Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: Less Choices is always bad. More Choices is always good.

  1. #1
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,033
    Rep Power
    0

    Less Choices is always bad. More Choices is always good.

    This is a fact. Yet we canīt choose percentage of loot and enemy spawning any more. why? having more choices NEVER has any negative effect. Also it is SP. no balance problems.

    another step away from the genremix into just FPS with a few elements of the others.

    is this the same like the kiting? because some people donīt want others to have it too easy in a SP game?

    people who answer "you can mod" can save their energy, i know that. i am not interested in mods during alpha/beta
    Last edited by pApA^LeGBa; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,824
    Rep Power
    1
    by the way you can adjust loot and theres no modding. also there is multiplayer and you can adjust mod spawns. your wrong on every point
    Last edited by davethebakerx2; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:00 PM.

  3. #3
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    5,693
    Rep Power
    1
    1. Moving this to the correct forum section.

    2. What the hell are you rambling on about? You still have the ability to make these changes for SP. It's under the "Modded Options" setting.

    3. What do you mean when you say "is this the same like the kiting"? That makes no sense either.

  4. #4
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,824
    Rep Power
    1
    i don't know what genremix or the kiting is either

  5. #5
    QA Tester unholyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    south central U.S. in Arkansas
    Posts
    1,694
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
    This is a fact. Yet we canīt choose percentage of loot and enemy spawning any more. why? having more choices NEVER has any negative effect. Also it is SP. no balance problems.

    another step away from the genremix into just FPS with a few elements of the others.

    is this the same like the kiting? because some people donīt want others to have it too easy in a SP game?

    people who answer "you can mod" can save their energy, i know that. i am not interested in mods during alpha/beta
    B U T ground works is being added for just that, "Modding" .... IF the pimps added everything that everybody wanted... then there would be no need for mods/support and the game will never get finished because people are always wanting (Facts of Life). sorry that wasnt a rant just observation.

    but reality... some options are being added in pieces and cant be there all at once. so be patient, one day it'll be done and then the modders can do everything they want.

    now this is for a laugh, you said "people who answer "you can mod" can save their energy, i know that. i am not interested in mods during alpha/beta"

    but if you yourself changes ANY setting via options then you ARE Modding.
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:23 PM.

  6. #6
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Clubhouse
    Posts
    3,233
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    B U T ground works is being added for just that, "Modding" .... IF the pimps added everything that everybody wanted... then there would be no need for mods/support and the game will never get finished because people are always wanting (Facts of Life). sorry that wasnt a rant just observation.

    but reality... some options are being added in pieces and cant be there all at once. so be patient, one day it'll be done and then the modders can do everything they want.

    now this is for a laugh, you said "people who answer "you can mod" can save their energy, i know that. i am not interested in mods during alpha/beta"

    but if you yourself changes ANY setting via options then you ARE Modding.
    Great point Joe. People want options but what they really do not understand is they are not a magic switch. Those options are in effect the tiny AI modders in your pc, and when you flip the 50 percent spawn switch those ai modders are scurrying to edit the spawning.xml for you. Its all modding, and the options you see in the menu are all things that can be done without the options ui by modding the xml.

    So those AGAINST modding but FOR options.... you are protesting Soda in favor of cola.

  7. #7
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Somewhere in Random Gen
    Posts
    450
    Rep Power
    1
    C'Mon, Jax.....what about pop? I want pop.

  8. #8
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,824
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosterone View Post
    C'Mon, Jax.....what about pop? I want pop.
    energy drinks? i just call that pop.

    - - - Updated - - -

    by the way the game keeps getting better. keep up the great work

  9. #9
    Inventor Bimbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Republic Of Texas
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    1
    Folks just cant take the time
    to open a GAMENAME.CFG with dos Edit anymore.

    Next we'll probably hear them want the game to autodetect the soundcard
    instead of commenting out the SB16 block, uncommenting the GravisUltrasound block, and typing in the port & irq

    Oh, and dont get me started on trying to get the Matrox 3d working

  10. #10
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,033
    Rep Power
    0
    i am not asking to add anything. just to get something back we already had.

    i have no clue how i could not see the loot. it is there. but the percentage for how many enemies spawn is gone.

    again, i am not asking to add anything new.

    if it comes to option that influence the game difficulty and circumstance more is always better. so i might ask for some things i future that are new maybe, who knows. that has nothing to do with wanting it easy. itīs a about diversity. no matter wich game, people always assume you ask for something because you want easymode. meh.

    and even if it is about easy mode. who the F cares? itīs a game with focus on SP.

    what i mean with kiting is, that there actually were people rambling about that others use horizontal iron bars and just kite the Zīs from above. in freaking SP game they made a fuss that others can have it too easy. i just found it disturbing why they wanted to tell others how to play so badly.

    or is kiting the wrong word? not sure here :P
    Last edited by pApA^LeGBa; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:07 PM.

  11. #11
    Tracker Minandreas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    1
    That is not a fact... More choices can be bad. Pro tip for life.

    However, this is not such a case. I'm all for more options for customizing the game experience. So long as they are sufficiently tucked away as to not overwhelm a new player with things they shouldn't be fiddling with yet.

  12. #12
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,033
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Minandreas View Post
    That is not a fact... More choices can be bad. Pro tip for life.

    However, this is not such a case. I'm all for more options for customizing the game experience. So long as they are sufficiently tucked away as to not overwhelm a new player with things they shouldn't be fiddling with yet.
    i am ofc talking about the game here. also there is 2 options in the menu for difficulty and circumstances. standard and modded. donīt touch modded as a new player. simple.

  13. #13
    QA Tester unholyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    south central U.S. in Arkansas
    Posts
    1,694
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by pApA^LeGBa View Post
    i am ofc talking about the game here. also there is 2 options in the menu for difficulty and circumstances. standard and modded. donīt touch modded as a new player. simple.
    W H U T ! you know you just told people to mod the hell out of a game while they are newbs dont ya? People will do the opposite of what they are told to do just because!

  14. #14
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,033
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    W H U T ! you know you just told people to mod the hell out of a game while they are newbs dont ya? People will do the opposite of what they are told to do just because!
    no i did not. donīt touch modded as a new player is what i said. itīs what the logic says. itīs what should be there so new players donīt get confused to easy. also i just described the game. so actually i said nothing. i just quoted...

    also where did enemie memory go? why would you cripple down the options? any good reason besides "they donīt want to play us that way"? wich is lousy argument.

    could we get on topic when ya all done with bashing?

  15. #15
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Spending some Time at Portia
    Posts
    9,847
    Rep Power
    1
    I know you’ve been away awhile, Papa, but the game STILL is in development so the options menu is not final. They are not making a statement on how they want us to play. They are simply streamlining as they strive to balance things.

    Fewer options is always better for development and getting consistent feedback. Welcome back

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •