Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tin'sMod: The Dying Lands.

Quote Originally Posted by toores View Post
    I'm confused. I decided to try this mod today and i turned "always run" on. I've encountered only few zombies so far but none of them are running. What aren't i getting?

EDIT:
    Oh, i see, they have different walking/running speeds no matter the setting.
    Yes, I went with variety. I may need to have 2 different versions though at some point. It's seems ppl are pretty split on difficulty.
    For now you can open the spawning.xml and just increase the the max_count for the differing biomes in the "Day" lines if the challenge for you seems underwhelming just out n about.
    Either way, thanks for trying it out and hope it fulfills in some parts some of what you're looking for.

*** Update Jan 2 2018 ***
    Minor update toned down the business strip spawn some (was a little much).

err.. and um.. I actually acknowledge it's 2018 now instead of 2017 in the D/l Link
    Last edited by Tin; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:43 PM.

Ranger
    the current city im in tin is roughly 750x750 took me 3 days to uncover it all and im sticking with the original downlaod i took as i hate decreased spawns its how i am

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer777 View Post
    the current city im in tin is roughly 750x750 took me 3 days to uncover it all and im sticking with the original downlaod i took as i hate decreased spawns its how i am
    heh, the spawns haven't been downgraded just shifted. Hotels are full like they should be (imo) Stores are packed, gas stations are actually occupied etc,.. It's all good though, enjoy it how you like it

.. and awesome about the city

Zombie Hunter
    Looks like all the excitement has died down a bit

After running this for several days, I really don't have any complaints. I haven't yet found and significant cities - so far just small towns. I found a Higashi Pharma, and one construction site, but that is it for big buildings. Still looking for that big hub/city/town

I did nerf the zombie spawn a bit, and due to requests from players, nerfed feral run speed also as the lesser experienced players go tired of being run down by ferals right off the bat. Just a bit of tweaking to help level the playing field a bit. I also tweak player run speed, stack size, and a few recipes, but that has nothing to do with your mod.

Excellent work! I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - the biomes are beautiful! I didn't know you could get rwgmixer to do this, the scenery is so much more natural and playable. Gone are those miserable continent sized lakes, gone are those mountains-mountains-everywhere, gone are those water-water-everywhere worlds .

Quote Originally Posted by zootal View Post
    Looks like all the excitement has died down a bit

After running this for several days, I really don't have any complaints. I haven't yet found and significant cities - so far just small towns. I found a Higashi Pharma, and one construction site, but that is it for big buildings. Still looking for that big hub/city/town

I did nerf the zombie spawn a bit, and due to requests from players, nerfed feral run speed also as the lesser experienced players go tired of being run down by ferals right off the bat. Just a bit of tweaking to help level the playing field a bit. I also tweak player run speed, stack size, and a few recipes, but that has nothing to do with your mod.

Excellent work! I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - the biomes are beautiful! I didn't know you could get rwgmixer to do this, the scenery is so much more natural and playable. Gone are those miserable continent sized lakes, gone are those mountains-mountains-everywhere, gone are those water-water-everywhere worlds .
    Thanks. The finding of those massive sized hubs was my doing in that they just had too much stuff and you were set for the rest of the game just finding one. You can set a couple of the hubs bigger if you want but I would suggest not to exceed 1281x1281.

If I was to pick:

Code:
    <hub_rule name="mediumOutpost">

<hub_type value="rural"/>

<width value="252, 294" /> <-- change to "1281,1281"
    	<height value="252, 294" />  <-- change to "1281,1281"

<path_material value="asphalt" />
    	<path_radius value="11" />

<prefab_rule name="Settlement_Pois"/>

<street_gen level="20" length_multiplier="3">	<!-- street_gen= How many time the rules will get run through. length_multiplier= Each street sections length. -->

<axiom value="[-FFT][-FFT][-FFT]-FF[+FFT][-FFT][-FFT]"/>   <!-- Main rule used for streets before using the rules -->

<rule char="T" replace_with="[+FFF*][-FFF*][-FFF*]-FFF[+FFF*][-FFF*][-FFF*]"/>
    		<rule char="I" replace_with="[-FF*][-FF*][-FF*]-FF[+FF*][-FF*][-FF*]"/>
    		<rule char="N" replace_with="[FF*][-FF*][+FF*][--FF*][+FF*][-FF*][++FF*]"/> 						
    		<rule char="A" replace_with="[-FFFI][-FFFI][-FFFI]-FFF[+FFFI][-FFFI][-FFFI]"/> 					
    		<rule char="B" replace_with="[FFFF*][-FFFF*][+FFFF*][--FFFF*][+FFFF*][-FFFF*][++FFFF*]"/>
    		<rule char="C" replace_with="[FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][--FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][++FF+FF*]"/>
    		<rule char="D" replace_with="[FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][--FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][++FF-FF*]"/>
    		<rule char="E" replace_with="[FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][--FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][++FFF+F*]"/>
    		<rule char="G" replace_with="[FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][--FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][++FFF-F*]"/>

<alt_commands chars="T,I,N,A,B,C,D,E,G"/>

</street_gen>

</hub_rule>
    This is the hub I would change to increase in size. You definitely wouldn't want every hub max size but changing the medium settlement hub would give you quite a bit to choose from.

Ranger
    tim is there a way u could remove that smoke screen in ur mod as it makes some days near impossible to play or do anything as it makes visibility zero

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer777 View Post
    tim is there a way u could remove that smoke screen in ur mod as it makes some days near impossible to play or do anything as it makes visibility zero
    '?' Guessing: Single player game. You'll be playing for a few day's in game and it get's a really heavy fog and it just sticks until you exit the game and then when you load the game again it's all clear for a few days then get's that real heavy fog again?

If so, that is something internal with the SP game itself (in vanilla as well) and I can't do anything about it. Only solution that I know of is exit than reload or set up the game on a server and play it that way and you'll not have an issue. I run into the same issue every 5th or 6th day in game when playing SP (or just hosting and it'll just be on my end). The issue has been around for awhile.

If that's not it, I'll need more info to go on or a pic as to what you're seeing followed with a touch more explanation on whats occurring.
    Last edited by Tin; 1 Week Ago at 01:24 AM.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    '?' Guessing: Single player game. You'll be playing for a few day's in game and it get's a really heavy fog and it just sticks until you exit the game and then when you load the game again it's all clear for a few days then get's that real heavy fog again?

If so, that is something internal with the SP game itself (in vanilla as well) and I can't do anything about it. Only solution that I know of is exit than reload or set up the game on a server and play it that way and you'll not have an issue. I run into the same issue every 5th or 6th day in game when playing SP (or just hosting and it'll just be on my end). The issue has been around for awhile.

If that's not it, I'll need more info to go on or a pic as to what you're seeing followed with a touch more explanation on whats occurring.
    I experience this bug in vanilla often.. do u know if the Devs are aware?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    I experience this bug in vanilla often.. do u know if the Devs are aware?
    Yeah pretty sure they know about it
    It may just be one of those things that's a pain to fix but it doesn't warrant a concentrated effort to rectify till later down the road. It sux and all that but going by default that's 5 or 6 hours of game play and may be a beta thing to tackle in their minds xD

Just a little heads up info:
    Came across a really good resource saver that I just can't ignore. So in the process of tweaking it into the game and then some further testing but it should be coming in the near future.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Thanks. The finding of those massive sized hubs was my doing in that they just had too much stuff and you were set for the rest of the game just finding one. You can set a couple of the hubs bigger if you want but I would suggest not to exceed 1281x1281.

If I was to pick:

Code:
    <hub_rule name="mediumOutpost">

<hub_type value="rural"/>

<width value="252, 294" /> <-- change to "1281,1281"
    	<height value="252, 294" />  <-- change to "1281,1281"

<path_material value="asphalt" />
    	<path_radius value="11" />

<prefab_rule name="Settlement_Pois"/>

<street_gen level="20" length_multiplier="3">	<!-- street_gen= How many time the rules will get run through. length_multiplier= Each street sections length. -->

<axiom value="[-FFT][-FFT][-FFT]-FF[+FFT][-FFT][-FFT]"/>   <!-- Main rule used for streets before using the rules -->

<rule char="T" replace_with="[+FFF*][-FFF*][-FFF*]-FFF[+FFF*][-FFF*][-FFF*]"/>
    		<rule char="I" replace_with="[-FF*][-FF*][-FF*]-FF[+FF*][-FF*][-FF*]"/>
    		<rule char="N" replace_with="[FF*][-FF*][+FF*][--FF*][+FF*][-FF*][++FF*]"/> 						
    		<rule char="A" replace_with="[-FFFI][-FFFI][-FFFI]-FFF[+FFFI][-FFFI][-FFFI]"/> 					
    		<rule char="B" replace_with="[FFFF*][-FFFF*][+FFFF*][--FFFF*][+FFFF*][-FFFF*][++FFFF*]"/>
    		<rule char="C" replace_with="[FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][--FF+FF*][+FF+FF*][-FF+FF*][++FF+FF*]"/>
    		<rule char="D" replace_with="[FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][--FF-FF*][+FF-FF*][-FF-FF*][++FF-FF*]"/>
    		<rule char="E" replace_with="[FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][--FFF+F*][+FFF+F*][-FFF+F*][++FFF+F*]"/>
    		<rule char="G" replace_with="[FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][--FFF-F*][+FFF-F*][-FFF-F*][++FFF-F*]"/>

<alt_commands chars="T,I,N,A,B,C,D,E,G"/>

</street_gen>

</hub_rule>
    This is the hub I would change to increase in size. You definitely wouldn't want every hub max size but changing the medium settlement hub would give you quite a bit to choose from.
    Just now trying that. Is there some significance to the number 1281? I look at that and I go hmmm 1024 or 1280 maybe.....

Zombie Hunter
    And here is a question you could probably answer - if I make this change, will it effect un-generated chunks, or do I need to create a new world to see it?

Quote Originally Posted by zootal View Post
    And here is a question you could probably answer - if I make this change, will it effect un-generated chunks, or do I need to create a new world to see it?
    I haven't really tested that out so I'll always say you'll need a new world but I have a -->feeling<-- it'll be fine but no promises.

*Info Update* Ran into a couple minor issues with the new stuff but it's coming.. Moar testing!!!!