Thread: What Difficulty you guys play??

Refugee

What Difficulty you guys play??

I like a challenge!! So I've been playing on insane. But I started playing in nightmare and the zombies always run! Definitely keeps me on my feet!!

At the moment i play Insane. But i consider to Lower the Difficulty, looks like Insane adds only lunatic Bulletsponges.
    I play it because i love the be challenged too. But this is no more fun

Ya, bullet sponges are never fun. And neither is high horde count either. The devs should really consider coming up with more non-forced difficulty options for this game (which is something I mentioned many times over the years). There needs to be more underground threats and more weather related threats and smarter zombies. Zombies that can avoid certain traps, maybe jump around, hide behind trees and stuff waiting for you to get close enough, etc... as it is right now, they just feel like mindless targets that follow a straight line towards you or the coordinates given to them at spawn which is far too predictable and boring. And the random spawns just occasionally take a few steps in random directions once in a while, without purpose or reason. Sleeping zombies and animals are probably the only things that don't completely feel mindless.

Every time I play, I try different settings to try to find new challenges without frustrating myself too much with the forced difficulty stuff. Last time I played, it was pure bullet sponge mayhem, and I was bored, except when the dog hordes showed up while distracted, that part is usually a thrill. But that difficulty setting made me not like using the bow anymore. And I ended up focusing more on base trap defense than actually killing them manually, so basically, I would just sit there in my base waiting for the horde night to end so I could continue doing what I was doing before.
    Last edited by Fox; 12-07-2017 at 01:50 AM.

Weirdly I've enjoyed this set up the most.

Difficulty Settings: Nomad
    Zombies Run: Default
    Enemy Aggression: Feral
    Daylight Length: 12

Drop On Death: Everything
    Drop On Quit: Nothing
    Enemy Memory: 90
    Enemy Spawning: Very High
    Block Durability: 100
    Loot Respawn Time: 5
    Loot Abundance: 50
    Air Drops: 24
    24 Hour Cycle: 120
    Mark Air Drops: Off
    Unowned Minibike Icons: On

Difficulty Settings: Insane
    Zombies Run: Default
    Enemy Aggression: Normal
    Daylight Length: 18

Drop On Death: Everything
    Drop On Quit: Nothing
    Enemy Memory: Exists not longer in A16
    Enemy Spawning: Exists not longer in A16
    Block Durability: 100
    Loot Respawn Time: 30 Days
    Loot Abundance: 25
    Air Drops: Off
    24 Hour Cycle: 90
    Mark Air Drops: Off
    Unowned Minibike Icons: ?only my own?

On a Small multiplayer server with PVE>PVP Rules
    With Death is Death

For me the difficulty mainly is set with the daycycle. On 30min days you (ok, it's my slow ass) barely have time for the most essential stuff. Way to stressful for me. I play on 60 or 120 cycles with varying difficulty settings.

You can dig 3 Down and be save everywhere, so i cant see that time influent the Difficulty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    You can dig 3 Down and be save everywhere, so i cant see that time influent the Difficulty much.
    i know this trick (from you )... but you need food, water and progress. All of this is very rare 9 feet under.

Yes, but on 10 minute days you would simply dig in all 10 Minutes and wait the very short night before you proceed with the Loot tour. The food is (if i am right) dependent on real time. Means you should be able to eat only once per week.

Only Hordenights became harder on longer days (until the point you are able to kill the complete Horde before 4am)

Hunter
    I no longer play insane/Nightmare because my play style is obsolete which is Melee combat. It has not been updated to add a counter play to defend against Zombies. The Spawn rate is insane on those modes and zombies can Spawn on top of you and 4 shot you. No way to block enemies or anything. I play scavenger for a challenge at end game but still melee friendly.

Refugee
    I hate challenges.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    I hate zombie threads.

BOOM Headshot!