Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian adaptation

Refugee

Russian adaptation

Hello, I not English-speaking also ask to forgive me in not the accuracy of the translation in advance (or gross forms).
    tell please why there are no Russian versions of a game? maybe in plans is available? it would be desirable to have a complete support of Russian from original developers of a game, but not to seek the redrawn fonts elsewhere?
    And whether there will be a support in the future of the Russian players?
    Perhaps intentionally there is no translation into Russian?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo0ot View Post
    Hello, I not English-speaking also ask to forgive me in not the accuracy of the translation in advance (or gross forms).
    tell please why there are no Russian versions of a game? maybe in plans is available? it would be desirable to have a complete support of Russian from original developers of a game, but not to seek the redrawn fonts elsewhere?
    And whether there will be a support in the future of the Russian players?
    Perhaps intentionally there is no translation into Russian?
    Hello BoOot! Well, this game is in alpha stage at the time, so it is definitely possible - especially if you mean "Russian Text"/"Russian Language" within the game and stuff. I think there is only one other supported language but I can not find it at the present time. In the future it shouldn't be much of a problem for translation to Russian, or almost any other language.

If you're talking about something else, then I can not be sure.

A translation to Russian is planned.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    I've noticed they had the foresight to scale text to fit the available space in user interface elements, which is an important part of making languages like Russian feasible.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    italian?
    i'm ok(ish) with english but i play with my nephew and he could use a translation
    if you, or someone else, can suggest how to do i'm happy to do it myself

Maybe Italian. Iíve pitched to them a few times now to let fans do the grunt work but they have said no. They have a plan for translations. Before anyone else asks I donít know all the languages they plan to do.

Tracker
    do you know what files, and with what software, should be modified for an adaptation or i should ask in the modding section?
    only Localization and localization-quest?

Inventor
    I couldn't tell you how to add another language to menu options, but replacing the English text in both Localization files should turn it into the language you want. Those are both .txt files so you can edit them with your text editor of choice. Make sure you make a back-up of your translated file as Steam might "repair" it to default.

If you find that you need to edit .xml files, a lot of people here think you need Notepad++ to save as UTF-8 but I have never had an issue using Notepad without all the extraneous +'s.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Maybe Italian. I’ve pitched to them a few times now to let fans do the grunt work but they have said no. They have a plan for translations. Before anyone else asks I don’t know all the languages they plan to do.
    Nihali or nothing. Screw this game if it doesn't represent my people!

Refugee
    I thank for the response!
    perhaps, you know when?) in 17 there is such opportunity?

Maybe Italian. Iíve pitched to them a few times now to let fans do the grunt work but they have said no. They have a plan for translations. Before anyone else asks I donít know all the languages they plan to do.
    I'd gladly do the Italian translation

They need a translation to Olthoi. They're halfway there with some of the noises the spider zombie makes.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    I couldn't tell you how to add another language to menu options, but replacing the English text in both Localization files should turn it into the language you want. Those are both .txt files so you can edit them with your text editor of choice. Make sure you make a back-up of your translated file as Steam might "repair" it to default.

If you find that you need to edit .xml files, a lot of people here think you need Notepad++ to save as UTF-8 but I have never had an issue using Notepad without all the extraneous +'s.
    tnx

I asked many times to do the italian translation, i had completed it for the a15 times ago but now with a16 everything is changed in the files and is all messed up. If the developers want it they just need to ask.

WAIT!!!
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...anslation-Tool

I haven't checked it out but yall may want to take a look!!!