Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death consequences needs to be toughen / More PVP tools

Tracker
    Just simple,
    Death takes your levels away, and eats points from random skill. So you just unlocked something you want, dont die.
    Of course this can be little bit cheated, by holding skill points in reserve. But it still hurts a lot.

Hunter
    then you lose all your levels after grinding for 30 hours since some guy found a sniper rifle and installed a aimbot

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Idea View Post
    then you lose all your levels after grinding for 30 hours since some guy found a sniper rifle and installed a aimbot
    yup, that is the risk in PvP. And those who play it, are prepared to take it. (This can also happen without the cheats mentioned). But 90% of the players play PvE, so this kind of things doesn't happen.

Scavenger
    Not a fan of the pvp aspect my self But i will say i do like the idea of the incline you are trying to point out in number 7, It would be intresting to see something similar to that for bases to be built with to allow players to fire down on zombis from their walls alittle easier while preventing the zombies from climbing up the walls. Forgive me tho if this is already in the came someplace and im just missing it tho..

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiDweller View Post
    yup, that is the risk in PvP. And those who play it, are prepared to take it. (This can also happen without the cheats mentioned). But 90% of the players play PvE, so this kind of things doesn't happen.
    Sorry man, this is simply not true. According to the number of servers that accept pvp is about 50/50. Also not to forget those servers accept larger number of people, so thats quite a number of PVP players to ignore.
    Also as I have mentioned before Wellness penalty is not good enough because some players are only raiding bases and not actually PVPing (as fighting other players). When you are high level you can survive on 75 Health no sweat. The wellness only needed in the actual PVP which they avoid. So the point is people put their bedrolls down, run into player's bases and keep dying time after time wearing turrets ammo off. Losing Health as mentioned has no deterrent. However they still get access to your base and game as it seem provides no repercussion to stop or prevent

Tracker
    Offtopic:

Quote Originally Posted by Koltes View Post
    Sorry man, this is simply not true. According to the number of servers that accept pvp is about 50/50. Also not to forget those servers accept larger number of people, so thats quite a number of PVP players to ignore.
    And all those people who play the game in solo / co-op private servers/hosts which are not listed. Just checking the server available doesn't really give picture how people play.

My assumption was based on the poll weeks ago how people play the game. Not any server listing. But when we dont have excat statistic we cannot have definite info. But i still would say majority is heavily on PvE side solo/co-op.

Refugee
    I think people need to learn some basic maturity before being allowed to post on here, so many comments are childish fools being offended by the idea of pvp being enhanced, yeah it's not made for pvp but that doesn't mean that 7 days to die doesn't still pull it off better than other games, nor does it mean pvp should get 0 attention. Personally I think the death penalty should be harsher, because at first you're all scared to die, but once it happens you realize how pointless it was to be so worried. Adding more onto the pvp points of this, stop telling people to just "go play another game" clearly these people prefer 7 days to die, so instead of slowly killing 7 days to dies player base, how about you all be helpful. If you disagree you don't need to jump down his throat, just say "pimps can work on pvp once the game is out of alpha, for now they need to complete the pve aspect" instead of telling people to go elsewhere. We all need to learn to help eachother and stop being so easily offended, it would be really sad if this game dies because people got mad at things that really didn't have any effect on them whatsoever and thus, scared players off with their salt.

I don't know about all of you, but I play games to have a break from work and all the negativity everyone faces in day to day life, I don't see why we cant all just be nicer to eachother, it isn't hard.