Thread: Who Here Has the Lowest Spec PC?

Who Here Has the Lowest Spec PC?

I'm not asking to ridicule or anything; I just want to build my kids a computer that can run this game. I dont care if it can do high or ultra; I want to build them something cheap so they can game with me. So what specs are you running that doesnt consist of 1080s and 16+ GB RAM?

Where do you life ?
    In Central Europe i maybe could help.

Lets Start by GPU
    https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
    if we Start at top and move down until we find a decent price i would say.
    The best Performance for your money you get by the GTX 1060 3G (200)
    The cheapest Card i would choose for the game would be the GTX 1050 for 120

The cpu is a bit more tricky because some CPU can be cheaper but need more expensive Boards
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
    What we want is a good Singlecoreperformance but at least 4 Cores
    There i would tend to a Ryzen 5 1500x

Hope this helps, break is over heared my traitoer joel opend the store, time to leave my hole in the soil^^

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Where do you life ?
    In Central Europe i maybe could help.

Lets Start by GPU
    https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
    if we Start at top and move down until we find a decent price i would say.
    The best Performance for your money you get by the GTX 1060 3G (200€)
    The cheapest Card i would choose for the game would be the GTX 1050 for 120€

The cpu is a bit more tricky because some CPU can be cheaper but need more expensive Boards
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
    https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
    What we want is a good Singlecoreperformance but at least 4 Cores
    There i would tend to a Ryzen 5 1500x

Hope this helps, break is over heared my traitoer joel opend the store, time to leave my hole in the soil^^
    Thanks for the recommendations. I live in the U.S. I just built my nephew a PC with the 1060 and 16 GB of RAM. Maybe I should load up the game on his rig and give it a test.

The steam page has the minimum requirements to run the game. That should probably be your base-line, anything better than that is a bonus. It'll probably still get a bit jittery in places running with minimum specs but that's the downside of early-access, optimization is usually left until the beta stage and this game is still in alpha.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251570/7_Days_to_Die/

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    The lowest I have played on is an old Q6600 with 8GB RAM, and a GTX660Ti or 770.
    Average FPS is in the 40's, and you will experience times when it's 2-5FPS because the RAM gets filled and it's having to use the hard drive for overload.

If you're going to build a PC, the difference between 8GB and 16GB is very small, so it would be kind of stupid to limit yourself to 8.

What I would recommend as minimum...

Intel high frequency based quad core or better or any AMD Ryzen CPU
    minimum 12GB of ram for reliability, but 2x8GB is cheap these days, so just go with that.
    GTX 1050 or AMD equivalent or better
    SSD would make a big difference with this game, but a standard HDD to save money is fine too. Western Digital blue or black is recommended.
    I also recommend going with Windows 7 over Windows 10 for reliability, ease of use and cuz it's just plain better. But if you're buying a pre-build, then nvm cuz you'll likely be forced to go with Windows 10.

I get fairly good playability with
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    shadows/[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]%
    but blur/sunshafts/waterparticles and all the other 'eye-candy' is off

heres my specs ... so have a good laugh people
    Computer:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1)
    DirectX: DirectX 11.1
    Motherboard:
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200, 2333 MHz (7 x 333)
    Motherboard Name: Intel Frostburg DG33FB (Released on 30 Jun 2007)
    System Memory: 8128 MB (DDR2 SDRAM) ([email protected] and [email protected] FSB... i know i know)
    Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (986 MB)
    Disk Drive: SanDisk SDSSDA480G ATA Device (480 GB, SATA-III) bootdrive obviously
    Disk Drive: Seagate ST3500630A SCSI Disk Device (500 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
    Disk Drive: ST3500630NS ATA Device (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
    Disk Drive: TOSHIBA MK2552GSX ATA Device (250 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA-II)
    Disk Drive: WDC WD50 00AAKB-00UKA0 SCSI Disk Device (500 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
    Total Size: 2077.2 GB (856.3 GB free)
    Optical Drive: hp DVD-RAM SW810 ATA Device

you wanted comparisons so theres mine... i will win the last prize race for sure
    but I still love the game and as long as 'Old Bettsy' keeps givin me playable frame-rates (60>20) I will endure
    Last edited by bigstep70; 1 Week Ago at 07:09 PM.

Thanks for the info so far!

Does having 32 GB vs 16 GB make a difference with this game? I'm asking because I've got 8x4 in my own PC, so I could save money by moving 16 of that over to another PC. However, if having 32 gives me a boost, especially on mods like Starvation, then I'll just buy another 16GB.

Quote Originally Posted by USSF06 View Post
    Does having 32 GB vs 16 GB make a difference with this game? However, if having 32 gives me a boost, especially on mods like Starvation, then I'll just buy another 16GB.
    Any of the "major" mods will push past 6-8 Gig easy, you may be able to play but as time goes on and more world is brought into ram, thru wandering around, you're gonna start having issues as things start to swap out (its the first in first out rule of RAM).
    I would think 16Gig is more that enough but if you think you need the overhead go for it (buy that extra)
    I always check my console for ram usage and if Im getting close to my 7GB (i leave a little overhead for windows in the background 1GB) I'll save and reload... it does help a lot, may be a pain and in the heat of the moment it sucks but I would rather enjoy smooth gameplay than deal with s,t,u,t,t,e,r

Quote Originally Posted by USSF06 View Post
    Thanks for the info so far!

Does having 32 GB vs 16 GB make a difference with this game? I'm asking because I've got 8x4 in my own PC, so I could save money by moving 16 of that over to another PC. However, if having 32 gives me a boost, especially on mods like Starvation, then I'll just buy another 16GB.
    I don't know of a single game that can push passed 16GB of ram. I myself specifically chose only 16GB of ram when I custom built my dedicated gaming rig and I'm very much happy with it. So ya, if you have 32GB of ram and it's the same DDR version of ram as the one you're getting / making for your kids, then I'd say go for it. Just keep in mind that there's 4 versions of DDR ram, and you can check the motherboard online to see which one you have (if it's still new-ish, then it's most likely DDR4)

Thanks again for the info. I've been playing Starvation for a few hours now using my nephew's 1060 and I'm very impressed. Looks like I wont need to spend too much money on a GPU, and I'll probably just move over the 16GB of RAM like I mentioned earlier to save even more money.

Refugee
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

RAM 12 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

i get around 70-100 FPS with Medium settings, although while walking/running, when the game is trying to load in trees, grass, other distance textures it can drop to 10-20 FPS for a split second, nothing game breaking, 90% of the time it runs flawless.

However when i am on the mini bike it lags like hell. constantly dropping to 2-10 FPS every now and then. i dont know if its a vehicle issue or my Specs. My PC is pretty low end and it runs fine.

Scavenger
    I'm playing 7DTD in 4K resolution on my 1060, so you should be fine

I play on a ASUS laptop with on board Intel graphics Get 10 to 20 Fps at 1280x600 It's playable as i have over 1600 hours in 7DTD but it takes some getting used to.

My toaster has a core i5 2400 (just bought from a shady guy at tim hortons) 3.1 ghz, 8 gb ddr 3 ram at 1333 mhz and a msi 650 Ti Boost 2gb
    and a 850 evo ssd. the motherboard died once already lol got lucky and found the exact almost same board.

I used to have a core i3 2100 3.1 ghz in it.

it runs at least at medium settings and can record videos yay. but it is still a toaster lol