View Poll Results: Which option most closely aligns with your opinion about the look of the zombies.

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • The zombies look like people. They need to be redrawn to be more decayed, gory, and scary.

16 32.65%
  • The zombies look like zombies. The artistic choice used by the developers is fine and consistent.

32 65.31%
  • The zombies are too scary and gross and need to be toned down

1 2.04%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a little criticism...

Scavenger

Just a little criticism...

My intention is not to criticize this game in its nature...i really think it is the best horror survival game ever done since now, but i think this fact true for the game mechanics, and the game concept...Instead I dont think that this is true for the zombie design and the graphical zombies concept of this game. To be short, and to be understandable, if someone would ask my opinion about the artistic level of this game with a vote from 0 to 10 I could answer: 7 for the graphic enviroment (is a decent level), 6 for the graphic aspect of the playable characters (sufficent), but 2 for the graphic aspect of the zombies...and really i played this game quite 3000 hours and i loved it, but those zombies...My God...i cant say they are zombies...they seems more puppets that try to be scaring...but they are not scaring at all...sometime they seems funny instead...and ridicolous. They should be one of the most important and well developed aspect of the game, since it is a survival horror game with zombies horde, but they, the zombies, are a total fail (i refer to the graphic aspect and not to the zombies mechainics in game). They seems not zombies...in any aspect they seems not what they should seems...the exterior aspect, the way they move, or walk or run...
    I ve a prayer for the authors...I love this game, and i know my words could hurt you but is not my intention to make offence. I just only want to express my deep displeasure about the zombies in this game. They ruins the game, in my opinion. My prayer is : PLEASE, REDO THE ZOMBIES TOTALLY (the graphic aspect, the exterior, and also the way they move, but this second factor is less important than the art design). If you redo them totally i think this game will become a MILESTONE! Really. I enclose this images in order to explain my idea on what zombies should appear.

Best regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think your going to be happily surprised in a couple of months

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace312 View Post
    did i miss something joel said? ive watched all the videos and read nearly all devblogs... o_o what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Menace312 View Post
    Care to clarify? I have seen NOTHING on this in any blogs or videos or casual conversations amongst devs.

We getting new and improved zombies or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    did i miss something joel said? ive watched all the videos and read nearly all devblogs... o_o what do you mean?
    This.

Also, I thought part of the idea behind the way these zombies look is that the game is implying that the outbreak and zombification of the populous only happened recently. Which is why the bodies don't look very decayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Minandreas View Post
    This.

Also, I thought part of the idea behind the way these zombies look is that the game is implying that the outbreak and zombification of the populous only happened recently. Which is why the bodies don't look very decayed.
    I'm not sure. If the zombie apocalypse is just getting started in 7D2D Day 1, then they need to make weapons less crappy and car less rusty.
    I get the feel that its 2-5 years into the Zombie apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    I'm not sure. If the zombie apocalypse is just getting started in 7D2D Day 1, then they need to make weapons less crappy and car less rusty.
    True. Definitely some inconsistency in the aesthetic of the game.

Yes, the current zombie is very bad.
    Even wax doll of an old Alphas was at least funny...(what is a positive impact on the feeling of the entire game)

but now - just a gray mass, which irritates the eyes of its mediocrity.

PS: O...and...MoCap..... it's disgusting.... it's just my SUBJECTIVE opinion ... the old zombie was more natural.

PPS: and another question...
    i'm not against nudity in games - but, fu*k for what need that "stripper" ???
    Last edited by n2n1; 01-04-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    You mean you don't like 1 zombie that just keeps getting reskinned over and over?

Yup, zombies look pretty meh. Which is why I made this.

It's the best one can do without using complex modding tools or intricate coding. More pics.
    Last edited by Xtrakicking; 01-04-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minandreas View Post
    This.

My problem with the zombies is the fact they are clones, any nurse zombie are all carbon copy clones, and since zombies used to be people this really kills immersion, no 2 zombies should be exactly a like at all. The animals are fine being the same, but the human zombies should each look diffrent in some way even within the same "class".

They also need some backstory as to how you wake up bascally naked in the middle of no where suddendly, Now if you spawned in a house that was considered the players home this would fix this, you could have the char getting out of bed, which would explain why they are in their undies, with the outside of the house being somewhat fortified against zombies, as the zombie apoc has been going on for a while. The reason you have to leave your house is because your almost out of food and drinkable water, so your forced to go out to scavenge. Coould also have an event where a sudden zombie horde destroys your house so you can't go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    I'd think closer to 10 (or more) if you consider it'd take a bit of time for trading outpost/compounds and a common standard currency to start cropping up after the primary chaos of the apocalypse died down sufficiently.

However...everyone can be "right" here since civilization didn't have to fall overnight. There may have been communities which were isolated, draconian, or lucky enough to have survived the initial onslaught....and succumbed later providing the still-juicy zombies we see in the game.

To the OP's point; I don't often sympathize with the devs (they won't give me more updates NOW), but it must be tough to make a game and keep trying to balance all the aspects as it evolves knowing that your customers all have different priorities. If it were me, I'd hold off on the artwork until the game was nearly done and focus on blocks, gear, balance etc., but I totally get that this is only my preference.

-Morloc

Quote Originally Posted by Siveria View Post
    They also need some backstory as to how you wake up bascally naked in the middle of no where suddendly....
    THIS!

-Morloc

Hunter
    I can certainly put prettier (is that the right word??) zombies behind a better gameplay experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Siveria View Post
    They also need some backstory as to how you wake up bascally naked in the middle of no where suddendly....
    Yeah...MadMole told many stories when created them...
    bla...bla...bla
    but, it seems, that zombies have not heard these stories
    Last edited by n2n1; 01-05-2018 at 05:40 AM.