View Poll Results: Which option most closely aligns with your opinion about the look of the zombies.

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • The zombies look like people. They need to be redrawn to be more decayed, gory, and scary.

    16 32.65%
  • The zombies look like zombies. The artistic choice used by the developers is fine and consistent.

    32 65.31%
  • The zombies are too scary and gross and need to be toned down

    1 2.04%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 124

Thread: Just a little criticism...

  1. #46
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,889
    Rep Power
    1
    I disagree with your freedom.

  2. #47
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Spending some Time at Portia
    Posts
    9,847
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    Really, i dont need to flame with you, but ALL you have wrote is for me insignificant and out of topic. The problem is only one: Have i the permission to criticize what in my opinion IS aesthetically a failure in this game or as soon as i express this opinion someone like you appears to give me lesson on what is aesthetical and what is not, and on what is the true sense of life? Really, your post bored me. If i m a free person, Pimps must accept also those who hard criticize one aspect or the other of their creation...i dont need your lessons. Like i said, zombies in this game are really badly drawn down! They are not zombies to my eyes...they just make me think to many other games in wich zombies are, on the opposite, really nicely drawn down and really scaring. And i think they ruins the atmosphere and the involvement of this game, making it much less scary. Ok? You don t need to have my same persuasion and/or opinion about this matter, and i dont care, really! Salutations
    Hmmm...something got lost in translation I think.

    Okay, new tactic: I agree with you that the zombies could be drawn and animated better. I hope they work on this too.

    Salutations and Mazel Tov!
    Last edited by Roland; 1 Week Ago at 08:57 PM.

  3. #48
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,889
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Salutations and Mazel Tov!
    Salivating matzah balls to you, too!

  4. #49
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    So... you want the freedom to criticize, but don't want to allow anyone the freedom to disagree?
    No, the fact is that a moderator tried to teach me what is the truth and what is not about zombies...is not so a simple question like you try to make it. I want the freedom to criticize and and anyone is free to reply...but if you reply with nonsense and just in the way the moderator did, i m free to tell you that i dont need your lesson...Is it clear now? I want only say: those zombies are badly drawn down! And plz, don t try to demonstrate that i m wrong, becouse i m not wrong! Is simply my way to see them and not you nor anyone can change my aesthetic taste! If you have another taste, ok, but i continue to say that those zombies are bad. And i m not the only one to think that...but pheraps i m the first who dare write it on this forum! Ok now? Be safe and secure in your vault! Salutations!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Hmmm...something got lost in translation I think.

    Okay, new tactic: I agree with you that the zombies could be drawn and animated better. I hope they work on this too.

    Salutations and Mazel Tov!
    So we see, if I wrote in my mother tongue, which is Italian, and you were on an Italian forum, I do not think you could even write two lines to answer me, so do not be irony that I would have misunderstood what you meant, because instead I understood very well what it was that you meant. At least I on a forum in English I understand, and I can respond to everyone, but you on an Italian forum I do not think you could say two words in a line of meaning or make yourself understood by anyone, if you were forced to use my language as I am forced to use yours here. Since you're doing the ... translate this. Greetings!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    I disagree with your freedom.
    It is a problem for you, not for me! I never said that you must agree with me, and furthermore: CUI PRODEST? Salutations!
    Last edited by SylenThunder; 6 Days Ago at 11:52 AM. Reason: cleanup

  5. #50
    Reconstructionist Katitof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    537
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Siveria View Post
    They also need some backstory as to how you wake up bascally naked in the middle of no where suddendly
    The big black guy in sunglasses offered you two pills.

    You've picked the wrong one.

  6. #51
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Spending some Time at Portia
    Posts
    9,847
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    So we see, if I wrote in my mother tongue, which is Italian, and you were on an Italian forum, I do not think you could even write two lines to answer me, so do not be irony that I would have misunderstood what you meant, because instead I understood very well what it was that you meant. At least I on a forum in English I understand, and I can respond to everyone, but you on an Italian forum I do not think you could say two words in a line of meaning or make yourself understood by anyone, if you were forced to use my language as I am forced to use yours here. Since you're doing the ... translate this. Greetings!

    You are being incredibly aggressive here. I did not and will not prevent you from posting your opinion. I was giving you an out for your over-the-top response by suggesting a language gap. But maybe its not language. Maybe it's just cultural as you seem to be hypersensitive about freedom of speech and incredibly worried that somehow I'm going to shut you down or because as a moderator if I disagree with you that I'm going to prevent your side from being heard. No mafia or Vatican here, bub. As long as you keep things civil, your opinion won't be stopped and you can continue to post and be heard. Sounds like Italian forums are a bit different than here. I'm certain I could post my opinion just fine in that forum but maybe it would be immediately removed if the Italian moderators didn't agree for some reason. I don't play that way...

    Now, this is a public forum and people are allowed to disagree with you. But if you can't keep your cool in a conversation where not everyone agrees with you then maybe you should post in your own private diary or something. That will always net you 100% agreement.

    You keep posting that the Pimps must make this change to the aesthetics of the zombies because YOU don't like it. I'm telling you that you are not a big enough sample size for that to matter to them. In fact the only sample size that is big enough to make that matter is one that includes Joel Huenink in it, period.

  7. #52
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,889
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    It is a problem for you, not for me! I never said that you must agree with me, and furthermore: CUI PRODEST? Salutations!
    I disagree with your literal interpretation of my almost, but not quite, entirely unlike ambivalent statement.

  8. #53
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    You are being incredibly aggressive here. I did not and will not prevent you from posting your opinion. I was giving you an out for your over-the-top response by suggesting a language gap. But maybe its not language. Maybe it's just cultural as you seem to be hypersensitive about freedom of speech and incredibly worried that somehow I'm going to shut you down or because as a moderator if I disagree with you that I'm going to prevent your side from being heard. No mafia or Vatican here, bub. As long as you keep things civil, your opinion won't be stopped and you can continue to post and be heard. Sounds like Italian forums are a bit different than here. I'm certain I could post my opinion just fine in that forum but maybe it would be immediately removed if the Italian moderators didn't agree for some reason. I don't play that way...

    Now, this is a public forum and people are allowed to disagree with you. But if you can't keep your cool in a conversation where not everyone agrees with you then maybe you should post in your own private diary or something. That will always net you 100% agreement.

    You keep posting that the Pimps must make this change to the aesthetics of the zombies because YOU don't like it. I'm telling you that you are not a big enough sample size for that to matter to them. In fact the only sample size that is big enough to make that matter is one that includes Joel Huenink in it, period.
    I don t need the agreement of all the people who read my post. I think in Italy or in every other country is the same. Apart from cultural differences, is the same. Freedom is a problem in every corner of the world. But apart from this, i think that what i wrote about zombies is the truth. And even if I was the only one to think in that way it doesn t means that i ve no right: infact often the truth is neglected by the majority. Listen to me...question of tastes? Yes in part is a question of tastes, but in part is not. If you want to draw a zombie it must appears like an horribile walking corpse: it may be at different stages of putrescence, it can be naked or dressed, it can be black or white, male or female, policemen or nurse, but it must be horrible anyway, and it must inspire fear! Becouse it is a MONSTER! The Zombie is one of the classic horror archetypes. You cannot draw it like if it was a normal person with some head injuries or some problem of make up at the mouth. Is the designer trying to kidding me? Really? Ok, i think i ve explained well! So, if i m the only to say that, anyway Pimps should listen to me, becouse the zombies problem is not only the raving of a madman like me, but it is a defect clearly and universally recognizable. Post scriptum: i dont like any of the zombies in this game, and in my opinion they all need a radical remake, but some of them are worse than others, ridicolus and laughable: The policemen, or the nurse for example are worse than others in my opinion. Really a masterpiece of the worst way to drawn down a zombie...but all anyway are really bad, bad and furthermore bad for a game with brilliant mechanics like this. If the game in my opinion was a bad game i would have not play it for 3000 hours, and now i would not spend my time on this forum. And really, i think Pimps should listen to my voice, even if i m the only to say what i say. Best regards! p.s. also the Biker, the big guy, and the other big guy, the wood cutter in the snow biome, are really pathetic, but all are pathetic in my opinion. I stop here, becouse you could accuse me to be irreverent...bye!
    Last edited by Spartacus_Red; 1 Week Ago at 10:10 AM.

  9. #54
    Hunter OneArmedBandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    1
    ...sorry, can't help myself...

    "You cannot draw it like if it was a normal person with some head injuries or some problem of make up at the mouth..."

    ...why not exactly?? what makes your opinion, how a zombie should look, more valuable than the devs ones? How can you possibly think that there is "a way" to draw a zombie which is the only one that can be???

    I, i.e., really dislike the appearance of zombies in "The Walking Dead". i can't actually tell you why though, they just have something odd about them in my opinion. And that is while they come really close to what you describe as how a zombie "must" look. Would I be happy with zombies in 7dtd looking that way? cetainly not!

    As I stated before: I, too, don't think that they are ideal. I agree, that there might be a somewhat "better" way to design them.

    but in the end all what matters is, how TFP want to make their game and how they want it to look like.

    Tl;dr: thank you for your oppinion, it is appreciated as anyone elses! but please refrain from forcing it like this, because that really doesn't help anybody

  10. #55
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    7,286
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by OneArmedBandit View Post
    ...why not exactly?? what makes your opinion, how a zombie should look, more valuable than the devs ones? How can you possibly think that there is "a way" to draw a zombie which is the only one that can be???
    Actually the nazis solved that problem.
    There were rules for what was "degenerate art" so artists could confidently create correct art.

  11. #56
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    becouse the zombies problem is not only the raving of a madman like me, but it is a defect clearly and universally recognizable.
    If it was universally recognizable why doesn't everyone agree? Are we just sock puppets of a mad moderator intent on trolling you?

  12. #57
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OneArmedBandit View Post
    ...sorry, can't help myself...

    "You cannot draw it like if it was a normal person with some head injuries or some problem of make up at the mouth..."

    ...why not exactly?? what makes your opinion, how a zombie should look, more valuable than the devs ones? How can you possibly think that there is "a way" to draw a zombie which is the only one that can be???

    I, i.e., really dislike the appearance of zombies in "The Walking Dead". i can't actually tell you why though, they just have something odd about them in my opinion. And that is while they come really close to what you describe as how a zombie "must" look. Would I be happy with zombies in 7dtd looking that way? cetainly not!

    As I stated before: I, too, don't think that they are ideal. I agree, that there might be a somewhat "better" way to design them.

    but in the end all what matters is, how TFP want to make their game and how they want it to look like.

    Tl;dr: thank you for your oppinion, it is appreciated as anyone elses! but please refrain from forcing it like this, because that really doesn't help anybody


    Evidently you should look at them better. Take a more accurate look to those zombies and you will see that their body anatomy is like the anatomy of a living human...not a single sign o corruption or putrescence. Not a decayed part of the chest, the legs or the arms, (with the exception of the big guy feral, that is the only in this game that you could call "zombie"), and infact and in effect they are not zombies. They seems living persons with a different skin colour (in order to simulate decay) and with some wound in the head or the mouth always in order to simulate decay...they are really BAD drawn down! They were drawn down in a very simply way, without any effort to render a credible zombie status on the models. Yes, it is perfectly possible that some corpse are so fresh that corruption is not started evidently, but it can be true in some case, and in only few cases.Instead in Seven Days to Die, all the zombies (with the exception of one feral) seem dead from few hours. But apart from this, they are drwned down in a way that is not scaring or dramatic. They seem more CARICATURES of what a zombie should look. That is EVIDENT. Is not my opinion, everybody can be able to notice that, after the right observation. But i dont want to lose other time on this matter. I ve clearly explained what i mean. If Pimps will neglect this problem the quality of this game (i talk of the graphic aspect naturally, not of the whole game) will suffer very much. They spent time to remake the animals, to introduce new structures and architectural elements, but they neglect the zombies...very bad! Greetings

  13. #58
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Clubhouse
    Posts
    3,233
    Rep Power
    1
    I guess it doesn't help that from my experiences there are a LOT of people who love this game and have never seen a Romero movie. The game isn't ONLY a zombie game, even though it is what I love first and foremost about it.

    I don't need dirtier zombies. In my opinion the zombies from Walking Dead are so generic and interchangeable they are boring as f. What I WOULD love is more variety. Like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead. No rotters, no skeletons. Just dead people looking like a reanimated corpse. The zombies in 7 Days are fine. They look like a TRUE zombie as defined in movies like Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, hell even Re-Animator. THOSe are classic zombies, not the poor excuses you see on WD because the effects dept likes to keep them grey and brown so they can digitize 100 into a scene easily.

  14. #59
    Ranger Bubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Olympus
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    I guess it doesn't help that from my experiences there are a LOT of people who love this game and have never seen a Romero movie. The game isn't ONLY a zombie game, even though it is what I love first and foremost about it.

    I don't need dirtier zombies. In my opinion the zombies from Walking Dead are so generic and interchangeable they are boring as f. What I WOULD love is more variety. Like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead. No rotters, no skeletons. Just dead people looking like a reanimated corpse. The zombies in 7 Days are fine. They look like a TRUE zombie as defined in movies like Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, hell even Re-Animator. THOSe are classic zombies, not the poor excuses you see on WD because the effects dept likes to keep them grey and brown so they can digitize 100 into a scene easily.

  15. #60
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Actually the nazis solved that problem.
    There were rules for what was "degenerate art" so artists could confidently create correct art.
    Hey, plz, dont talk about of nazism or fascism. This discussion is far away from what you have wrote. It is only a discussion about the graphic aspect of a game. Furthermore here in Italy (but also in the country with the flag that you show, Germany) fascism and nazism were diffused. My family was politically persecuted from fascists, ok? So plz don t talk about things that are far beyond this game. And furthemore again, those who estabilished an artistic canon of beauty and proportion,(an artistic rule of proportion and beauty, with Policleto and Lisippo) were not the nazis, dude, but the ancient Greeks, in Europe and in the western culture. And they called themselves the "homeland of democracy"! Ok? So plz...

    My God...only becouse i dared criticize the zombies so many trying to give me lessons or making insinuations that goes far beyond this game. Nice!!! It means that i ve reason! And that this criticism about zombies stings!

    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    If it was universally recognizable why doesn't everyone agree? Are we just sock puppets of a mad moderator intent on trolling you?
    Are you sure that no one agree? Lets make a poll and lets see!

    I guess it doesn't help that from my experiences there are a LOT of people who love this game and have never seen a Romero movie. The game isn't ONLY a zombie game, even though it is what I love first and foremost about it.

    I don't need dirtier zombies. In my opinion the zombies from Walking Dead are so generic and interchangeable they are boring as f. What I WOULD love is more variety. Like the zombies in Dawn of the Dead. No rotters, no skeletons. Just dead people looking like a reanimated corpse. The zombies in 7 Days are fine. They look like a TRUE zombie as defined in movies like Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, hell even Re-Animator. THOSe are classic zombies, not the poor excuses you see on WD because the effects dept likes to keep them grey and brown so they can digitize 100 into a scene easily.




    Aahahahah...true zombies? Really? My god! But ok, you are fine! Stay so fine !

    In truth the zombies are more ancient that the industry of Hollywood. The fear of the animated deads is ancient like every man culture...Sorry, but you make examples that...bla bla bla! Instead: "For the ancient Greeks, the dead were both a source of fear and a plea of supplications. Necrophobia, or fear of the dead, is a concept present in Greek culture since Neolithic times. At the heart of this phobia is the belief that corpses have the ability to revive and exist in a state that is neither life nor death"...ok? And the animated corpses are always the same, apart from the hystorical period. I dont need Romero to imagine how a zombie can be drawn down...OK?
    Well, i think this concept is clear now!

    https://www.seeker.com/ancient-greek...769961684.html
    Last edited by SylenThunder; 6 Days Ago at 11:47 AM. Reason: cleanup

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •