Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does the equation for zombie spawning work?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyLeo10 View Post
    Please tell me you have an Auger
    LMFAO....or just LOTS of free time!!!

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyLeo10 View Post
    Please tell me you have an Auger
    Nah. Double sided pick. Two swings and its 500 points. I'm only digging two squares high. Shame I don't have a minor helmet though. All my minor helmets vanished in the MD5 bug. So I flick a torch out then to see i'm still digging it perfectly. Then back to swinging. Them make a wider tunnel for Forge or Workbench every mile or so. Takes about 3 hours to walk from one end to the other. I may dig it 3 squares high and drive my bike in the tunnel.

I dug from north west to south east . Deep into waste land. I might connect that tunnel to that place that has drugs and beer and has walls and a couple lookout towers. Also has a big water tower and pipes. I'm digging from the gold mine now. Debating to angle that tunnel to that little fort I found. Or go try and connect this tunnel to my other tunnel. Could be a pain trying to connect it.

Carrying 50 cooked meat and 30 jars of water and 1000 rounds for my sniper rifle and 15 repair kits. I'm ready to rock. Them 4 dog probably a bit bummed out I came outside to play from digging yesterday. 4 dogs hanging out at that hotel. Was nice to get extra hides from them. I forgot my clay in the box in the tunnel. Other wise I could of had another forge made in the gold mine. Was a treat digging through all sand from the goldmine. I'm use to all bedrock or iron deposits.

Digging does get lame though fast. Reason to go outside and killing everything moving.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAW2ROBZ View Post
    Nah. Double sided pick. Two swings and its 500 points. I'm only digging two squares high. Shame I don't have a minor helmet though. All my minor helmets vanished in the MD5 bug. So I flick a torch out then to see i'm still digging it perfectly. Then back to swinging. Them make a wider tunnel for Forge or Workbench every mile or so. Takes about 3 hours to walk from one end to the other. I may dig it 3 squares high and drive my bike in the tunnel.
    No auger and no mining helmet on a mining project - You've got more patience than me, clearly! You know you can make a mining helmet in the workbench, right?

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by dustipher View Post
    No auger and no mining helmet on a mining project - You've got more patience than me, clearly! You know you can make a mining helmet in the workbench, right?
    Haven't seen a football helmet since the MD5 bug. But yeah now I have two helmets after the project is done. Also a auger finally. Its nice but burns gas really fast and the blade almost broken in a minute or so of use. Double sided pick is better with two swings for my ranked character. Also found a extra minor helmet in a car today after I have a couple. Also before that first post. I did have a minor helmet but its laying in a back pack on my dead body in the radiation zone.

My buddy lost his as well in another radiation zone. Yeah in total with and without a helmet I probably got 10 hours of actual digging in like a week and half time. But its miles all over. From the north west green zone of the general store town to the north desert where there's that tiny pond. I got a cement mansion started there with vault hatch to tunnel. Then the tunnel connects to south east wasteland. Also connects each outposts. Also end of tunnel connects to the gold mine shaft in south east.

Gotta keep busy on this game. Standing around in third story outpost gets boring waiting for wondering hordes. Looting is fun for a while. Also time goes to fast for daylight. Seems like no matter how much work ya put in time flies like i'm doing nothing. Hunting,gather water, crafting, building more outposts, exploring, killing rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by GRAW2ROBZ; 1 Week Ago at 02:30 PM.

Is there by chance a table of "x" Player score (PS) ~= "y" Zombies spawning/in horde

Like my friend and I are trying to figure out at what PS a Feral spawns on the map and when they are expecting in the horde.

My friend is around 2100 PS but has 15 deaths day 18,

I am about 2100 PS with 0 deaths on day 13.

Side story while figuring this out.

The spawning mechanics did a nasty nasty thing. I had a broke leg, full inventory (coming back from a city run), I was taking my mountain route and I stop to skin a rabbit and chicken and then I turn around and bam--BEAR! I had a tough fight using cactus and then a natural cave drop to my advantage but I felt like Golum, "Nasty Nasty Hobbitses."

Yes there's a table. Gazz posted it some time (several updates) ago. If i understood that thing right, bloodmoon-hordes are defined up to a gamestage of 3007. Gamestage is Zombiekills minus deaths times 10 (multiplication and division first, then addition and subtraction).

Okay I will look for it, I appreciate the direction.

Time to get my form search fu on.