Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 Days to Die is on Steams Best Sellers of 2017 List

Inventor

7 Days to Die is on Steams Best Sellers of 2017 List

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/2017_best_sellers/

Granted, its in the Bronze category, but really... to even be on that list with all of the games that are out, is an achievement. =)

Congrats to TFP, keep up the good work!

part that i see or dont see.... (i like the game but i know a lot of people who like it more then me and its nowhere in any of the categories) ... and that is ARK hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    part that i see or dont see.... (i like the game but i know a lot of people who like it more then me and its nowhere in any of the categories) ... and that is ARK hmmmm
    Probably because they want too much for that game most of the time. I have it but I paid $15 for it and the normal price is $60. Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    Probably because they want too much for that game most of the time. I have it but I paid $15 for it and the normal price is $60. Boo!
    Ark is way overpriced now that its released.

Hunter
    Ark is at this point a funny 60$ dollar joke

Funnily enough, the Bronze section is the one from which I have the most games in my library. I've got exactly none of the top sellers.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
    Funnily enough, the Bronze section is the one from which I have the most games in my library. I've got exactly none of the top sellers.
    Almost the same here. I have RocketLeague from the platinum, (although I'm on the PS4 version more), and I've got 11 titles from bronze.
    Not all are from Steam though. I picked a few up from GOG.

Glad to see 7DtD is at the same level as Left 4 Dead 2, my favorite zombie game in the past

Refugee
    I saw they made it up there too. Congratulations Fun Pimps!

Linux gamer here which limits some of my choices. I own ARK (which is the first entry) but that's it in the Platinum section and only Rust for Gold and Silver. There are at least a half dozen other ones I would buy if they had Linux versions, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/sale/2017_best_sellers/

Granted, its in the Bronze category, but really... to even be on that list with all of the games that are out, is an achievement. =)

Congrats to TFP, keep up the good work!
    7 days is an extremely popular game with its building/survival mechanics, and there are many clones and re-clones of existing games which is becoming redundant.

7days Dev team are extremely talented but they need to fix most of their bug problems before worrying about how pretty they make the game look. Honestly most players can't run those graphics on high because it drains your FPS rate harshly.

Due to very little multiplayer support most players that look for that experience stop playing it soon after purchase as most of the challenge lies within gimmicks and combating hacker problems if you play online.

Example
    *Zed zigzag running --> this is really unnecessary.
    *Random head movements and twitching --> makes sense, but again, its not necessary, its only there to make it harder to get consistent head shots and waste ammo.

These gimmicks often just handicap the player or make something unrealistically difficult as far as modern physics are concerned, like shooting an irradiated feral zed in the head multiple times and it not dying.

If the devs would relax on their holy grail of PVE religion and give some multiplayer/PVP attention the game would not only seller more, but the players would stay and play longer, and you still will have your SP playerbase,

I started playing it about 4 years ago, and almost none of the people I played with have stayed while some just log in to check patches.

but as it stays the game looks pretty, but often very unplayable with unstable graphics, insane amounts of bugs, very little protection against hackers. With every patch we get even more broken physics, making it harder to build.

Inb4 "Its an alpha game" and "go play another game." and "It was never meant to be pvp." Those are honestly ignorant over-used replies to a 4 year old game.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    Due to very little multiplayer support most players that look for that experience stop playing it soon after purchase as most of the challenge lies within gimmicks and combating hacker problems if you play online.

If the devs would relax on their holy grail of PVE religion and give some multiplayer/PVP attention the game would not only seller more, but the players would stay and play longer, and you still will have your SP playerbase,

Inb4 "Its an alpha game" and "go play another game." and "It was never meant to be pvp." Those are honestly ignorant over-used replies to a 4 year old game.
    PvE actually is a multiplayer experience. The game already has multiplayer support in spades as it has one of the most robust and rewarding multiplayer co-operative experience of ANY game on the market.

I would submit that 7 Days to Die does so well because the overall market is flooded with competitive PvP games. This game has differentiated itself and focused on a road less traveled by other game companies. I can't number how many emails TFP has gotten from families and friends who talk about how much the game has positively affected their relationships as they work together to build, explore, harvest, and survive.

Not EVERY game in the marketplace needs to be PvP focused, friend. You have so many options out there for the type of competitive experience you crave. It is okay for there to exist one game where cooperative PvE is at the forefront and PvP takes a back seat.

Would a focus on PvP equal more sales? Sure. And the developers know it. They follow the the sales history of other games on the market that are PvP focused. But they have absolute integrity (so far) to their vision of what they wanted to create and I would be shocked and surprised if they were to "sell out" and go the PvP route in order to chase sales.

Just wait until the gun overhaul of A17 puts another nail in the PvP coffin. No, the game continues to trend upwards while doing what it has been doing and scratches a different itch than the PvP competitive games out there so there really is no need to change what they are doing.

That's my feedback to you sans "ignorant" cliche phrases for a 4-year old indev game.
    Last edited by Roland; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:05 PM.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    7 days is an extremely popular game with its building/survival mechanics, and there are many clones and re-clones of existing games which is becoming redundant.

7days Dev team are extremely talented but they need to fix most of their bug problems before worrying about how pretty they make the game look. Honestly most players can't run those graphics on high because it drains your FPS rate harshly.

Example
    *Zed zigzag running --> this is really unnecessary.
    *Random head movements and twitching --> makes sense, but again, its not necessary, its only there to make it harder to get consistent head shots and waste ammo.

These gimmicks often just handicap the player or make something unrealistically difficult as far as modern physics are concerned, like shooting an irradiated feral zed in the head multiple times and it not dying.

I started playing it about 4 years ago, and almost none of the people I played with have stayed while some just log in to check patches.

but as it stays the game looks pretty, but often very unplayable with unstable graphics, insane amounts of bugs, very little protection against hackers. With every patch we get even more broken physics, making it harder to build.

This times 10.
    I'm with you bud. 100% of the people on my friends list played this game at one point or another over the years. I say less than 10% play it now. We all met on different pvp servers. But we see how that has gone over the last year or so.

Interesting..
    Goes to store page on Jan 6th 2018.
    Clicks early access tab, then clicks top sellers tab..
    Sees 7days to die is the 8th one down from the top on the best sellers page for early access..
    Hmmm..
    Then checks and see's 16.5k ppl playing the game..
    Then sees the trends from it's release into early access..
    Yep! Must be doing something right!

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    uhm... no offense... but... are u blind? xD
    5th game in the "platin" category. It is one of the most successfull games in the last few years.
    I dont play it anymore, since 1500 hours make even the best game dull (and certain descicions they made and i dont support)
    but no one can deny its an absolute bestseller.