StompyNZ 4141 /min=400
    This would give stompynz a gunPumpShotgun (itemclass 4141) with a quality between 400 and 600

This will place the itemstack in the first open or compatible slot, if all full up and nothing to stack with the items drop to the ground.

Will do a new release tomorrow.
    can you add a line to the server-tools for configurable starting-items ("new player joins, get xy") ?
    if he released it ^^
    Last edited by blight; 11-23-2017 at 03:02 AM.