Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: New guns

  1. #16
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0
    Right and this is a game where you can build a giant ass wooden pole to the sky with no supports...

  2. #17
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by themirror View Post
    Sometime ago, a dev and Roland has said that new weapons must have a purpose.
    That's a huge shame I think. Variety really spices up survival games and everyone likes to customize their playstyle by deciding what gun they will use, which stats they like best and which stats they can sacrifice. It would be really cool to be able to find a ton of guns in 7DTD and decide which one you liked best, I always wanted carbine rifles like the M1 Garand and AR15. At the moment the guns have a linear progression from basic to best, which sucks a lot of the fun out of having guns in the game.

  3. #18
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by geengaween View Post
    That's a huge shame I think. Variety really spices up survival games and everyone likes to customize their playstyle by deciding what gun they will use, which stats they like best and which stats they can sacrifice. It would be really cool to be able to find a ton of guns in 7DTD and decide which one you liked best, I always wanted carbine rifles like the M1 Garand and AR15. At the moment the guns have a linear progression from basic to best, which sucks a lot of the fun out of having guns in the game.

    I agree. I want possibility choose between more wapons. In A17 when desappear wapon parts, they can add more wapons, because more than 100 wapons parts would be frustrating. And M1 Garant sounds cool

  4. #19
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    They're getting rid of weapon parts? I guess this is a good thing, it's kind of unnecessary and unrealistic

  5. #20
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by geengaween View Post
    That's a huge shame I think. Variety really spices up survival games and everyone likes to customize their playstyle by deciding what gun they will use, which stats they like best and which stats they can sacrifice. It would be really cool to be able to find a ton of guns in 7DTD and decide which one you liked best, I always wanted carbine rifles like the M1 Garand and AR15. At the moment the guns have a linear progression from basic to best, which sucks a lot of the fun out of having guns in the game.
    Wrong. They said that is non sense to add more weapons in the same attributes (like ak-47 and m4a1). They does not said that there is no new weapons...

  6. #21
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    0
    I rather have 2 variation of most weapons, high damage and accuracy or lower damage and accuracy for more stable shooting and less recoil and maybe cheaper ammo to make.

  7. #22
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by themirror View Post
    Wrong. They said that is non sense to add more weapons in the same attributes (like ak-47 and m4a1). They does not said that there is no new weapons...
    I don't know what that means though. It sounds to me like they meant "same attributes" as in they don't want more than one type of assault rifle, more than one type of submachine gun, etc.

    AK-47's and M4A1's don't have the same attributes though, not IRL at least. The AK47 is a lot more rugged and durable but is heavier and slightly less accurate. If it was up to me I'd put 100 different firearms in the game each with their IRL advantages and limitations, and let players tailor their playstyle around it.

  8. #23
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    Semi-automatic assault rifle! Im tired of wasting ammo with full auto. Id be happy if there was that option on the AK and SMG cuz switching back and forth would come in handy. Also Id like to set my auto turret to semi auto turret.

  9. #24
    Scavenger ParaSyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0
    We have several different tools of the same kind like three different shovels that have different block damage and wear cost attributes. I don't see why they can't do the same thing for guns. If they get rid of parts and add a buff & attribute system to the weapons like it sounds like they are doing, then there is room for many different guns in the same category. We can have six different rifles with different but balanced attributes like ever other first person shooter does. Then add attachments that can buff those attributes. I'll take that variety over the mess of gun parts to a few basic guns any day.

    If I could carry two sniper rifles on me, one hard and long hitting scoped bolt action that won't take a silencer, and a semiautomatic less damaging rifle with a larger mag and acog scope I would be pretty happy. Even if I don't use all the guns in the game I still like to collect them. I think a gun hording loon would be a realistic achievement in the zombie apocalypse.

  10. #25
    Survivor Cernwn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pacific Standard Time zone, USA
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    0
    If they are only considering weapons which add something new to the game, here are some attributes TFP should think about when differentiating weapons and new weapon mod interactions:

    Report/noise (important for PvE, should not be completely eliminated, even with silencer)
    Heat/muzzle-flash (important for PvP, should not be completely eliminated, even with flash suppressor)
    Durability (decreased by use, increased by kits + gunsmithing skill)
    Reliability/chance of not jamming (affected by Durability, Heat, Rate of Fire, sandy/humid biomes) - gunsmithing skill to speed up unjamming
    Accuracy/scatter (affected by Rate of fire, Kickback, shotgun choke, laser dot sight, braced prone/sneak position, bipod/tripod, turret or weapon mount)
    Range/dropoff
    Rate of fire (affected by selective fire switch)
    Ammo type
    Magazine capacity (affected by extended clips, high capacity drum or extended fuel tank)
    Kickback/recoil (affected by Ammo type, Rate of fire, lack or existence of stock, folding stock, foregrip)
    Stopping power/muzzle velocity (affected by Ammo type)
    Reload time (affected by speedloader for revolvers/turrets only)

    Attributes to think about for melee weapons:

    Weight (affects stamina used per swing)
    Reach/Close quarters (affects how many targets can be hit from how far away, some cannot be used up close)
    Unwieldiness/Recovery (affects recovery time between swings, affected by counterbalanced haft/pommel)
    Stopping Power/Penetration (affected by powered, hydraulic, spikes or serration)
    Battery life/Fuel capacity (for powered/hydraulics only, affected by extended tanks or redundant battery pack)
    Last edited by Cernwn; 1 Week Ago at 08:43 PM.

  11. #26
    Scavenger lobison444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    uruguay
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0
    I would like to implement more melee weapons, for example one that has more distance but that is slower or another that is faster but has less damage, would add more bariety to the game

  12. #27
    Scavenger ParaSyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernwn View Post
    If they are only considering weapons which add something new to the game, here are some attributes TFP should think about when differentiating weapons and new weapon mod interactions:

    Report/noise (important for PvE, should not be completely eliminated, even with silencer)
    Heat/muzzle-flash (important for PvP, should not be completely eliminated, even with flash suppressor)
    Durability (decreased by use, increased by kits + gunsmithing skill)
    Reliability/chance of not jamming (affected by Durability, Heat, Rate of Fire, sandy/humid biomes) - gunsmithing skill to speed up unjamming
    Accuracy/scatter (affected by Rate of fire, Kickback, shotgun choke, laser dot sight, braced prone/sneak position, bipod/tripod, turret or weapon mount)
    Range/dropoff
    Rate of fire (affected by selective fire switch)
    Ammo type
    Magazine capacity (affected by extended clips or high capacity drum)
    Kickback/recoil (affected by Ammo type, Rate of fire, lack or existence of stock, folding stock, foregrip)
    Stopping power/muzzle velocity (affected by Ammo type)
    Reload time (affected by speedloader for revolvers/turrets only)
    I agree with all these except jamming might be realistic but it might not be worth putting in this game. The rest can all be factors in making a gun unique and serve a different purpose.

    If they trade the gun parts system for attachments this can open up the door for a lot of variety. I'd rather sit there trying to figure out which sniper rifle with which attachments will suit me best in the next hoard night, than to keep making sure I have the best parts of the only sniper in the game by picking them out of a full crate of the same gun parts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •