Thread: Game crashed, now only loads with black screen

Refugee

Game crashed, now only loads with black screen

I was riding my bike when the game suddenly crashed because of some nVidia issues. I restarted, but now my profile won't load anymore.

The game will load and I can see all my items, the inventory, but everything is black, same with the map. I can hear all the sounds and the game time seems progressing too.

If I delete the ttp file I can start with a new player, the map is the same, but all my skills and items on me got lost obviously.

I invested quite some time into this game and I do not want to start over. I tried "fixing" it with a hex editor as I found some info online but nothing happened, same problem.

I uploaded my player files here:

http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/Xi5s9kWB/file.html

Maybe someone smart can figure it out. I so far have no idea whats wrong. I even downloaded an editor from github which lets you edit the player files.

The interesting thing is if I create a new player profile then manually add all my stuff/skill to it then I get the same error as above... Which doesn't really make sense to me. If I just start a new player profile, the map loads just fine.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Client logs would be helpful

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Client logs would be helpful

Client log means the console/debug log in this instance?

Yes. Instructions for getting them, and linking them via pastebin are in the important sticky thread.

Refugee
    Thank you, here is the log file:

https://pastebin.com/ykHpmHeA

What I did:

- Started the game
    - Loaded the save in question
    - Screen was black but game loaded fine like before (it took a LONG time though)
    - Exited the game without doing anything

You have an odd combination of hardware there, but I guess it must be one of the earlier i5-series laptops. The 650m is barely at spec for the game. Just FYI.

You're playing a16.4, but trying to load a save from a15.1. That isn't going to work. You will need to wipe all the old saves.

Not related, but disable UNET Networking via the game launcher. It's crap.

If you still have the issue on a fresh a16.4 game, then the culprit is most likely GPU drivers. My bet is on the incompatible save though.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    You have an odd combination of hardware there, but I guess it must be one of the earlier i5-series laptops. The 650m is barely at spec for the game. Just FYI.

You're playing a16.4, but trying to load a save from a15.1. That isn't going to work. You will need to wipe all the old saves.

Not related, but disable UNET Networking via the game launcher. It's crap.

If you still have the issue on a fresh a16.4 game, then the culprit is most likely GPU drivers. My bet is on the incompatible save though.
    I do have older save files there from a previous version but I'm not playing those. This one is two weeks old or so. I run everything on very low settings, card can manage but its not ideal of course.

Still if I let the game recreate the player files I can play the same map, which makes me think the player file is corrupt or otherwise some state got saved there which it shouldn't have?