Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [12/11] Message from the Team - Patch 13 in Submission!

Refugee
    Awesome, my 13 yr old loves playing this with me splitscreen on ps4. Getting ps4pro at tax time so he can play on this ps4 in his room with me. Keep us posted on update news Clare! Now if we could just get this on psvr....

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    No it is only in Submission with Sony and MS, once it is approved and going Live I will post a second update, this thread is to let you all know that the patch was sent on to Sony and MS for approval. All going according to plan, it shouldn't be too long a wait.
    Alrighty thank you very much for the update m'am!

Refugee
    Will this update require us to start a new world in order to have the fixes apply or will they apply to our existing worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by dspencer View Post
    Will this update require us to start a new world in order to have the fixes apply or will they apply to our existing worlds?
    from the first post in this thread:
    You should NOT need to start a new save unless otherwise stated by the team.

I'm so old, i can't understand that writing makes less effort than reading...

Clare,

Awesome! I am so excited about any update to the game even bug fixes. Please pass along my appreciation to the design and dev team(s) and for them to have a happy holiday season.

One quick question, will I need to restart my maps or will these fixes just roll into them so I don't need to worry?

I most appreciate your time and find out for me, therefore, I eagerly await your response and hope you have a happy holiday season too.

Best regards,

Patrick R. Link

Tracker
    Thank you for the update. I wish SOME people weren't so rude in the forums. People come for info, not to get talked down to.

Colony Founder
    - NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated
    - You should NOT need to start a new save unless otherwise stated by the team.
    - do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.
    - keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.
    - please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.
    - I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes not mentioned in the notes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.
    She said right in this section you do not need to start a new map unless stated by the team and nowhere did they state that you should so the answer is no you do not need to start a new map.

Fixed an instance of an issue that would occasionally cause blocks to spawn without support and create a mass collapse when broken
    Does this issue only apply to game generated structures or does it also affect blocks placed by players? The reason I ask is because I'm in the process of adding a third floor to my base(approximately 70-80 blocks high from bedrock level) and I was able to place supports and a roof about 7 blocks high with no issues whatsoever, EXCEPT one block. Every time I place a cobblestone frame in this one spot, the pillar below (upgraded to full cobblestone) collapses for no apparent reason. I even tried adding extra support just to be absolutely sure it was more than sufficient, and when I go to place that one block, it along with a few blocks adjacent will crumble. Just curious if this issue may be the cause.

Keep up the good work!

Refugee
    SORRY i was just Voicing my opinion Didn't Mean to get everybody's panties in a bunch Love the game keep up the good work merry Christmas!

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by MadArchitect View Post
    Does this issue only apply to game generated structures or does it also affect blocks placed by players? The reason I ask is because I'm in the process of adding a third floor to my base(approximately 70-80 blocks high from bedrock level) and I was able to place supports and a roof about 7 blocks high with no issues whatsoever, EXCEPT one block. Every time I place a cobblestone frame in this one spot, the pillar below (upgraded to full cobblestone) collapses for no apparent reason. I even tried adding extra support just to be absolutely sure it was more than sufficient, and when I go to place that one block, it along with a few blocks adjacent will crumble. Just curious if this issue may be the cause.

Keep up the good work!
    The pillar below; does it go to floor level or just floor to ceiling on the second floor. If there is a space below the column, that will be your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Damselx1 View Post
    The pillar below; does it go to floor level or just floor to ceiling on the second floor. If there is a space below the column, that will be your issue.
    It goes to the ground floor. The base is basically a flat cube , with the construction like this: 1st floor = solid wall 1 thick on 3 faces, with the 4th face a series of horizontal poles. The 2nd & 3rd floors have full foundations 2 blocks thick. The support pillars are full blocks, 1 block thick, and spaced at either 6 or 7 block intervals. I'll have to check if a block is missing underneath the area that I am having the issue, or if there is a frame I forgot to upgrade.

Thanks for the response!

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeblackheart View Post
    Now if we could just get this on psvr....
    Oh my goodness, that would be INCREDIBLE!! And Unity has some new VR tools. This could happen.

Refugee
    I really wish you would get the lead put its not hard to take the game as it is on PC and bring it to console i firmly believe your pulling the same crap bungie is doing otherwise the game would already be at that stage if the game isnt complete why the heck would you have sold it to us to begin with thats dumber then preordering a PREORDER

Refugee
    Update isn't gonna delete my game is it?!😢

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by oMONOXIDECHILDo View Post
    I really wish you would get the lead put its not hard to take the game as it is on PC and bring it to console i firmly believe your pulling the same crap bungie is doing otherwise the game would already be at that stage if the game isnt complete why the heck would you have sold it to us to begin with thats dumber then preordering a PREORDER
    There are plenty of listings describing what ALPHA, BETA, EARLY ACCESS, etc types of games are and what should be expected when you enter into a program like this. While some studios abandon their projects pretty quickly, this pair (TT&TFP) have shown no signs of letting up, so while at times this game is like a slightly nutty significant other, (s)he's still a lot of fun.

For perspectives sake, John Carmack (idSoft founder), when asked by reviewers, gamers etc about the completion date of any of his new projects, dating all the way back to DOOM, would always answer the same way:

"When it's done"

So, yeah, it's kinda buggy, but I guarantee you that your $$/per hour spent on this are so low that it should be very appealing to continue as long as it's still a fun game for you to play.

If not, then go ahead and hit a AAA title for $70 or some random free to play that might cost you $xxxx before it's all said and done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maniakadam1 View Post
    Update isn't gonna delete my game is it?!😢
    Nope, and no restart needed either. Clare's very good at posting exactly what is changed/fixed etc with each patch and this info always appears at the top of the first page of this thread. 👍👍