Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the increased difficulty?

Question What happened to the increased difficulty?

After the Update I thought I could continue with my normal game. However I do not know if by mistake of the game or the physics, I was building an 8X8 floor with columns in the 4 corners. When putting the last floor block came all down destroying my forge, safety boxes and others just missing 4 hours for horde.
    I preferred to start a new game, because I knew I could not overcome that horde and I lost the materials and so on.

I started a new game and "Surprise" now YES the trader's mission comes out. I was happy because before I did not go out, and when I walk to the vendor "a wild bear appears" out of nowhere. In my face, it falls from the sky beside me and begins to kill me, when I was just level 1 and just beginning.

All right. I'm dying. I reappear near the backpack and decide to go for my things but with the bear's care. When I'm on my way, passing through a forest I get a mini horde of dogs. 7 dogs begin to chase me, bite me and kill me in LEVEL 1.

I preferred to start a new game. A new map was already 2 deaths.

in the new map, I appear in a snow zone, (rare, you usually appear in burned areas), I'm in the wood harvesting and that to make my first bow and arrows, (mini-missions) and that I get 1 zombie bear and 3 woodcutters to kill me ...

What the hell happened to the difficulty now? (The one of the snow I lowered the difficulty to the minimum of scavenger)

Survivor
    Just sounds like horrible luck mate. The lumberjacks are always in the snow, no matter your level, but the bears are definitely bad luck ! I either don't see any for a while, or I have 3 of them roaming around the town I'm in.
    Last edited by JRauch; 12-04-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Yes... is HORRIBLE LUCK MATE...
    I know the lumberjacks are always in the snow... But... In level 1, mmm 5... 10 minutes after begining atack for 3 lumberjacks and 1 zombie bear?... I cried like a baby

Try not to travel very far in the first hours of the game. Afaik you get some puppy protection (lower spawns) in your starter area at gamestart.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHoG View Post
    Try not to travel very far in the first hours of the game. Afaik you get some puppy protection (lower spawns) in your starter area at gamestart.
    That's what I do. Stay near the spawn and smash trees down and break rocks when starting a new server. Build a bunch of box frames and get off the ground. High ground is the keys to staying alive. Nickel and dime the zombies. Then once ya got a sniper rifle then go full RAMBO like me. Or dig a tunnel in the early goings.

Spawning in winter biome isn't rare. It happened to me on my old public server. I built a big tree fort for first base. But burned a lot of wood to stay warm. Was to much work. Seemed like I was gathering wood to stay warm or killing hordes every hour and the hour. If you like exploring day 1. Then find a place like a store that's like 3 stories high.

Then frame up the ladder to get to it. Or smash the ladder and use frame boxes to elevator yourself up. Best safe bet in the early goings. Zombies love ladders. Get rid of them unless your cement your way around the place as reinforce walls and vault doors and more bars behind the doors.

Cause I seen a horde eat through a vault door at the book store one time. I didn't keep track of the days. I got stuck staying a horde night at book store with 3 hours to board it up. Lucky I had 1 vault door on me. Then I used the rusty bars on the two doors behind the counter after they broke them down. Used the store counter as a kill house pill box framed in with bars. I went wild.

Shocked I lived. I had a close call. I was standing on the drink machine behind the counters after they broke in that door from the back. I caught fire from the fire zombie. I was tap dancing around and getting crazy head shots with my sniper rifle. Then ate some cooked meat and drank some water then took a pill then was good. Then framed up the place. Then it was daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by ares17000 View Post
    I preferred to start a new game, because I knew I could not overcome that horde
    Craft a Stoneaxe
    Craft a Stoneshovel
    Craft 4 Woodframes
    Dig 4 Down and cloose the entry of that hole
    Dig 2-4 to a side

100% safe. This is even possible if you join a game at day 7 at 21:40

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by ares17000 View Post
    Yes... is HORRIBLE LUCK MATE...
    I know the lumberjacks are always in the snow... But... In level 1, mmm 5... 10 minutes after begining atack for 3 lumberjacks and 1 zombie bear?... I cried like a baby
    Turn the zombie spawn rate down. Difficulty is mostly just how much damage you do to zombies vs how much they do to you. Lowering the difficulty does not change how many or what kinds spawn.

First days are not really fair, against some enemys you cant do anything, inclusive running.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    First days are not really fair, against some enemys you cant do anything, inclusive running.
    you can always forge out a revenge plan, even on day one without forge or chemstation. you meet twice always ...

^^
    I play Death is Death
    Sadly no revenge

^^
    I play Death is Death
    Sadly no revenge
    Sorry, so much for 'you meet twice always'

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHoG View Post
    i used to believe this too...... just spawned into a friends nightmare server, day 4 and died while the loading screen was still up.

Quote Originally Posted by a4twenty View Post
    i used to believe this too...... just spawned into a friends nightmare server, day 4 and died while the loading screen was still up.
    wow, ok. I'm never online, only play solo or splitscreen... out of curiosity: that was the first time you joined this particular game?

Craft a Stoneaxe
    Craft a Stoneshovel
    Craft 4 Woodframes
    Dig 4 Down and cloose the entry of that hole
    Dig 2-4 to a side

100% safe. This is even possible if you join a game at day 7 at 21:40
    lol Royal I hope you are exaggerating for effect, but if you can do all that in the amount of time you specified then I tip my hat to you my good man and claim you king of the lab....

Damn it, in console section again...anyway it probably still applies...

In Burned 46 Minutes (Game was modded so 5 Woodframes from startequip)
    But i spend 15 Minutes to get the wood, no 1 hit bushes nearby.