View Poll Results: Which option most closely aligns with your opinion about the look of the zombies.

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • The zombies look like people. They need to be redrawn to be more decayed, gory, and scary.

    16 32.65%
  • The zombies look like zombies. The artistic choice used by the developers is fine and consistent.

    32 65.31%
  • The zombies are too scary and gross and need to be toned down

    1 2.04%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 124

Thread: Just a little criticism...

  1. #31
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    1
    Do the devs know how to get high performing UMA zombies? If not can someone inform them lol

  2. #32
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0
    UMA Zombies were a thing at one point, and they worked well, only dropped a few frames on the FPS counter when they spawned and rushed.
    Same as caves used to be super good with Ferals in them an actual loot. Not the retarded tunnels that end suddenly, we used to have underground lakes all over the place. Too many things that worked flawlessly were either nerfed into oblivion or altered beyond uselessness. Caves being one of them. And the 0,0 hub city. I miss that one.

    Only compliment I can throw out is the skill and perk system. But the rest of the game has taken a sh*te and I'm sick of saying that on my stream every damn time I remember the old versions, A9 and the likes...

  3. #33
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In Transition, USA
    Posts
    3,713
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Siveria View Post
    They also need some backstory as to how you wake up bascally naked in the middle of no where suddendly,
    Two words: binge drinking.


    Duh!

  4. #34
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston-ish, Texas
    Posts
    17,987
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by George Gordon View Post
    UMA Zombies were a thing at one point, and they worked well, only dropped a few frames on the FPS counter when they spawned and rushed.
    Same as caves used to be super good with Ferals in them an actual loot. Not the retarded tunnels that end suddenly, we used to have underground lakes all over the place. Too many things that worked flawlessly were either nerfed into oblivion or altered beyond uselessness. Caves being one of them. And the 0,0 hub city. I miss that one.

    Only compliment I can throw out is the skill and perk system. But the rest of the game has taken a sh*te and I'm sick of saying that on my stream every damn time I remember the old versions, A9 and the likes...
    1st: Are you Flash's, lesser known cousin?

    2nd: I agree; it's weird that some things that didn't seem to have problems were removed due to having problems. I /think/ the caves went bye bye because of the SI problems they caused buildings above them, but I WILL say that I know for a FACT (okay, fact may be a loose interpretation of "I heard a rumor") that caves are making a comeback at some point.

  5. #35
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In Transition, USA
    Posts
    3,713
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    I know for a FACT (okay, fact may be a loose interpretation of "I heard a rumor") that caves are making a comeback at some point.
    Fact + rumor = factor?

    Then somehow we end up at the lowest common denominator or maybe a parabolic hyperbole. Math is some crazy religion.

  6. #36
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston-ish, Texas
    Posts
    17,987
    Rep Power
    1
    Well, since math IS God to kin, it should all work out.

  7. #37
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In Transition, USA
    Posts
    3,713
    Rep Power
    1
    But what do we do with the remainder?

  8. #38
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    0
    Eat them.

  9. #39
    Inventor toores's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    890
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    That's because you haven't seen the latest mod technology yet that fixes the memory leaks with UMA's and causes them to run smoother than a baby's bottom...

    ...hundred, two hundred, no problem.
    I need to see some video proof!

    Actually i'd much prefer if every singe headshot killed a zombie but there were 200 of them. Maybe not everywhere but definitely in a big city.

  10. #40
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Ladies and gentlemen, i m reading your comments, but really, i think that this discussion is going "off-topic". My only intention was to criticize the aesthetic aspect of zombies in this game, and JUST AND ONLY THIS! I m not criticizing the game itself, but just this aspect, that in my opinion is a very important aspect and a neglected (since now) aspect of the game. Some of you are talking about mods...mods in wich zombies look better. Well, I DONT CARE OF MODS..i just want that the basic game, for what is concerning the artistic level of zombies , will be fixed! I otherwise think that, when a game is full of mods done from players, it means that the original game is starting to be recognized like a failure. I just hope that the authors will do the work and will fix the zombies and every other aspect that is needed to be fixed. I i ve spent my moneys to have the original well done game, and not to be forced to install mods done from players in order to make the game better. Is it clear this point? I hope yes. I think that it is in the interest of the authors themselves to fix every problem of the game without wait for player's mods. And i think that zombies need a radical overhaul (the graphic and artist aspect, not the rest), becouse actually, in my opinion they are really aesthetically poor and not scaring at all. Only this!
    Last edited by Spartacus_Red; 01-11-2018 at 08:19 AM.

  11. #41
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, i m reading your comments, but really, i think that this discussion is going "off-topic". My only intention was to criticize the aesthetic aspect of zombies in this game, and JUST AND ONLY THIS!
    I looked at the examples you provided of better zombies and have to say half of them don't look better to me, just in higher resolution with lots more polygons. The zombies in Picture 2 seem so boringly gray in gray, the zombie in the last picture looks really pathetic (yes, I actually magnified the picture to be sure it wasn't picture size influencing me).

    And also judging from the feedback in this thread your opinion may not be the majority opinion. Maybe you just have gotten used to the look of the zombies in 7d too much. Still, there is hope for you. if Madmole thinks he doesn't like the zombies look, they will get a refresh. no matter what we think.
    Last edited by meganoth; 01-11-2018 at 04:12 PM.

  12. #42
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In Transition, USA
    Posts
    3,713
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    if Madmole thinks he doesn't like the zombies look, they will get a refresh. no matter what we think.
    Nip/Tuck: Zombie Apocalypse Edition

  13. #43
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    11,272
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, i m reading your comments, but really, i think that this discussion is going "off-topic". My only intention was to criticize the aesthetic aspect of zombies in this game, and JUST AND ONLY THIS! I m not criticizing the game itself, but just this aspect, that in my opinion is a very important aspect and a neglected (since now) aspect of the game. Some of you are talking about mods...mods in wich zombies look better. Well, I DONT CARE OF MODS..i just want that the basic game, for what is concerning the artistic level of zombies , will be fixed! I otherwise think that, when a game is full of mods done from players, it means that the original game is starting to be recognized like a failure. I just hope that the authors will do the work and will fix the zombies and every other aspect that is needed to be fixed. I i ve spent my moneys to have the original well done game, and not to be forced to install mods done from players in order to make the game better. Is it clear this point? I hope yes. I think that it is in the interest of the authors themselves to fix every problem of the game without wait for player's mods. And i think that zombies need a radical overhaul (the graphic and artist aspect, not the rest), becouse actually, in my opinion they are really aesthetically poor and not scaring at all. Only this!
    Aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder and scary is only scary until you get desensitized to it. I'm not against more gore showing on the models but to be honest it will only seem gross and disturbing for maybe an hour tops and then it will just become normal. I don't see this as something critical. You think the zombies are lackluster but for every one of you there is at least another who finds them scary and gross and disturbingly scary and there is at least another one who thinks they should be toned down some.

    The meatball at the end of INSIDE was repulsive at first but within five minutes it became endearing...

  14. #44
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder and scary is only scary until you get desensitized to it. I'm not against more gore showing on the models but to be honest it will only seem gross and disturbing for maybe an hour tops and then it will just become normal. I don't see this as something critical. You think the zombies are lackluster but for every one of you there is at least another who finds them scary and gross and disturbingly scary and there is at least another one who thinks they should be toned down some.

    The meatball at the end of INSIDE was repulsive at first but within five minutes it became endearing...
    Really, i dont need to flame with you, but ALL you have wrote is for me insignificant and out of topic. The problem is only one: Have i the permission to criticize what in my opinion IS aesthetically a failure in this game or as soon as i express this opinion someone like you appears to give me lesson on what is aesthetical and what is not, and on what is the true sense of life? Really, your post bored me. If i m a free person, Pimps must accept also those who hard criticize one aspect or the other of their creation...i dont need your lessons. Like i said, zombies in this game are really badly drawn down! They are not zombies to my eyes...they just make me think to many other games in wich zombies are, on the opposite, really nicely drawn down and really scaring. And i think they ruins the atmosphere and the involvement of this game, making it much less scary. Ok? You don t need to have my same persuasion and/or opinion about this matter, and i dont care, really! Salutations
    Last edited by Spartacus_Red; 01-11-2018 at 06:31 PM.

  15. #45
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston-ish, Texas
    Posts
    17,987
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus_Red View Post
    Really, i dont need to flame with you, but ALL you have wrote is for me insignificant and out of topic. The problem is only one: Have i the permission to criticize what in my opinion IS aesthetically a failure in this game or as soon as i express this opinion someone like you appears to give me lesson on what is aesthetical and what is not, and on what is the true sense of life? Really, your post bored me. If i m a free person, Pimps must accept also those who hard criticize one aspect or the other of their creation...i dont need your lessons. Like i said, zombies in this game are really bad drawn down! They are not zombies to my eyes...they just make me think to many other games in wich zombies are, on the opposite, really well drawn down and really scaring. And i think they ruins the atmosphere and the involvement of this game, making it much less scary. Ok? You don t need to have my same persuasion and/or opinion about this matter, and i dont care, really! Salutations
    So... you want the freedom to criticize, but don't want to allow anyone the freedom to disagree?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •