Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Servertools updated to 5.5

Ranger

Smile Servertools updated to 12.4

Hello all.

I have got in touch with the original author of this tool. The old version of ServerTools is 4.1 and an excellent mod for any server admin. The project has been merged and updated.

Significant features have been added and we will continue to keep working on the project. If you are at all interested in seeing the new features and abilities of ServerTools, check out https://github.com/dmustanger/7dtd-ServerTools

If you have any suggestions or questions about it, please post them in Github or send me a direct message.

You can also contact me on steam or discord. If you would like a private contact, please message me here first but if you find me on steam or discord, I don't mind if you add me.
    Our discord channel is: http://discord.gg/6G8VZQg

ServerTools was coded and tested under a windows O.S. but should function for mac and linux. It is a mod for operating dedicated servers. There may be some small hiccups when running a linux operating system. Please report any problems you come across for any platform you use.

*Note* We recommend using Allocs Server-Fixes along with ServerTools.

Anti Cheat

Automatically detects and deals with cheaters. Customizable

Detects: flying above or below ground, hatch elevator, teleport, invalid items, invalid stack sized, family share accounts,
    player stats such as height, speed, jump strength, max stamina, max health, available skill points.

Logs all player's inventory to a file for later review. Set the time between loggings. Default is once per minute.

Records player's IP address and location to the inventory log.

Records identical items and stacks found in a players inventory. These are not necessarily duped but this gives a record.

Logs of violators are auto created and deleted based on your settings.

Other Tools

Day7 alerts: automatically receive in game alerts to the upcoming bloodmoon. Can set a custom horde night value

Zone protection: set an area as a protected space. PvP inside is dealt with automatically. Alert upon entry/exit

Weather vote: vote to change the weather

Teleport to friend: request to teleport to a friend. They must accept the request in a time limit

Shop and wallet: make a custom shop list for players to buy from. Wallet is calculated automatically. Can only shop in trader zone

Vote rewards: for players voting your server at https://7daystodie-servers.com website

Travel: for players to specific locations when in the right location. Can teleport a bike. Custom delay

Starting items: new players receive all the items from the StartingItems.xml

First claim block: players can type /claim to receive a single claim block. Prevents greifing

Give item: give item directly into a players inventory or all online players. Drops to the ground if their inventory is full

Give block: give block directly into a players inventory or all online players. Drops to the ground if their inventory is full

Admin List: players can type trigger an ingame list of currently online admins and moderators

Command delays: multiple commands have delay times. Players can not use the command until the delay has expired since last use

Command delay reset: reset any player command delays via the console

Temporary ban: console command tempban to allow a limited ban time for moderators or low tier admins

Custom chat command triggers: commands use / and ! to initialize commands but they can be set to any symbol

Stuck entity: automatically sends bikes, bags, and zombies to the world surface to prevent errors and server lag

Admin alerts: detections that require manual inspection is sent to currently online admins

Auto shutdown: the server will auto shutdown after a scheduled time frame. Initiates shutdown system with alerts, world save, countdown

Animal spawning: made to be like an animal tracking system. Players spawn a random animal from a list

Reserved players: Uses a session timer to check if a player is reserved and if not did they play longer than the session time. Kicks them with a warning if they did. This will let new player cycle your available space

Custom commands: Make your own commands and set optional delays for the first ten entries

Check next shutdown: Can check when the next scheduled shutdown period is

Reservation check: players can check the expiration time for their reservation

Gimme system: players can spawn a free item periodically with a custom delay

Killme command: players can commit suicide with a custom delay

Set home: save a home location so players can teleport to it with a custom delay

Set home 2: a second home location that can be set for donators only

High ping kicker: kicks players that have a ping too high

Chat logger: saves all in game chat to a file for later review

Bad word filter: replaces any words used in chat that matches ones from a list. Can also change bad player names to Invalid Name-No commands

Message of the day: shows players a custom message upon entering the server

Infoticker: automatically displays custom server messages. Can be set to display in a random order

Auto world save: automatically saves the world based on custom delay time

Watchlist: players listed here will be able to join but send online admins an alert when they are in game

Custom phrases: any phrases list in the phrase file can be set a custom response

Admin chat: admins can send all other online admins a direct private message

Clan manager: create clan tags, add players, hire officers and rule the server as a elite crew

Remove entity: remove a live entity from the game using its entity id via console

Reset player profile: an easy console command will kick and delete the saved data of a player

Stopserver command: easily shutdown your server with an alert system and countdown so players are aware

Lottery: players can open a lottery for any players to buy in. Lottery draws after 10 players join or 1 hour has gone by

Hardcore: limited life count. Kicked and profile deleted if out of lives. Stats recorded

Friend teleports: players can teleport to saved home points and send invites to near by friends to teleport as well

Kill notice: alerts when a player kills another player and what weapon was used

Bounties: players can put bounties on each other. If a player kills another player with a bounty on them, the value is added to their wallet

Kill streaks: while bounties are active, a kill streak can add to a player's bounty automatically

Kick vote: vote to kick a player. Requires at least 10 players online and 8 must vote yes

Restart vote: vote to restart the server. Requires at least 10 players online and 8 must vote yes

Player list: shows all online player names and entity id so players can use commands against them

Lobby: teleports to a defined location. Allows players to return when finished but they must be with in 50 blocks to the lobby location

Real world time: displays the real world time based on the servers local time

Fps: allows you to set the target server fps on server load up

Location: players can check their world location, response is their x, y, z cordinates

Auction: place an item inside a secure loot and use commands to remove it and sell it in the auction

Wallet: takes note of player kills, zombie kills, deaths and spent coins. Calculates a total for use in the shop, auction, bounties

Bank: allows players to deposit in game coins or wallet coins to a bank account. Exchange coin types through the bank

Bike: save a bike id while inside a claimed space. Return a saved bike if close enough to it

Death return: while enabled, players can return to where they died

Entity cleanup: removes falling blocks, stuck falling trees, bikes

Waypoints: Players can set their own waypoints for fast travel

Reduced donor command delays: Your players on the reserved slots list will receive reduced delays

Country Ban: Block players from entering your server if their IP geo location matches what you have set

Chat color and prefix system: Add players to a list defining their chat color, prefix and expiration date

and more! There are over 70 tools available in total.
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:46 AM.

Hello,
    Thanks for updating this. I enjoy the existing one from @dmustanger;

I have read the updates you have done, and noticed you have added something I have been hoping someone would do;

2 part question:
    Will this affect anything pre-existing to the point I will need to possibly remove old MoTD, InfoTicker, players reset their homes, etc? By looks of it, this is an addition with some tweaks..

also your /admin command: I interpret as, when this command is ran, it will list who, if any, admins are online at that given time?

Tried to download, 404.. altered link to point to your github releases, it returned as no releases.
    Last edited by freakii; 11-16-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Link returned 404 or no releases

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by freakii View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks for updating this. I enjoy the existing one from @dmustanger;

I have read the updates you have done, and noticed you have added something I have been hoping someone would do;

2 part question:
    Will this affect anything pre-existing to the point I will need to possibly remove old MoTD, InfoTicker, players reset their homes, etc? By looks of it, this is an addition with some tweaks..

also your /admin command: I interpret as, when this command is ran, it will list who, if any, admins are online at that given time?

Tried to download, 404.. altered link to point to your github releases, it returned as no releases.
    It will effect nothing about the prior builds except for small fixes and adjustments such as Motd or Bloodmoon can be set to just show on world load, not player respawn, or both if you prefer. All of the original features are there and many improved.

All of your settings will stay. All you have to do is install the new files and it will load the new configuration options for you on world load. Then you can set whatever options you would like.

and the /admin command or !admin will show the currently online administrators and moderators based on your admin list. No need for extra lists or files this way.

I will double check the link, thank you!
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-16-2017 at 02:02 PM.

Ranger
    Edited
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-16-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Ranger
    Fixed the release link for you. Thanks again

really nice and thank you, for that release! =)

did you touch the infoticker? hate the v4.1 (and before) ticker, cause the "random".... example: id>1,1,1,1,2,1,1,4....

hope you release a fix
    Last edited by Slawa; 11-16-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    Fixed the release link for you. Thanks again
    Iíll give it go, excited to see your adjustments

hello again.

I updated to this using the 5.5 file..

Home is True. /delhome does not work..

However, very happy that MoTD does not show on respawn. or configurable to both if desired; yay that was a nuisance before..

eager to test everything else.. I such as clipping detection's..

Thanks =)
    Last edited by freakii; 11-17-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by blight View Post

did you touch the infoticker? hate the v4.1 (and before) ticker, cause the "random".... example: id>1,1,1,1,2,1,1,4....

hope you release a fix
    So you would like to see the infoticker go in order of the list "1, 2, 3, 4"? instead of "1, 4, 1, 3, 2" randomness. Yeah I am sure that can be done for you. I will look in to it. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freakii View Post
    hello again.

I updated to this using the 5.5 file..

Home is True. /delhome does not work..

However, very happy that MoTD does not show on respawn. or configurable to both if desired; yay that was a nuisance before..

eager to test everything else.. I such as clipping detection's..

Thanks =)
    I will look into this for you. Home is not a feature I adjusted so I will have to do some testing first but I will get back to you on that.

Edit: I noticed this from the patchnotes for servertools 3.7 :

Changed Removed chat command /delhome, players can now just set a new home

It seems you just set a new one now. Is there something detrimental about not being able to delete it like before? I don't see why you couldn't do both but maybe you can inform me more as I do not use the home commands. I run a PvP server
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-18-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by blight View Post

hope you release a fix
    Gave you the wrong response, fixed it up with an edit.

I am working on the infoticker for you now. Should have a release soon. I will add an option to allow random or sequential to the config.

Posted 5.53 with Infoticker update

Default is now sequential from your infoticker list but you can turn on random. Random is improved so you might actually like it now. It shows the entire list randomly without repeating the same one twice. After the list is finished it will start it again with a new random order.
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-18-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Ranger
    Just a small heads up about the anticheat flight detection. There is above ground and below. For both, the person must be moving to get detected. This was done to prevent false positives with players that are stuck. I originally incorporated an anti stick for players but far too often between lag and misreadings of location, players would get teleported to the surface. Instead I made it teleport them only when detected moving underground or in the air. You can also set it to automatically jail, kill, kick, ban, or announce when detected and the max height players can be in the air before it starts detecting them.

- - - Updated - - -

This version also no longer conflicts with botman and coppis as you can set any chat command keys you want instead of the default / and !
    If you find other conflicts, give me a poke. Happy to see what I can do.
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-18-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Ranger
    I was not happy with the 5.53 release what so ever. There was a bug with the admin chat color off/on command again. I have release version 5.54. This allowed the command but its only temporary versus before. You will need to keep setting this each restart. I will release one more version with a fix for this before I release 5.6 with new anti cheat and pve protections.

Scavenger
    Thank you for updating this!

With some of the things you added - what are the commands for them? Like voting? temp ban? etc

edit - the other versions of server tools I could have sworn when we changed a setting in the config file, it would become instantly active in game as well. Is that not the case anymore? requiring restarts? I make a lot of players angry when I often have 10-20 players ingame at a time so I enjoyed the instant config updates in older versions.
    Last edited by neal121; 11-19-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Ranger
    No restarts are needed. Settings are live upon activation just as before.
    The only new setting I was mentioning was the admin chat color off. It is a temporary command that reset on server restarts. so if you enable admin chat color and one of the admins are trying to stay hidden, they can type acc off in console and their chat color will remain off until restart.

Voting is done by simply voting on the website as you normally would and then in game type /reward. Make sure the settings are correct in the config and it should spawn their reward. if they have not voted, it will tell them the website you listed as the one they should be voting at.

If you ever need to check available commands, type help in console. It will show all your servers commands. You can then type help tempban and it will tell you how to use that command or any other you type help with.

From the top of my head there should now be chat commands /reserved /admin /reward /restart /doncolor /spcolor
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 11-22-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    Posted 5.53 with Infoticker update

Default is now sequential from your infoticker list but you can turn on random. Random is improved so you might actually like it now. It shows the entire list randomly without repeating the same one twice. After the list is finished it will start it again with a new random order.
    Big thanks =)

next question is... the bad company api mod...

Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    Just added a new command to the latest dev build.

bc-give <player> <item> /c=1 /min=1 /max=600 (or /q=500 to set min and max)

This lets you place items directly into online players inventories

bc-give StompyNZ 4141 /min=400
    This would give stompynz a gunPumpShotgun (itemclass 4141) with a quality between 400 and 600

This will place the itemstack in the first open or compatible slot, if all full up and nothing to stack with the items drop to the ground.

Will do a new release tomorrow.
    can you add a line to the server-tools for configurable starting-items ("new player joins, get xy") ?
    if he released it ^^
    Last edited by Slawa; 11-23-2017 at 03:02 AM.